FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Davenport Grand Hotel, Spokane WA [Master Thread]
Old Mar 21, 2018, 1:19 pm
acarney

Originally Posted by ntamayo
Ironically, the "normal" upgrade to a Jr Suite only has 1 bed, so that won't work for you. The penthouse suites have a proper king and sofabed and are actually pretty good value. You are getting twice the space for just ~$100 upcharge. You might want to bite the bullet and go that route.

As Gold, the "destination fee" they charge will be waived, and you can ask for late checkout.
I was kinda thinking about just booking the penthouse but I wasn't sure how decent the sofabed would be, even just for one night... and also I was already pissed rates were over $300 for a standard room :P

I'm only a ~2.5 hour drive from Spokane so it feels crazy spending $300+ to stay the night, but I don't want to drive up and back in the same day (lazy) so I'm staying, I'll enjoy Cirque du Soleil more and dinner and the Davenport Historic brunch the next day...

Good to know about the destination fee! I saw a comment here about a Platinum member getting that fee waived but wasn't sure if a Gold would get the same treatment, that $10 for "internet and water bottle" or whatever is a joke for this location! Finally, when talking about the late checkout the benefits page says "This benefit is guaranteed at all hotels, except at resort and convention hotels, where it is based upon availability.", I assume since this has the $10 fee now it's considered a resort? I'll still request it, but just trying to figure out if it's considered guaranteed or not at this location, I certainly will make use of that if I'm able to get it! (Love walking around downtown before hitting the road etc)

Edit: Also, does this hotel have a lounge? If so, I assume I can't opt for extra points since breakfast is in the lounge? I'm already planning on Sunday having brunch over at the Historic Davenport, so breakfast perk at the Grand is useless :P Do they have snacks in the lounge later in the day/night? Does the lounge close at some point every day?

Last edited by acarney; Mar 21, 2018 at 1:24 pm