Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Grand at Wild Horse Pass, Phoenix [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sheraton Grand at Wild Horse Pass, Phoenix [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 16, 2011, 9:23 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage & Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: American ExPlat; Marriott/SPG Lifetime Plat; Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by yvandoorn
It's been awhile since this property had a minor review. I am staying here on 03/04 - 03/06 and hoping as a plat I'll be treated well.
I know of a few stays in the past few months by Platinum members and all were upgraded to suites. It seems this property still treats Platinums very well in terms of upgrades.

Having said that, your stay falls in the busiest month of the year in the Phoenix area, as MLB Spring Training runs through March, so you never know how high occupancy levels will impact suite availability.
Old May 13, 2011, 9:01 am
In memoriam

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM, Starwood Platinum, a nothing in several others
May 13, 2011 groupon.com deal

http://www.groupon.com/deals/aji-spa...sort?c=dnb&p=7

$35 for $70 Worth of Spa and Salon Services and Café Fare at Aji Spa and Aji Café at Sheraton Wild Horse Pass Resort in Chandler

Expires Nov 14, 2011
Limit 1 per visit. Valid only at Aji Spa and Aji Café. Not valid for products or gift card purchases.
Old Jun 11, 2011, 11:24 pm

Programs: AC*SE MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Here right now for a 3 night stay. Upgraded to an Executive Suite on a $89 AAA rate!

Decent internet here too:

Plats also get free access to the spa + gym facilities (otherwise $20/day). Good size gym.

Late checkout requested, and accommodated till 3pm.

Last edited by yvr76; Jun 12, 2011 at 1:23 pm Reason: w/late checkout info
Old Jan 23, 2012, 10:49 am

Programs: Marriott LTP - Aeroplan 50K
A few questions for Plats who have stayed here recently:

1. It doesn't sound like there is a lounge for Plats - true ?

2. How does the booking of tennis courts work on the property ? Is there a fee to play ?

3. An earlier post said Plats don't pay for valet parking. Is this still the case ?

Thanks,

Singlepoint
Old Feb 21, 2012, 8:50 pm

Programs: aa exp and ck, spg plat, hz pc, dl life gld, marriott life plat, others
Plat here for two nights - no upgrade, told I was upgraded to deluxe king room which is what I booked. Apparently valet parking not free for platinums either - $22 per night.

Yesterday there were several suites available for a two night booking, as I tried for several rooms until it stopped offering the suites, thus was hopeful - but the upgrade gods were not smiling on me today.
Old Apr 22, 2012, 10:53 am

Programs: SPG Platinum
Stayed here at Wild Horse Pass last weekend (Leisure with family) close to home and NO upgrades. I stay at this resort about 20-25 times a year with family the past two years and it seems Plats do not get upgrades to executive suites anymore. Not sure why as they were available as I did upgrade for $100 each night (2 nights) in order to have the suite. So as for Plat's don't look for upgrades. They only upgrade will be regular room to deluxe room which is the same except for facing the pool side. No difference. If you never stayed here, its a fantastic resort tucked far away by itself. Staff is very friendly. This resort has the only 5 star restaurant in Arizona. "Kai". Very expensive but very much worth it on occasions. Breakfast is great also including the Buffet. Great service.
Old May 15, 2012, 3:35 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum
Smile Wild Horse Pass Breakfast voucher update

Here is what I received in a Email and very happy for what this hotel has done for us.

We have decided that at our hotel, we will now accept the Platinum breakfast vouchers to be used towards any breakfast item at either the Link Café or Ko’Sin. The value ($13) will just be added as a discount towards the final bill. This is a decision that is only specific to our property, but we have decided that this will be an important added benefit to our loyal Platinum guests.

