Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 6, 2018, 3:49 pm

Originally Posted by spgplat21
No but you can go in online and view it, and then ask to send you one.
Mine isn't showing on desktop site...
Old Sep 6, 2018, 3:51 pm

Programs: Marriott Rewards
I'm guessing this is a stupid question

Two simple questions, Sunset OWV OR St. Regis Suite? Preferred room number for whichever you suggest??

Thank you!

Old Sep 6, 2018, 5:32 pm

Hi,

would appreciate a heads up if anyone is cancelling their last week of march cash reservation!

Thanks!!
Old Sep 6, 2018, 5:40 pm

I just booked 5 nights GV for 240k points on the Marriott app. Once I confirmed the reservation, the confirmation page showed the total as 240k points + $6000... I took a screenshot of the page, points came from my account, but reservation didn't show in SPG or Marriott app. Called the SPG platinum line and the agent confirmed the reservation for the 240k points and showed a $0 amount, so it looks like the money is a glitch. Only other fees she could see was the seaplane transfer and $300/night for an additional person past 2. I'm going to call back in a week or two to double check, but looks like we are going!! Now just have to hope for clear weather!!
flockavelliFT likes this.
Old Sep 6, 2018, 5:41 pm

Originally Posted by tylerc
No confirmation email either, traveling so can't pull out my laptop right now, but agents should be able to confirm for you.
Old Sep 6, 2018, 9:54 pm

I am trying to make booking using points but unable to do so at this time.
Using Marriott or SPG apps, when I click to book it takes me to the starwood website and it says page not found. Also, the cancellation terms on the app shows non refundable.
Using the desktop version when I click on the points shown, then on the next page the option to use points vanishes, like it was happening in the very beginning.

Have they changed something again?
Old Sep 6, 2018, 10:26 pm

Programs: JL JGP (OWE), NH SFC (*G), Mariott Titanium
Booked through the SPG app an hour ago for 5 nights. The confirmation page shows the total as 240k points and no other charges (excluding the seaplane cost I suppose). Cancellation is one month and then two weeks as other folks mentioned earlier.
Old Sep 6, 2018, 10:36 pm

July weather

anyone know how bad is the weather late July and early August ?
Old Sep 6, 2018, 10:50 pm

Originally Posted by kerufin
Booked through the SPG app an hour ago for 5 nights. The confirmation page shows the total as 240k points and no other charges (excluding the seaplane cost I suppose). Cancellation is one month and then two weeks as other folks mentioned earlier.
Did you login using the old Marriott Rewards account number or the newly given number?
Old Sep 6, 2018, 11:05 pm

Programs: SPG 100 Ambassador, LH M&M Senator, Skywards Silver
I have cancelled a garden villa booking for February 30 minutes ago, I keep refreshing every minute but seems like it did not come back to inventory I'll keep trying but seems like they were oversold for that period.
Old Sep 7, 2018, 12:31 am

Programs: JL JGP (OWE), NH SFC (*G), Mariott Titanium
Originally Posted by vikasr
Did you login using the old Marriott Rewards account number or the newly given number?
My Marriott rewards number if it matters.
Old Sep 7, 2018, 12:55 am

Originally Posted by kerufin

My Marriott rewards number if it matters.
OK. It seems the app wants to take me to the website to book because I do not have points available in the account from which I have logged in. The same is happening when I am trying to book another legacy SPG property for 2 or 3 nights when the points required is more than the points available in my account. However, when I try for 1 night at the same property and points required is available, the booking goes through in the app.

however, all bookings for SPG properties are showing as non refundable, which may change as mentioned in other posts here after booking is made.
Old Sep 7, 2018, 2:10 am

Originally Posted by tylerc
Are you able to see your booking on the app or website? Whats the cancellation terms showing after booking?
Old Sep 7, 2018, 2:11 am

Originally Posted by porkie
I have cancelled a garden villa booking for February 30 minutes ago, I keep refreshing every minute but seems like it did not come back to inventory I'll keep trying but seems like they were oversold for that period.
Same thing for me in March
Old Sep 7, 2018, 2:11 am
CL9

Programs: MR Platinum, QRPC Platinum
Originally Posted by guy_listening
Was just able to make a confirmed Garden Villa booking - 5 nights for 240,000 points via the SPG app! Have been trying for weeks and it finally went through! Looks as if there is points availability for many dates in 2019 at that rate!

Note: I had the reservation booked as a cash reservation and then successfully cancelled it online, waited a few minutes and the Garden Villa reappeared in inventory at which time I was able to book with points.
Thank you for sharing your experience! Yesterday I was talking with hotline, they still could not book my stay with points.

And now, today I could do it by my own with the SPG app :-)

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you !!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.