Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Davenport Grand Hotel, Spokane WA [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Davenport Grand Hotel, Spokane WA [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old May 15, 2017, 7:37 am

Programs: AA Plat Pro, United Silver, Marriott LTT, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
I was looking to book here again for a night as part of this summer's Coeur d'alene trip. This hotel (as well as the 3 other Davenport properties) now has a resort fee.

"Daily destination amenity fee of USD 10 added to rate includes high speed Internet, bottled water, local calls and more."

BUT since the primary benefit appears to be the internet access, I called the hotel and asked if this was waived for Platinum members. Yes, it is. ^

I'm happy it's waived for Plats, but overall this is a really bad trend for Autograph Collection hotels.
Old May 23, 2017, 4:04 pm

Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
I would wait to see at check-in if they make you pay for the penthouse suite on the 3rd night. They may just keep you in the room w/ no charge.

Cheers.
That might be the key to inquire @ checkin. We've booked these suites in the past, and they are actually a pretty good value, at about a 50% premium for twice the size rooms.
Old May 23, 2017, 8:21 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador; AA EXP 3MM; AS MVP, Hilton Gold, CH-47/UH-60/C-23/C-130 VET
Originally Posted by ehallison
I was looking to book here again for a night as part of this summer's Coeur d'alene trip. This hotel (as well as the 3 other Davenport properties) now has a resort fee.

"Daily destination amenity fee of USD 10 added to rate includes high speed Internet, bottled water, local calls and more."

BUT since the primary benefit appears to be the internet access, I called the hotel and asked if this was waived for Platinum members. Yes, it is. ^

I'm happy it's waived for Plats, but overall this is a really bad trend for Autograph Collection hotels.
I've stayed here a couple times and the hotel is OK. I certainly wasn't offered a suite upgrade. As for the destination amenity fee, that's crazy! This is a nice classic business hotel but certainly not a resort by any means and if I compare with the destination amenity fee at the Miami Marquis which has some extra things on the property, I don't know how they can remotely justify such a fee.
Old Mar 13, 2018, 7:54 am

Programs: AS MVP, Marriott Platinum
I just stayed at this property. I really enjoyed it. I was upgraded to a junior suite with a fireplace as a Gold. I thought the room was well put together with some nice features (Powered window shade, fireplace, soaking tub). I opted for the points instead of the breakfast.
dgreen12 likes this.
Old Mar 20, 2018, 2:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
Have they put furniture in the junior suites yet? (I remember one with a lot of empty space that should have held a desk, dresser, couch, etc.)
Old Mar 21, 2018, 11:41 am

Just booked a stay here for 5/5 to 5/6 for $313 for a standard 2 king guest room (ouch >.<) It's for Cirque du Soleil so I can't really change the dates and of course it happens to also be Bloomsday run or whatever so the city is BOOKED... The Historic Davenport had a 2 bed room available for like $20 more and it was kinda a toss up between the Grand and the Historic, but it looks like ALL the roads around the Historic will be closed on Sunday (check out day) until like 2pm or so because of the race... soooooo, not exactly sure how that'll work. I certainly don't want to be told we have to move the car Saturday night to a public lot or something... Guess I'll just keep my reservation over at the Grand, but when I'm up to this price for a single night stay in Spokane I almost want to just go for the nicest Davenport property. (Apparently the Historic is a category higher then the Grand? Also, going to do their Sunday brunch over there away...)

I'm just a gold (via my Amex Plat) but was slightly curious about upgrade potential. Are any suites there 2 beds? I would be limited to needing two beds so not sure what kind of upgrade options I could have... on the flip side, if the hotel is overbooked because of the crazy busy weekend, maybe they'll bump golds into better rooms, assuming a lot of the runners don't have status and just are needing a stay close to the start of the race....
Old Mar 21, 2018, 12:02 pm

Ironically, the "normal" upgrade to a Jr Suite only has 1 bed, so that won't work for you. The penthouse suites have a proper king and sofabed and are actually pretty good value. You are getting twice the space for just ~$100 upcharge. You might want to bite the bullet and go that route.

As Gold, the "destination fee" they charge will be waived, and you can ask for late checkout.
Old Mar 21, 2018, 1:19 pm

Originally Posted by ntamayo
Ironically, the "normal" upgrade to a Jr Suite only has 1 bed, so that won't work for you. The penthouse suites have a proper king and sofabed and are actually pretty good value. You are getting twice the space for just ~$100 upcharge. You might want to bite the bullet and go that route.

As Gold, the "destination fee" they charge will be waived, and you can ask for late checkout.
I was kinda thinking about just booking the penthouse but I wasn't sure how decent the sofabed would be, even just for one night... and also I was already pissed rates were over $300 for a standard room :P

I'm only a ~2.5 hour drive from Spokane so it feels crazy spending $300+ to stay the night, but I don't want to drive up and back in the same day (lazy) so I'm staying, I'll enjoy Cirque du Soleil more and dinner and the Davenport Historic brunch the next day...

Good to know about the destination fee! I saw a comment here about a Platinum member getting that fee waived but wasn't sure if a Gold would get the same treatment, that $10 for "internet and water bottle" or whatever is a joke for this location! Finally, when talking about the late checkout the benefits page says "This benefit is guaranteed at all hotels, except at resort and convention hotels, where it is based upon availability.", I assume since this has the $10 fee now it's considered a resort? I'll still request it, but just trying to figure out if it's considered guaranteed or not at this location, I certainly will make use of that if I'm able to get it! (Love walking around downtown before hitting the road etc)

Edit: Also, does this hotel have a lounge? If so, I assume I can't opt for extra points since breakfast is in the lounge? I'm already planning on Sunday having brunch over at the Historic Davenport, so breakfast perk at the Grand is useless :P Do they have snacks in the lounge later in the day/night? Does the lounge close at some point every day?