This Hotel really listens to its customers and is a fantastic place to stay with family or just to relax and enjoy. It has the only 5 star (Kai) restaurant in the Valley. Golf course is a troon course also. You want to get a way this is the place to do it. Staff is fantastic and will help in any way possible. I am not a staff member or work with the hotel but live 8-10 minutes away and this is our quick getaway weekends to enjoy.
Old May 29, 2012, 12:58 am

Programs: AA EXP(.96MM), AMEX Platinum, United Premier Silver, Delta Gold, SPG Platinum 50, Hilton Gold VIP
will be staying here next week! will report back with full details of my stay as a platinum guest
Old Jun 20, 2012, 7:48 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, United LT Silver
This is my second stay here and have been upgraded to an Executive Suite both times. However, each stay was only 1 night, mid-week; and it's obviously off-season with temps hitting 112.

Internet is quite good for a hotel. Plats get free access to the spa. Was offered free continental breakfast, but I took the points instead. Not sure if I was supposed to get a breakfast voucher plus points for Plat.

I don't believe valet is free for Plats, but self-park is easy and close to most of the rooms.

Nice resort, but I haven't had much time to explore.
Old Aug 20, 2012, 9:40 pm

Just stayed for a night. Nice resort. Very relaxing. Water slide is slow.

Virtually no plat recognition. Received an average room that was about 300 yards from the front desk. Two days after my stay I got a phantom charge for the mini bar. I think it might have been my "free" water.
Old Aug 28, 2012, 7:26 am

Programs: AA, Delta, United, SPG plat, Hyatt dia
Very nice stay.
Upgraded to a one bdrm. suite on the gound floor of the building away from the pool (nice and quiet) with a great view of the lake and the golf course.
Very nice staff.

Room and the hallways had a weird "wet dog" smell. Heavy rains the week before might have been the reason.
Old Sep 9, 2012, 9:37 pm

Location: SPG Lifetime Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold:AA Plat, Now retired but previous NWA PLAT 2 Million +, United 1K plus etc etc
Great stay here this last Saturday, $139 on the 10 year 10k point rate.

Free parking, great bell staff and front desk staff.

Upgraded to an Executive Suite without asking.

The property is in great shape, spotlessly clean Inside and out, great Sunday am Buffet with omelet station, smoked salmon, fresh pastries etc for $19..a real deal considering the assortment and a la carte prices.

No club lounge here..2 waters in the room though and no problem having front desk send a 1 page LD US fax in seconds.

The Rawhide Steak House just up the road still has probably the best $22
porterhouse steak with salad and fixings around.

The pool area is done right, nice thick cushions on the chairs, little flags to raise for service and the decking is the kind that doesnt burn your feet. Also water stations throughout.

Spa and golf course looked great, didn't have time to utilize this stay though.
Old Jan 14, 2013, 8:05 am

Programs: AA Plat, UA Silver, DL Silver, Marriott Titanium, etc.
Originally Posted by FLYERIL
Will the Wild Horse Pass give a late 4pm check-out or will they simply state that as a resort it is not a benefit? Or will it just depend on room availability for my stay?
Can someone comment on this point? I also will need a late checkout to make a 1-night stay worthwhile. Otherwise I probably might as well stay at the airport Aloft or something like that - a 12 PM checkout would give me very little time to enjoy the resort. I am a SPG Gold member.
Old Jan 14, 2013, 9:16 am

Programs: Bonvoy Amb LTT, HHonors Diamond, AA ExPlat, United Silver
Originally Posted by GrizShel
Can someone comment on this point? I also will need a late checkout to make a 1-night stay worthwhile. Otherwise I probably might as well stay at the airport Aloft or something like that - a 12 PM checkout would give me very little time to enjoy the resort. I am a SPG Gold member.
I was at Wild Horse Pass recently and offered a late check out without asking. That being said, the property was slow and I am platinum.
Old Jun 10, 2013, 6:20 am

Programs: Bonvoy Amb LTT, HHonors Diamond, AA ExPlat, United Silver
Question Resort Fee For Platinums?

The Sheraton Wild Horse Pass instituted a resort fee in March, 2013. Much of what it covers are already platinum benefits. Has any plat stayed here in the last two months. Is the resort fee waived or was an alternate benefit given?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.