FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-marriott-bonvoy-766/)
-   -   St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort [Master Thread] (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-marriott-bonvoy/1683445-st-regis-maldives-vommuli-resort-master-thread.html)

mmadness Nov 26, 2023 3:31 am

Have an upcoming stay in December. Was just charged $808 USD per person for the seaplane. Does that sound about right for anyone who recently stayed? If so then the price has gone up from $745 per person.

Also, the spa offered a 3-Day Ayurvedic Detox Cleanse. Has anyone done this and was it worth it?

ps9a Nov 26, 2023 9:21 am

Originally Posted by mmadness (Post 35772742)
Have an upcoming stay in December. Was just charged $808 USD per person for the seaplane. Does that sound about right for anyone who recently stayed?

Just left Vommuli today. $808/adult, $480/kid for us.

Sunman123 Nov 27, 2023 2:05 pm

Can anyone currently staying take a picture of the mattress tag? Curious as to what kind of mattress they're using since I've been on the hunt ever since my stay. I know I can purchase from the StR store but wanted to see if there was a specific model / make from the tag itself. Thanks!

JETDRIVER Dec 4, 2023 3:45 am

Originally Posted by Sunman123 (Post 35776335)
Can anyone currently staying take a picture of the mattress tag? Curious as to what kind of mattress they're using since I've been on the hunt ever since my stay. I know I can purchase from the StR store but wanted to see if there was a specific model / make from the tag itself. Thanks!

I am here at the resort and just checked.

Left side shows a tag that It’s a “Simmons beauty rest made for St Regis”.

End of the bed has a Starwood resorts tag.

The other side has Simmons tag with a 2016 manufacture date.

No other identifying features.

I think if you get a high end Simmons beauty rest mattress it will be the same. At least I’m hoping it will be because it’s the first thing I’m doing when I get home.

Sunman123 Dec 4, 2023 7:40 am

Originally Posted by JETDRIVER (Post 35793941)
I am here at the resort and just checked.

Left side shows a tag that It’s a “Simmons beauty rest made for St Regis”.

End of the bed has a Starwood resorts tag.

The other side has Simmons tag with a 2016 manufacture date.

No other identifying features.

I think if you get a high end Simmons beauty rest mattress it will be the same. At least I’m hoping it will be because it’s the first thing I’m doing when I get home.

you're the man, thanks so much! We felt the same way after returning. Enjoy the rest of your trip!

JETDRIVER Dec 4, 2023 9:59 pm

I found a very similar mattress type from the brick in canada. I’m based in canada so I ordered it. Was on sale for CDN 1500 approx. I will report back when I get home next week and let you know how it is.

For anyone else contemplating coming to this resort, it’s a no brainer. This is “next level” quality of service and food, I am so impressed by this place and all the staff that I had to say something here.

LadyEm Dec 5, 2023 11:30 am

Very Unexpected Upgrade!

My husband and I just got back from a week long stay at the St. Regis celebrating the 15th anniversary of when we first met. This was our first time staying at the property and our first trip to the Maldives. I got a lot of useful info from this forum in the months leading up to our trip, so I wanted to post about our trip as well :)

We received a VERY unexpected upgrade in our villa, and I wanted to share in the off chance it might be useful to someone else. I’m a Marriott Gold member through Amex, although I have regularly stayed at Marriott properties for years (not enough to even have status on my own however. Strictly a leisure traveler). We paid for the base level, lagoon view overwater villa with a combination of points and cash. About a month out I booked dinner reservations for every night we were there, including a one night private dining experience. I also booked two very basic excursions (group parasailing and a group snorkel trip). I paid deposits for a couple of the restaurants and the private dining in advance as well.

Two days before we arrived I received an email from St. Regis saying that they had given us a complimentary upgrade for the first 3 nights from the lagoon view overwater villa to the 2 bedroom sunset overwater villa, and for the next 4 nights to the 1 bedroom Overwater St. Regis Suite. I was SHOCKED, because I had never even asked for an upgrade at a discount, figuring that my lack of status/history with the hotel made it a lost cause (it also looked like the hotel was fully booked).

Anyway, as you can imagine, our trip was beyond amazing. It was just my husband and myself so we didn’t really get full use out of the two bedroom villa, but it was stunning, and we loved being able to snorkel off our decks in two different areas of the island. The interior and exterior layout was different in each, and I would say equally as beautiful. We’re already planning a return trip for our next big anniversary. I don’t think there’s any way we’ll get the same luck twice (and I’m totally bamboozled as to why it happened in the first place), but I wanted to share that fabulous, random upgrades do happen!

friedablass Dec 5, 2023 6:45 pm

Welcome to FT LadyEm !

