Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Westin Grande Sukhumvit, Bangkok, Thailand [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 22, 2014, 11:44 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ElevatorEnthusiast
Hotel email: [email protected]
[email protected]

Westin Club Privileges (as of 1 March 2019)

Guests of the Westin Club at The Westin Grande Sukhumvit, Bangkok are able to enjoy a range of exclusive privileges, including:
  • Access to the Westin Club Lounge from 06:30 to 23:30 hrs..- Breakfast from 06:30 to 11:00 hrs.
  • Afternoon tea from 12:00 to 16:00 hrs.
  • Evening Cocktails from 17:00 to 20:00 hrs.
  • All day complimentary tea, coffee and non-alcoholic refreshments, served in the lounge
  • Optionally, complimentary standard drinks at Seasonal Tastes, Kisso or Zest Bar & Terrace from 18:00 to 20:00 hrs.
  • Complimentary laundry or pressing of 2 pieces per day (non-cumulative). Not including dry cleaning and express service.
  • Complimentary Premium High Speed Internet throughout the hotel
  • Two hours per stay use of the Business Center meeting room
  • Complimentary local telephone calls and calling card access (toll free numbers)
  • Late check-out until 16:00 hrs. available upon request and subject to availability
  • Access to lounge for member plus one guest. This benefit only applies to the one guest room in which the Platinum Elite / Platinum Premier Elite member is staying.
Print Wikipost

Westin Grande Sukhumvit, Bangkok, Thailand [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 10, 2023, 12:15 pm

Programs: UA 2MM * Marriott Ambassador LT Titanium * IHG Diamond Ambassador * Hilton Diamond *
Not a lot of changes at the Westin, as the future of the building is still uncertain, but I like the new uniforms at the lounge.

Robert Wittebrood, the present GM, brought some of the excellency from the Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit with him, so you can expect good service and management listening to the guests.
The hotel still offers a paper version of the Bangkok Post, when it is no longer available at the SGS. Much appreciated.

As usual, the bellmen are very helpful to take your luggage to the SGS, if this is your next stop.
EuropeanPete likes this.
Old Jul 11, 2023, 8:50 am

Programs: AC MM E50 , Former SPG, now Marriott LT Plat
Originally Posted by UASPG
The hotel still offers a paper version of the Bangkok Post, when it is no longer available at the SGS. Much appreciated.

Yes, during my last stay at Le Meridien I was a bit peeved that I had to walk to Foodland in Pat Pong to get my
morning paper. And to the Tops across from the SGS since the near-by 7-11 had closed.
Old Jul 11, 2023, 5:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

How annoying is it to stay on a day when the “Westin Pool Party” is going on? Will I be hearing noise all evening? I know I’ll be denied access to the pool, what about the gym?

Trying to decide where to stay this weekend.
Old Jul 11, 2023, 10:22 pm

Programs: UA 2MM * Marriott Ambassador LT Titanium * IHG Diamond Ambassador * Hilton Diamond *
Originally Posted by travelinmanS
How annoying is it to stay on a day when the “Westin Pool Party” is going on?

Judge by yourself:

https://megatix.in.th/events/mad-stash-x-westin-pool-party-sat-15-july-2023

This YouTube video, that shows the hotel, came after the Pool Party one:

Last edited by UASPG; Jul 12, 2023 at 1:35 pm
Old Jul 11, 2023, 11:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Judge by yourself:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MdmQ32aYYDE

https://megatix.in.th/events/mad-sta...23?source=home

This YouTube video, that shows the hotel, came after the Pool Party one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6OUR6ZbWo4M
20 years ago I’d be all over it, now I think I’ll book elsewhere. 😜
Old Jul 12, 2023, 5:53 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Judge by yourself:
A picture may be worth a thousand words; that video told the whole story.
Old Jul 12, 2023, 1:38 pm

20 years ago I’d be all over it, now I think I’ll book elsewhere. 😜
If you change your mind, please do not forget to post a selfie or a video at this July 15th party.

Old Nov 25, 2023, 1:43 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, UA Silver, Mobile Passport Unobtanium
How annoying is it to stay on a day when the “Westin Pool Party” is going on? Will I be hearing noise all evening? I know I’ll be denied access to the pool, what about the gym?

Trying to decide where to stay this weekend.
For future reference.....it's not too bad.

Pool party started at 2:00 pm or so. We had a room on the 26th floor, pool is on floor 8.

The music was loud enough to hear in the room but not distractingly so. (I imagine if one were on a lower floor that might be another story.)

