FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-marriott-bonvoy-766/)
-   -   St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort [Master Thread] (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-marriott-bonvoy/1683445-st-regis-maldives-vommuli-resort-master-thread.html)

sandiegofun Mar 15, 2024 6:16 pm

Originally Posted by stylnator (Post 36082760)
Is there an “optimal” time to book an award stay such as 8, 10, 12 months in advance for this resort? Or should the reservation just be made when the calendar opens? Looking to reserve a 7 night stay in late February/March 2025. Preferably OWV.

We booked about 6 months in advance and I didn't really see the rate or availability change much for a couple months after we booked.

CPH-Flyer Mar 15, 2024 7:01 pm

Originally Posted by njdealguy (Post 36082948)
Hi contemplating a stay here using my 4 Bonvoy Brilliant 85k certificates where 2 are in my account and 2 are in my wife's. Since would be two separate bookings looks like online it forces the payment for the transfers on both bookings, anyone know if will be possible to have the fee waived from one of the bookings?

Secondly I can see from earlier postings that for the two of us plus a 6 year old child, the child should not be charged for breakfast as platinum members but also trying to see if this "extra person" fee for the child would be charged on points/certificate bookings.

They will only charge you for the actual flying, so once you let them know your arrival time and that you are staying with two bookings they will fix that to be charged once.

jsimon926 Apr 2, 2024 7:21 pm

Anyone have attire recommendations so I don't stick out like a sore thumb? Linen/khaki pants/shorts + polo + boat shoes good enough for all of the restaurants?

Happy Traveling Consultant Apr 2, 2024 8:21 pm

Originally Posted by jsimon926 (Post 36130894)
Anyone have attire recommendations so I don't stick out like a sore thumb? Linen/khaki pants/shorts + polo + boat shoes good enough for all of the restaurants?

You'll be more than fine with that. It is really pretty casual at all of the restaurants.

joeypore Apr 7, 2024 8:19 pm

Does anyone have any experience with using Nightly Upgrade Awards this year?

Booked in a GV, but applied 8x NUAs to the reservation, checked all boxes, for the BV, OWV, Suite, and 2BRs.

Figured if they work, it's a great deal, since it seems cash upgrades are the norm here.

Dcislander Apr 8, 2024 6:25 am

Originally Posted by joeypore (Post 36143466)

Booked in a GV, but applied 8x NUAs to the reservation, checked all boxes, for the BV, OWV, Suite, and 2BRs.

Figured if they work, it's a great deal, since it seems cash upgrades are the norm here.

Was wondering same. When is your reservation for? I was offered a cash upgrade but see that I can try to apply NUAs (vs the St Regis Al Wadi which will not allow NUAs) but would much rather apply the awards if anyone has had success.

jsimon926 Apr 8, 2024 1:41 pm

Does the private dining menu come with all options or do you select from the choices?

sandiegofun Apr 8, 2024 2:15 pm

Originally Posted by joeypore (Post 36143466)

We didn't use any NUA's, but I will say that I would not want to travel all the way to the resort to stay in a GV. I'm sure the service is great (as it is with entire resort), but you are missing out on a ton with a GV upgrade roulette.

joeypore Apr 8, 2024 3:28 pm

Originally Posted by sandiegofun (Post 36145618)
We didn't use any NUA's, but I will say that I would not want to travel all the way to the resort to stay in a GV. I'm sure the service is great (as it is with entire resort), but you are missing out on a ton with a GV upgrade roulette.

For sure, hence why I applied the 8 NUAs as soon as I saw that you could. A bit annoying that the confirmation window is now only 3 days out, but early rumblings seem to be that they’re working a bit better than SNAs used to. Granted, no data points at Maldives properties since they never applied here previously.

Honestly not even sure why resorts like this make accommodations like garden villas… but that’s where the best points deal always is… Hopefully will be enough of shoulder season now for some good favor here.

I personally love beach and OW villas just as much, both unique in their own way, so I’m fine with whatever I get above a GV :) (manifesting that it will work out)

sunsetlover Apr 10, 2024 9:50 pm

Have an upcoming trip to the St Regis Maldives and I'm traveling to Europe/ Dubai 2 weeks before the Maldives. So suitcases are heavy and full. If anyone can share your experience with the sea plane and weight restrictions I would appreciate It.

sandiegofun Apr 11, 2024 8:10 am

Originally Posted by sunsetlover (Post 36151469)
Have an upcoming trip to the St Regis Maldives and I'm traveling to Europe/ Dubai 2 weeks before the Maldives. So suitcases are heavy and full. If anyone can share your experience with the sea plane and weight restrictions I would appreciate It.

