FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-marriott-bonvoy-766/)
-   -   St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort [Master Thread] (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-marriott-bonvoy/1683445-st-regis-maldives-vommuli-resort-master-thread.html)

paratrooper979 May 26, 2023 3:10 am

Originally Posted by LovetoTravel83 (Post 35279720)
Will be tight as one would be required to sleep on the sofa. Had it been a child, I think it would be fine. Not sure as an adult. But yes, you can get 3 ppl in their villas.

I don't think there will be any issues if they're not in the booking. Just make sure you let them know via email that a 3rd person would be joining as they need to have an extra seat on the seaplane.

Thanks! I can sleep on the sofa I guess. Just wanna to let my parents enjoy Maldives when I still have Marriott Titanium status

CPH-Flyer May 26, 2023 4:11 am

Originally Posted by paratrooper979 (Post 35279764)
Thanks! I can sleep on the sofa I guess. Just wanna to let my parents enjoy Maldives when I still have Marriott Titanium status

Just remember that the titanium breakfast benefit is only for two, so you may have to pay for the third guest.

444taylor444 Jun 3, 2023 11:29 pm

BELOW CURRENT HALF BOARD OPTION:

Dear Mr.

Half board options are as below:

· Breakfast charges will apply as USD 65 per adult (12 years and above) per day and USD 35 per child (2-11 years) per day, subjected to 27.6% taxes and service charge.

· Dinner charges will apply as USD 90 per adult (12 years and above) per day and USD 45 per child (2-11 years) per day, subjected to 27.6% taxes and service charge.

Applicable at:

· Breakfast is served as a semi buffet, semi a la carte scrumptious affair at Alba restaurant from 07:00 am to 10:30 am daily.

· Dinner only available at ALBA is with a three course set menu exclusive of all beverages (starter, main course and dessert) and is exclusive of beverages.

· When not dining at ALBA, a Food Credit of USD 90.00 per adult per night subject to taxes and service charge is applicable at Cargo and Orientale only.

Children (2-11 years):

· Children will be extended a three course meal from the Children’s Menu at all restaurants except Whale Bar, In-Villa Dining and Private Dining

Terms and Conditions:

· Half Board Breakfast or Dinner cannot not be exchange with the option for lunch.

· Half Board Dinner Food Credit is not applicable for ALBA, Decanter, In Villa Dining, Private Dining and Whale Bar & Grill.

· Half Board Dinner Food Credit can be used during the stay for lunch or dinner at T. Pan (credit amount cannot be split between lunch and dinner). If the credit is used for lunch, dinner will be fully charged irrespective of the restaurant dined. T. Pan welcomes children for lunch and is adults only for dinner.

· This option has to be selected prior to your arrival at the resort or before check-in.

· This option has to be selected for the entire duration of the stay for all guests sharing the same villa, and is not applicable during festive season (20th December - 09th January.

· Dinner Credit is not cumulative and cannot be transferred to another guest.

· Unused Dinner Credit cannot be brought forward to another day or exchanged for cash value.

My concern with half board is the limitation (at Alba only set menu, otherwise Cargo and Orientale), the kids menu at Cargo and Orientale also seem uninspiring and the set prepaid kids dinner at $45 seems a lot compared with what can be ordered off the kids menu.

I am trying to decide between the half board or getting the $350 credit for $300. Would love to hear advice from everyone. Can anyone advice regarding lunch menu at T Pan for adults and kids?

Many thanks!

doantien87 Jun 4, 2023 12:42 am

Originally Posted by 444taylor444 (Post 35302063)
BELOW CURRENT HALF BOARD OPTION:

Dear Mr.

Half board options are as below:

· Breakfast charges will apply as USD 65 per adult (12 years and above) per day and USD 35 per child (2-11 years) per day, subjected to 27.6% taxes and service charge.

· Dinner charges will apply as USD 90 per adult (12 years and above) per day and USD 45 per child (2-11 years) per day, subjected to 27.6% taxes and service charge.

Applicable at:

· Breakfast is served as a semi buffet, semi a la carte scrumptious affair at Alba restaurant from 07:00 am to 10:30 am daily.

· Dinner only available at ALBA is with a three course set menu exclusive of all beverages (starter, main course and dessert) and is exclusive of beverages.

· When not dining at ALBA, a Food Credit of USD 90.00 per adult per night subject to taxes and service charge is applicable at Cargo and Orientale only.

Children (2-11 years):

· Children will be extended a three course meal from the Children’s Menu at all restaurants except Whale Bar, In-Villa Dining and Private Dining

Terms and Conditions:

· Half Board Breakfast or Dinner cannot not be exchange with the option for lunch.

· Half Board Dinner Food Credit is not applicable for ALBA, Decanter, In Villa Dining, Private Dining and Whale Bar & Grill.

· Half Board Dinner Food Credit can be used during the stay for lunch or dinner at T. Pan (credit amount cannot be split between lunch and dinner). If the credit is used for lunch, dinner will be fully charged irrespective of the restaurant dined. T. Pan welcomes children for lunch and is adults only for dinner.

· This option has to be selected prior to your arrival at the resort or before check-in.

· This option has to be selected for the entire duration of the stay for all guests sharing the same villa, and is not applicable during festive season (20th December - 09th January.

· Dinner Credit is not cumulative and cannot be transferred to another guest.

· Unused Dinner Credit cannot be brought forward to another day or exchanged for cash value.

My concern with half board is the limitation (at Alba only set menu, otherwise Cargo and Orientale), the kids menu at Cargo and Orientale also seem uninspiring and the set prepaid kids dinner at $45 seems a lot compared with what can be ordered off the kids menu.