The party attendees take the elevator from the ground floor to the lobby level and are then shepherded up the stairs (across from the lift) and to the pool. So it isn't like the hotel is suddenly flooded with people.

The party ended at 9:00 pm, on schedule, and the music stopped.
Old Apr 13, 2024, 5:46 pm

New Lounge !

The Westin Grande Sukhumvit has now a new very spacious lounge on the 25th floor, but do not get too excited as it is only temporary.
The hotel is using a function room while the lounge is being renovated.
The present room would be perfect for a permanent lounge, but it would mean giving up on a very lucrative space, One can always dream.
reggiekush likes this.
Old Apr 15, 2024, 2:51 am

Programs: World of Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Bonvoy LTP; IHG Plat
The Westin Grande Sukhumvit has now a new very spacious lounge on the 25th floor, but do not get too excited as it is only temporary.
The present room would be perfect for a permanent lounge, but it would mean giving up on a very lucrative space, One can always dream.
will they add more space to the lounge?
Old Apr 15, 2024, 2:56 am

Originally Posted by 3rdworldresident
will they add more space to the lounge?
I believe they are, but I cannot say for sure.
reggiekush likes this.
Old Apr 16, 2024, 12:31 am

Programs: MB Ambassador, WOH Globalist, HH Diamond (Aspire), AA Gold, UA (*G) Gold
Apologies, but I'm sitting in the lounge today. It is on the 24th floor and looks the exact same as I remember from last year. Is the new lounge starting at some point in the near future?
Old Apr 17, 2024, 10:28 am

Programs: MB Ambassador, WOH Globalist, HH Diamond (Aspire), AA Gold, UA (*G) Gold
Well, I’m not sure how useful my Westin review will be as I ended up in the exact same suite as last year - at least, I can see some small improvements here, and nothing got worse! Here are my updated 2024 impressions:
  • Upgraded the night before to a One Bedroom Suite - ended up in the exact same suite as last time - mid-floor, so not the long suite in the corners - on club floor, so convenient
  • Pretty obvious that aspects of the bed have been updated - incredibly heavy mattress with very clean underside - mattress was comfortable (firm-ish but also plush-ish foam), pillows were super fresh and plush, covers could be thicker, but works with warmer in-room average climate
  • Shower pressure is fine - nothing to blow you away
  • Pretty view, but the bedroom of 2405 still has some window frosting issues
  • So many bottles of water
  • Good club lounge desserts at afternoon tea check-in and evening service (6 to 8)
  • Club lounge was in the same space on the 24th floor during my stay yesterday
  • I asked to clarify, but no issue with 4 PM checkout
  • Welcome gift was wine and cheese, but I had unfortunately bloated myself with pizza before receiving it
  • Offered restaurant breakfast without giving up 1000 points welcome gift - so delicious - absolutely delicious and moist red velvet cake - delicious hashbrowns - the waffles were so soft and tasty - love the banana pancakes - great banana bread - restaurant has guava juice while lounge does not
  • Bell staff won’t not let themselves help with luggage ;-)

I would definitely come back.

Photos:

lamphs and diablo77 like this.
Old Apr 17, 2024, 2:10 pm

Originally Posted by ElevatorEnthusiast
Apologies, but I'm sitting in the lounge today. It is on the 24th floor and looks the exact same as I remember from last year. Is the new lounge starting at some point in the near future?
Sorry about the delayed reply.
I guess that you missed the temporary lounge.
An email had been sent some time ago about the lounge being closed for a few days:

"Temporary Interruption to Executive Westin Club Lounge

We are delighted to have you as our guest at The Westin Grande Sukhumvit, Bangkok and we hope you will finding the experience refreshing and inspiring. Please be informed that we will be experiencing a sensational refresh at a rapid pace to enhance your Westin experience as our Westin Executive Club Lounge will undergo a refurbishment from 10th April 2024 –15th April 2024.

During this period, all our Westin Executive Club Lounge services will be resumed on 25th Floor as per our normal operational hours. Our team members will be on standby to serve you with all refreshing delicacies throughout the operating hours. However for our elite guests check in and check out will be only available on 7th floor lobby.
We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience caused by the maintenance and thank you for your kind understanding."

I also found a reservation confirmation with the note below:
"Westin Club will be closed for refurbishment on Apr 10-15, 2024. Alternative arrangements is served at Altitude 25th Fl."

Last edited by UASPG; Apr 19, 2024 at 12:45 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.