FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Davenport Grand Hotel, Spokane WA [Master Thread]
Old Mar 21, 2018, 11:41 am
acarney

Just booked a stay here for 5/5 to 5/6 for $313 for a standard 2 king guest room (ouch >.<) It's for Cirque du Soleil so I can't really change the dates and of course it happens to also be Bloomsday run or whatever so the city is BOOKED... The Historic Davenport had a 2 bed room available for like $20 more and it was kinda a toss up between the Grand and the Historic, but it looks like ALL the roads around the Historic will be closed on Sunday (check out day) until like 2pm or so because of the race... soooooo, not exactly sure how that'll work. I certainly don't want to be told we have to move the car Saturday night to a public lot or something... Guess I'll just keep my reservation over at the Grand, but when I'm up to this price for a single night stay in Spokane I almost want to just go for the nicest Davenport property. (Apparently the Historic is a category higher then the Grand? Also, going to do their Sunday brunch over there away...)

I'm just a gold (via my Amex Plat) but was slightly curious about upgrade potential. Are any suites there 2 beds? I would be limited to needing two beds so not sure what kind of upgrade options I could have... on the flip side, if the hotel is overbooked because of the crazy busy weekend, maybe they'll bump golds into better rooms, assuming a lot of the runners don't have status and just are needing a stay close to the start of the race....