Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 13, 2018, 12:05 am

Originally Posted by outlawashere
Hey, thanks for sharing.

Could you pleaae elaborate on the little sun part?

if i want to sunbathe on the deck, would i be in the shade most of the day? Or would there still be plenty of sun?

thanks!
You'll get sun most of the day, just not at the pool but closer to the mesh hammocks. Plenty of sun! More than enough sun for us to tan (and burn)! If you want privacy and aren't planning to upgrade to sunset villa, this is a great spot.
Old Nov 14, 2018, 12:48 pm

I have a few questions I do not believe have been answered, but if I've missed them please feel free to direct me!
- Can someone comment on the smoking areas of the island? I see that it is a smoke-free property, but it is further limited to "public" areas. Smoke bothers me horribly so I'm trying to understand how much of the resort I'll need to avoid!

- I've seen several comments on bottomless prosecco breakfast, curious if that will apply to the breakfast given for platinum's, if not is there just an additional fee for beverages? Any other drinks included in that like bloody mary's?

I'm sure I'll have a million more questions as my dates get closer, thanks in advance!
Old Nov 14, 2018, 12:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Is there a cost, and time, efficient way to transfer between St Regis, W, Westin and Conrad? Maldives is far and will be nice to be able to visit more than one resorts.
Old Nov 14, 2018, 1:02 pm

Originally Posted by TerryK
Is there a cost, and time, efficient way to transfer between St Regis, W, Westin and Conrad? Maldives is far and will be nice to be able to visit more than one resorts.

last time I check fly resort to resort cost $10,000 USD
if u want change hotel, most likely fly back to MLE and then Fly to the new hotel...
EuropeanPete likes this.
Old Nov 14, 2018, 1:09 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
There’s no cost effective island hopping unless you turn up in your own superyacht. The only exception is some of the resorts close to Male, but they’re generally less interesting.
Old Nov 14, 2018, 3:31 pm

Anyone visiting next Sept? What'd the upgrade rates be like?
Old Nov 14, 2018, 8:11 pm

Programs: IHG Platinum, SPG Gold, HH Gold, Marriott Silver
Also upgraded

Originally Posted by Jerrremy
Flying over to the Maldives next week and upon checking my reservation, realised that I have been pre upgraded for free to the Beach Villa, from the base Garden Villa that I booked with points. As much as I appreciate the 2 category upgrade, I would have much preferred the Overwater Villa.
Thanks, This caused me to check on the website. I’ll be there in less than two weeks. Used points for OVW and GV, and saw the GV was upgraded to a BV.

Couple questions:

1) I’m a Plat Premier, so will the second room booked with my points also get free breakfast?

2) I understand the shallow coral is washed out, but how is snorkeling along the reef wall? We stayed at Park Hyatt Maldives four years ago and loved snorkeling along the outer reef each morning and saw turtles, sharks and plenty of fish. The last day a pod of dolphins even came up to us. Hoping the deeper waters are still lively at St Regis.

Thanks in advance for the answers!
Old Nov 14, 2018, 8:16 pm

Originally Posted by x84227

Thanks, This caused me to check on the website. I’ll be there in less than two weeks. Used points for OVW and GV, and saw the GV was upgraded to a BV.

Couple questions:

1) I’m a Plat Premier, so will the second room booked with my points also get free breakfast?

2) I understand the shallow coral is washed out, but how is snorkeling along the reef wall? We stayed at Park Hyatt Maldives four years ago and loved snorkeling along the outer reef each morning and saw turtles, sharks and plenty of fish. The last day a pod of dolphins even came up to us. Hoping the deeper waters are still lively at St Regis.

1: not sure about reef

2: breakfast only apply to your room plus 1 adult.

2nd room won’t have free breaky.... but email the resort first... if they say yes accidentally in email, u can show them that ^^
Old Nov 14, 2018, 10:40 pm

Programs: MR-Amb, Hyatt-Globalist, AA-EXP
Originally Posted by larciel
Anyone visiting next Sept? What'd the upgrade rates be like?
Check the cash rate differences for the dates you're looking at, and that seems to be what they quote for upgrades.
Old Nov 15, 2018, 1:34 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: SAS EBD, BA Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, Hertz PC, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by spgplat21
Check the cash rate differences for the dates you're looking at, and that seems to be what they quote for upgrades.
No, as per my post (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/30390624-post1698.html) upgrades are priced at "fixed rates based on the period of your stay". In my case more than double the cash rate difference.
Old Nov 15, 2018, 3:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat

Couple questions:

I went diving around the reef wall and it was decent but I don't think you will see much from being on surface.
Old Nov 15, 2018, 2:09 pm

Couple questions:

Please let us know all the details of your trip! I also have a OWV and GV booked and am a little concerned about the lack of snorkeling.
Old Nov 15, 2018, 3:48 pm

Plan on booking an awards stay for 6 nights and there is award availability at the St Regis and W. Any thoughts on which one I should choose? I have skimmed through this thread and I see more comparison with the Conrad and not the W. Any input would be appreciated.
Old Nov 16, 2018, 8:23 am

For those that have been...how necessary is it to secure restaurant and/or spa reservations in advance? Also, how far in advance?

I have already booked the special wine dinner they do for my stay but that's it... if i don't book any other restaurants before getting there will I still be able to get in or will it be iffy?
Old Nov 16, 2018, 8:23 am

Originally Posted by ashap
I have a few questions I do not believe have been answered, but if I've missed them please feel free to direct me!
- Can someone comment on the smoking areas of the island? I see that it is a smoke-free property, but it is further limited to "public" areas. Smoke bothers me horribly so I'm trying to understand how much of the resort I'll need to avoid!

- I've seen several comments on bottomless prosecco breakfast, curious if that will apply to the breakfast given for platinum's, if not is there just an additional fee for beverages? Any other drinks included in that like bloody mary's?

I'm sure I'll have a million more questions as my dates get closer, thanks in advance!

bumping to see if anyone has any insight!! Thanks

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.