Whether excess baggage makes it on the plane likely depends on how crowded your flights are. They don't pay much attention to the 3kg backpack limit, but they do weigh everything to make sure you are under the limit. Baggage limits are:Baggage allowance for seaplane is restricted to 30 kg including hand luggage per person age 2 years and above. (children below 02 years are not entitled for luggage allowance)

· Seaplane Service provider will charge excess baggage at US$5.80 per kg (subject to change by service provider)

· Transfer of excess baggage is subject to availability by the service provider and does not guarantee the excess baggage on the same flight as the passenger.

· Please be advised that the linear dimension of any of the luggage pieces must not exceed 158 centimeters. Hand luggage will be limited to one small bag of 3 kg (small handbag/smallest size backpack/laptop bag).

joeypore Apr 12, 2024 5:24 am

Originally Posted by sandiegofun (Post 36152336)
Whether excess baggage makes it on the plane likely depends on how crowded your flights are. They don't pay much attention to the 3kg backpack limit, but they do weigh everything to make sure you are under the limit. Baggage limits are:Baggage allowance for seaplane is restricted to 30 kg including hand luggage per person age 2 years and above. (children below 02 years are not entitled for luggage allowance)

· Seaplane Service provider will charge excess baggage at US$5.80 per kg (subject to change by service provider)

· Transfer of excess baggage is subject to availability by the service provider and does not guarantee the excess baggage on the same flight as the passenger.

· Please be advised that the linear dimension of any of the luggage pieces must not exceed 158 centimeters. Hand luggage will be limited to one small bag of 3 kg (small handbag/smallest size backpack/laptop bag).

TMA is very strict. They will absolutely weight every bag and charge you accordingly. That said, last time I went they were flexible about the allowance per person being transferable (So 60kg for 2 of us)

You really don’t need that much for the Maldives. I way overpacked the first few times. The next time I’m literally doing carry on and a backpack for 2 weeks :D

jordona09 Apr 12, 2024 11:19 am

Favorite Restaurants

Hi all - My wife and I will be celebrating our honeymoon in a couple weeks and was hoping to get people's thoughts on the restaurants. From what I've gathered, Orientale and Alba are 2 of the favorite, while Cargo and Whalebar are ok, and Tpan was overpriced. I understand that tastes can be subjective, but I'd like to get a decent idea of people's opinions.

Secondly, can we bring our own water to the restaurants? IE, if we have reusable water bottles, could we fill those up in our room/breakfast and bring it to dinner?

Lastly - As far as all the charges go, does everything get charged back to the room and coded as travel or would some things be coded as dining? We just want to make sure we use the right cards to maximize points. Thanks!!

sandiegofun Apr 12, 2024 6:06 pm

Originally Posted by jordona09 (Post 36155367)
Hi all - My wife and I will be celebrating our honeymoon in a couple weeks and was hoping to get people's thoughts on the restaurants. From what I've gathered, Orientale and Alba are 2 of the favorite, while Cargo and Whalebar are ok, and Tpan was overpriced. I understand that tastes can be subjective, but I'd like to get a decent idea of people's opinions.

Secondly, can we bring our own water to the restaurants? IE, if we have reusable water bottles, could we fill those up in our room/breakfast and bring it to dinner?

Lastly - As far as all the charges go, does everything get charged back to the room and coded as travel or would some things be coded as dining? We just want to make sure we use the right cards to maximize points. Thanks!!

Alba is pretty good and has a great choice of selection. Orientale is great, and we really enjoyed TPan (it is expensive but very nice). Didn't eat at Cargo, and Whalebar is fine, but I think sunset there is the best way to spend time there.

Drinks are included in breakfast, so no need to worry about drinks there. We didn't try to bring water to dinner, but I don't think that it will be an issue at Alba, although it might be frowned on at Tpan.

I don't recall how things were coded, but I believe it was dining.

nexusCFX Apr 13, 2024 2:11 am

Originally Posted by jordona09 (Post 36155367)

People consider Alba a favorite? Worst carbonara I've ever had in my entire life. I would rather eat a microwaved frozen alfredo pasta. It was completely inedible. Made that mistake once and never returned besides breakfast.

Originally Posted by sandiegofun (Post 36156285)
I don't recall how things were coded, but I believe it was dining.

It's not going to code as dining, everything is on your resort bill.