Glad to hear that you had a great time at STR and were given upgrades during your stay - personally I like the STR suite better than the 2 bedroom villas.

Perhaps because you booked an OWV vs a Garden Villa which is the base room they were more inclined to further upgrade you, but we don't really know the rhyme or reason behind it and not that it really matters as long as you enjoyed :).

JETDRIVER Dec 10, 2023 6:58 pm

Originally Posted by Sunman123 (Post 35794441)
you're the man, thanks so much! We felt the same way after returning. Enjoy the rest of your trip!

While I was away I ordered this

Beautyrest Black Hotel III Euro Pillowtop King Mattress

I am home now and it is exactly the same comfort level as the mattress I was sleeping on at the St Regis.

Sunman123 Dec 14, 2023 3:18 pm

Thanks for the recommendation, glad to hear it!

PinaColada Dec 22, 2023 10:13 am

A one month later update...

Originally Posted by friedablass (Post 35745667)
I would for sure ask for at least a full night of compensation after such a disruption.

Does your wife seriously rather want to stay in a garden villa with zero view of the ocean, when on a trip to the Maldives? I know changing rooms is a hassle but the view of the ocean (plus the easy access to it) especially on the sunset side, is to me, priceless and worth changing rooms for any time.

They had fixed the original room the next day and by the time we came back from activities/dinner it was working again. So went back to the original room.

Originally Posted by RZR (Post 35747191)
Just ask for the night to be comped and move on.
Chit happens, nothing you can do about it.
Keep thinking about it and it will ruin the rest of your journey.
Just move on ! [ they didn;t intentionally blow up the aircondioning unit ]
Get over it [ I mean that in a good way ]

Agree with the sentiment of this message! Even with this issue, I love to keep a positive outlook and still had an amazing and fun trip!

Originally Posted by kb1992 (Post 35762626)
Any update on this?

Did you receive any compensation?

Some further messiness occurred the next day in order to get to our activities in the morning that I had already reserved. I won't bore you with the details. Regardless the next day I did speak with the assistant manager. I just asked him what he thought was fair compensation, which he offered a refund of the night, which I accepted (thanks to all of your advice). A little over two weeks after I checked-out, I received the one night point deposit back into my Marriott account.

I appreciate those who responded who advice, in the end what you all suggested was what happened.

For those who have an upcoming stay at this property, wishing you a wonderful time!

BeantownT Dec 30, 2023 2:49 am

Aloha all
long time viewer. All your inputs are super valuable as we plan our next 'award' travel most likely at the STR Vommuli in Feb 2024. Currently, the bonvoy app is showing 778K points for 7 nights Feb 3-10 2024. Some of you posted 80K or 100K a night for the base GV? Are points geo locked or is this normal for Feb? Appreciate your help

friedablass Dec 30, 2023 8:18 pm

Originally Posted by BeantownT (Post 35860642)
Aloha all
long time viewer. All your inputs are super valuable as we plan our next 'award' travel most likely at the STR Vommuli in Feb 2024. Currently, the bonvoy app is showing 778K points for 7 nights Feb 3-10 2024. Some of you posted 80K or 100K a night for the base GV? Are points geo locked or is this normal for Feb? Appreciate your help

80k or 100k rates are long gone since Marriott went dynamic. Whatever they are showing you now is what it is and it can fluctuate daily.

ETA: You can still get some days at 100k or even less if you look at the calendar view, but not during peak season which February is.

Happy Traveling Consultant Dec 30, 2023 8:43 pm

Originally Posted by BeantownT (Post 35860642)
Aloha all

You are waaaaaaay too late for February.

Pretty easy to find for next November, seeing 418k for 5 nights.

friedablass Dec 30, 2023 8:53 pm

Originally Posted by Happy Traveling Consultant (Post 35862649)
You are waaaaaaay too late for February.

Pretty easy to find for next November, seeing 418k for 5 nights.

Why are they way too late for February? Firstly, if they're is availability showing then they can book it now. This is not the WA where standard availability gets snapped up almost a year in advance. Marriott only has dynamic pricing anyway so you can book anytime and if it goes down revise your booking and get points back.

Secondly, you are not comparing apples to apples. November is by far not peak season. February is right in the middle of it. Usually mid to end of December from around the holidays until early April is peak.

Last but not least, OP was looking at 7 days, not just 5 (again not comparing apples to apples), so even the week with the lowest rates next November will cost you 620k. But either way if they're looking for February, even next year February is not going to be the same rates as next year November, not happening.