Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Grand at Wild Horse Pass, Phoenix [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sheraton Grand at Wild Horse Pass, Phoenix [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old May 26, 2010, 2:42 pm

Programs: IHG Plat, HH Gold, EZ Pass Plat, Starbucks Gold, Whatever flight is cheapest
I stayed there a year or so ago and there was no resort fee at the time.
Old Aug 13, 2010, 7:31 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum
Any recent stays. How are they with Platinum members? Thank you in advance
Old Aug 13, 2010, 8:13 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage & Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: American ExPlat; Marriott/SPG Lifetime Plat; Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by gabo02
Any recent stays. How are they with Platinum members? Thank you in advance
This is still a great hotel. Platinum members typically receive an upgrade to a very nice suite. I have a Platinum friend who stays here occasionally and he told me the last time that he has never missed a suite upgrade -- in probably 20 stays over the last 5 or so years.
Old Aug 13, 2010, 8:39 pm

Programs: UA GS 2MM, AA P 2MM, DL PM, US P, VS G, SPG LT P, HH D, HYATT P, PC P, AVIS PC, HERTZ PLAT
I always get a suite upgrade here unless its totally booked.
Old Oct 1, 2010, 10:25 pm

Programs: AA, UA, WN, WOH
A quick question about the parking at the the Sheraton Wild Horse Pass. I read somewhere (can't remember exactly where right now) that there is both valet parking and free self-parking at this hotel. The writer indicated that you need to be careful if you don't want the valet parking, so could someone who has been here explain where the self-parking is because I don't care for valet parking.
Old Oct 1, 2010, 11:22 pm

Originally Posted by FLYERIL
A quick question about the parking at the the Sheraton Wild Horse Pass. I read somewhere (can't remember exactly where right now) that there is both valet parking and free self-parking at this hotel. The writer indicated that you need to be careful if you don't want the valet parking, so could someone who has been here explain where the self-parking is because I don't care for valet parking.
There's ample self-parking space on the left side of the road leading up to the hotel. Pull into the parking lot before you reach the front door and you should be ok.

On a related note, I always consider valet parking an inconvenience and try to avoid places that don't have self parking. I don't want anybody else driving my car and can't really understand the appeal others find in this type of service. It's always faster for me to walk to my car than having to wait for the 22-year-old valet to bring it to me.

Last edited by Okto; Oct 1, 2010 at 11:32 pm
Old Oct 2, 2010, 8:57 am

Programs: AC SE100, SPG Plat, Visa Inf Priv
OK, Not Great

Resort is average IMO. No benefit as a Gold. Hotel is very spread out. Self parking is good. Kai restaurant is excellent. The other isn't worth your time. I was there during a conference and had some strange fees like a $12 per person fee for the bell staff. My wife and I had one small roller each and we usually handle our bags ourselves. I thought the fee to be obnoxious and it was eventually refunded after speaking with a couple of managers. I hate being nickel and dimed like that.

Don't go if you don't golf. Not much out there, but it was somewhat relaxing.
Old Oct 2, 2010, 9:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by YWG-RO
....I was there during a conference and had some strange fees like a $12 per person fee for the bell staff....
Sounds like the infamous Resort Fee, although it should have been per room per night.
Old Oct 3, 2010, 8:32 pm

Will the Wild Horse Pass give a late 4pm check-out or will they simply state that as a resort it is not a benefit? Or will it just depend on room availability for my stay?
Old Oct 3, 2010, 9:54 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
I stayed here in January and received an excellent upgrade to a huge executive suite! We had dinner in the hotel restaurant, which was a bit pricey, but the food and service were outstanding. Very enjoyable stay.
Old Oct 4, 2010, 8:54 pm

How is the resort set up/the hotel rooms throughout the facility? Do you reach your room from the lobby or are rooms located in different buildings throughout the facility? Is it easier to get your luggage to your room by taking it with you to the front desk or to check-in and then go back to your car? (I'm not a fan of bellhops by the way.)
Old Oct 4, 2010, 9:07 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage & Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: American ExPlat; Marriott/SPG Lifetime Plat; Hyatt Globalist
How is the resort set up/the hotel rooms throughout the facility? Do you reach your room from the lobby or are rooms located in different buildings throughout the facility? Is it easier to get your luggage to your room by taking it with you to the front desk or to check-in and then go back to your car? (I'm not a fan of bellhops by the way.)
It's many buildings and quite spread out, so generally you can park close to your room. Depending upon the amount of luggage, you can typically park and haul your own from your car fairly easily. It depends on occupancy level and the specific location of your room.

Given your aversion to bellhops, I'd go check in first, figure out where your room is located, and take it from there.
Old Oct 4, 2010, 9:08 pm

Do any of the suites have two beds or do they only have one king bed in the suites?
Old Nov 27, 2010, 1:37 pm

Do any of the suites have two beds or do they only have one king bed in the suites?
Solid resort. Free valet for Plat. Upgrade to suite, 1 king + pullout. Excellent breakfast options. Valet retrieval very fast. Clean room, though waters haven't been replenished and we're on day 4. We aren't spending too much time here, though kids love pools (one of which is heated). Only wired Internet in room though lobby has wifi. friendliness of staff rivals that which I've gotten in Asia (ie SGS Bangkok). We're here solely for location (family in Chandler) though definitely enjoying the resort. agree property is spread out, but so what. A little exercise never hurt.
Old Feb 15, 2011, 9:45 pm

Programs: DL PM, AS MVPG, SPG Platinum
It's been awhile since this property had a minor review. I am staying here on 03/04 - 03/06 and hoping as a plat I'll be treated well.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.