Last edited by acarney; Mar 21, 2018 at 1:24 pm
Old Mar 21, 2018, 3:32 pm

Sorry, can't speak to the sofabed's comfort to help out. It's not a resort, despite the dubious "destination fee," so you can ask for late checkout. I was able to get as late as 4pm last time I needed it here, but YMMV on a busy weekend.

No lounge either, but you get a daily F&B credit ($14 I believe).
Old Mar 21, 2018, 3:42 pm

Originally Posted by ntamayo
Sorry, can't speak to the sofabed's comfort to help out. It's not a resort, despite the dubious "destination fee," so you can ask for late checkout. I was able to get as late as 4pm last time I needed it here, but YMMV on a busy weekend.

No lounge either, but you get a daily F&B credit ($14 I believe).
F&B credit would be fine with me, this will be a pretty quick trip with little time in the hotel so the lounge wouldn't really be that big of a perk for me this time around. Do you know if the F&B credit can be waived in exchange for extra points? (It's what, 750 pts or 1,000 pts for Autograph Collection hotels?) Though, to be honest, if the F&B can be used on alcohol I'll probably take that and just grab a drink before calling it a night.

Thanks for your input! It's rare to find advice on here for Eastern WA stuff usually :P
Old Mar 21, 2018, 4:23 pm

Haven't had to waive the F&B credit before, so can't say about extra points.

It's rare to find advice on here for Eastern WA stuff usually
Kudos to Marriott for bringing the Davenports into the family. Previously I was at the mercy of the CY near Gonzaga or the RI in Spokane Valley.
Old Jul 14, 2019, 3:37 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Lifetime SkyClub, AS MVP
Had a Marriott Chase CC cert from a since-cancelled business card (that I couldn't extend) so had a "staycation" at the Davenport Grand Hotel in Spokane this week to get a one-night stay out of the certificate as it would have otherwise expired.

Booked a standard King using the cert and received a standard King (a late-attempted SNA request wasn't accepted.) The app indicated that there were no higher-grade rooms available for sale at the time I checked in. My standard requests (high floor, away from elevator) were honored. Asked for a 4:00 pm late checkout (no issue.)

My standard King had a Keurig coffee machine in the room. Powdered creamer continues to be provided.

Took the 1,000 points for the platinum welcome gift and the 750 points in lieu of the breakfast credit. Didn't inquire as to whether the dollar amount had changed for the breakfast credit.

I had a zero dollar folio upon checkout the next day. Didn't need to ask to have the destination amenity fee waived as they had automatically not charged it. The room night credit and the appropriate amount of points posted promptly (shockingly quick compared to stays at other properties.)
Old Dec 9, 2021, 1:51 pm

KSL Capital Partners to Purchase Davenport Collection Hotels

The current owners (a husband and wife) of the Davenport Hotel collection in Spokane are selling their five hotel properties (four of which are affiliated with Marriott as Autograph Collection hotels) to Colorado-based KSL Capital Partners.

https://www.spokesman.com/stories/20...-partners-buy/

I'm expecting that the new owners will not likely change the Autograph Collection affiliation of any of the four currently affiliated hotels (Historic Davenport Hotel, Davenport Tower, Davenport Grand Hotel, Davenport Lusso).

The longstanding local management team will be working with Davidson Hospitality Group, which will manage the hotels for KSL Capital Partners.

Last edited by dgreen12; Dec 9, 2021 at 1:58 pm
Old Jul 5, 2022, 2:05 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium & Lifetime Platinum, United Platinum, Delta Silver
Any recent opinions on Davenport Grand vs. Davenport Tower vs. Davenport Lusso? First time in Spokane -- planning 5 days in August to visit the city, see the waterfall, take day trips for hiking / outdoor activities, and visit breweries / wineries. Thank you for any advice!
Old Jul 5, 2022, 3:56 pm

Originally Posted by DCFlyer0306
Any recent opinions on Davenport Grand vs. Davenport Tower vs. Davenport Lusso?
I live in Spokane and have stayed at both the Grand and the Tower (but not the Lusso). The Grand is about a half mile from my office building and is directly across from the Convention Center adjacent to Riverfront Park (the downtown park that has the big waterfalls).

My preference is the Grand personally from a hotel room perspective. The Tower and the Grand were built the same way by the original owner (modular construction). The Lusso is an older building (not recent construction).

I also think as a local it's a bit easier to get in/out of the Grand (it has a connected self-parking option) and easier access to freeways and major arterials.

The other two hotels have self-parking as well, but it may be a common garage across the street from the Tower/Historic Davenport (and it's certainly not at the Lusso, which has no connected parking garage). I believe that the Tower's connected garage is valet only.

Plenty of breweries and wineries in greater Spokane. And if you're really into wine, you should do a day trip to Walla Walla, Washington. Also worthwhile? Checking out Green Bluff Growers north of Spokane (fruit farms where you can "pick your own").

Head over to Visit Spokane's website before your visit to help plan out your activities.
DaveH, DCFlyer0306 and mediator like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.