I am trying to decide between the half board or getting the $350 credit for $300. Would love to hear advice from everyone. Can anyone advice regarding lunch menu at T Pan for adults and kids?

Many thanks!

Too complicated :rolleyes: If you already have breakfast for complimentary, go for the $300 for $350.

wombat6 Jun 10, 2023 1:16 am

March 2024 Trip

Hi All,

I have a 5 night stay booked in March 2024 in the Sunset overwater 2 bedroom villa. I believe those are room numbers 207-212 can anyone confirm that? As well as is there a specific room number we should ask for in within those rooms?

TBRIC Jun 10, 2023 2:45 pm

Originally Posted by wombat6 (Post 35319486)
Hi All,

I have a 5 night stay booked in March 2024 in the Sunset overwater 2 bedroom villa. I believe those are room numbers 207-212 can anyone confirm that? As well as is there a specific room number we should ask for in within those rooms?

207-212 is correct. We were there last year in, I believe 210. Don’t recall there being any great differences among them. The benefit is you are in close walking proximity to Alba, Crust and the Whale Bar. Made a huge difference to us as we are older. These are essentially two separate one bedroom villas stacked, with an outside stairway. Great if there are two families, or a family with older children.

MePlatPremier Jun 11, 2023 7:16 am

Late departures

Can anyone advise if this hotel is able to provide, with no additional, late departures after the seaplane cut-off hours?

For evening flights in MLE the Westin provides the alternative of a speedboat transfer to the nearest airport to catch a domestic commercial flight back to MLE.

This is extremely convenient if one has a 10pm departure from MLE.

Also, for all the knowlledgeable out there: is this property that much better than the Westin? I have a USD 250.00(+tax and fees)/day BRG rate at the Westin. Is the St Regis really worth throwing that away and spend north of 400k points to stay there?

nexusCFX Jun 11, 2023 12:10 pm

Originally Posted by MePlatPremier (Post 35322303)
Can anyone advise if this hotel is able to provide, with no additional, late departures after the seaplane cut-off hours?

For evening flights in MLE the Westin provides the alternative of a speedboat transfer to the nearest airport to catch a domestic commercial flight back to MLE.

This is extremely convenient if one has a 10pm departure from MLE.

Also, for all the knowlledgeable out there: is this property that much better than the Westin? I have a USD 250.00(+tax and fees)/day BRG rate at the Westin. Is the St Regis really worth throwing that away and spend north of 400k points to stay there?

Is that rate at Westin for a beach villa?

MePlatPremier Jun 11, 2023 1:13 pm

Originally Posted by nexusCFX (Post 35323113)
Is that rate at Westin for a beach villa?

yep, a beach villa

genx Jun 11, 2023 9:25 pm

We were suppose to go to St Regis last summer but they closed down. We are going in a couple weeks.

Last year when I was going through the thread there were aot of comments around bottled water and people bring water from there room to restaurants. Is this still something people do?

Thank you,
G

jvermette Jun 11, 2023 10:27 pm

We have an upcoming stay in a couple weeks and trying to see what exactly falls under smart casual for the restaurant dress code. Would a nice leather sandal, a linen short and a collared shirt be okay for a male? Or are pants recommended. TIA

LovetoTravel83 Jun 11, 2023 11:36 pm

Originally Posted by jvermette (Post 35324234)
We have an upcoming stay in a couple weeks and trying to see what exactly falls under smart casual for the restaurant dress code. Would a nice leather sandal, a linen short and a collared shirt be okay for a male? Or are pants recommended. TIA

Shorts and collared shirt are fine. You're in the Maldives. I generally don't wear any slippers over there.

N515CR Jun 12, 2023 6:45 am

Originally Posted by jvermette (Post 35324234)

That's basically what I wore to every dinner except for Decanter, where I wore linen trousers.

donzaur Jun 12, 2023 1:06 pm

Recently completed a week long stay at the property and thoroughly enjoyed it. The following is the master landing page for the resort which includes all links to dining menus, spa, watersports, etc. along with pricing: link. May be helpful to add to the wiki. One caveat is that some of the menus are time-based, meaning if you want to see for example the Alba dinner menu you need to access the link when it is not breakfast or lunchtime at the resort.

As this thread has countless reviews and valuable comments, I will offer just a few points/highlights:
  • Booked via points + surcharge into an OWV, and was offered $200/nt in advance to upgrade into a SOWV. The resort was at about half occupancy during our stay.
  • Dining offer of $300 for $350 worth of credit still active and applied as a bulk credit at the final bill. They also have various other promotions such as discounts on buckets of beer which you can find through that master link above
  • The Vommuli Indian Ocean Night (beach BBQ) is a must if you are staying on a Tuesday. It is $195pp and one of the best meals we had with so many options and outsized value.
  • Managers reception on Thursday was a highlight - spoke with Vincent (GM) and several of the managers - they were all so friendly and loved to talk travel and trips instead of just asking how your stay was. Even received a few nice surprises following that night based on the conversations which showed they actually paid attention to guests and what they said! The free flow champagne and cocktails were great too.
  • We knew the weather in June would be hit or miss, but never trust the weather apps for this resort. On arrival day the forecast showed the entire week would be thunderstorms and 100% cloud cover - we ended up having 4 beautiful days of pure sunshine, 1 cloudy day, and only 1 day with a consistent rain
Happy to answer any specific questions that anyone has!

capwrmt Jun 13, 2023 3:52 pm

Hi, our trip is coming up in two weeks. Had a couple of questions:
1. What's your favorite restaurant / meal?
2. Is sunscreen provided?
3. Does the villa's have universal power adapters/plugs?