Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 29, 2018, 8:11 am

Programs: AA EXP, BA Bronze, TK Elite, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold, Fairmont Premiere, IHG Ambas
Originally Posted by iluvdoco
Thank YOU TopGunner! I'd like to clarify that they are all BV photos? The top caption said "306 GV".
Thanks, I fixed the title, it is 306 beach villa
Old Nov 29, 2018, 9:05 am

Originally Posted by TopGunner
Thanks, I fixed the title, it is 306 beach villa
Despite the BVs being north facing and in the shade, no issues with the pool staying heated? Were there any mosquitoes around the BV due to increased vegetation?
Old Nov 29, 2018, 10:56 am

Programs: Bonvoy Plat
Originally Posted by ocdb8r
However, the web based system would not let me actually book anything (plan was to book 5 individual nights and then call to have them convert).
Do you (or does anyone else) know if it is possible to book one day at a time with points as each day becomes available and then call once all 5 nights are booked to have the booking converted to a rate with the 5th night free? Alternatively, is it possible to book a non-prepaid cash rate GV and then have that converted to points w/ 5th night free?
Old Nov 29, 2018, 3:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by sydneyflyer12
Do you (or does anyone else) know if it is possible to book one day at a time with points as each day becomes available and then call once all 5 nights are booked to have the booking converted to a rate with the 5th night free?.......
I tried that and it didn't work. You, or the phone agent, need to cancel old bookings and wait for inventory to release before booking a new 5-night reservation. The inventory didn't get released right away, some were released hours later, some never did. You can contact property to combined your single night bookings but you cannot received fifth night free unless you book them together.
Old Nov 29, 2018, 3:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Anyone has email address of property? Marriott keeps email addresses of properties well hidden.
Old Nov 29, 2018, 3:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by TerryK
Anyone has email address of property? Marriott keeps email addresses of properties well hidden.
There is one in the wiki
Old Nov 29, 2018, 3:31 pm

Originally Posted by TerryK
I tried that and it didn't work. You, or the phone agent, need to cancel old bookings and wait for inventory to release before booking a new 5-night reservation. The inventory didn't get released right away, some were released hours later, some never did. You can contact property to combined your single night bookings but you cannot received fifth night free unless you book them together.
Interesting because I just spoke with an agent who claimed this was possible, although I've also previously spoken with an agent who said basically the same thing as you. Sounds like this is unfortunately the case.
Old Nov 30, 2018, 11:27 am

Trying to book a few days and I see one day is unavailable on the Marriott site points/purchase and other hotel booking sites for purchase. Is it possible all rooms are booked? Is it worthwhile to book the days that are available and wait for the other day to open up?

Thanks!
Old Nov 30, 2018, 11:53 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat Amb
Do you have any idea of the cash upgrade price on a garden villa to an overwater villa at the StR? I do have a three 60K night Ritz Carlton that will expire in April, but I didn't see any availability from March 3-10th. I was able to book the Conrad Maldives for 7 nights in an overwater villa at 95K Hilton pts per night. Do you know how the Conrad compares to the W and the StR?
Old Dec 1, 2018, 1:17 am

Can anyone think of any other current/upcoming aspirational hotels on points similar to this? My stay was so good here that I'm looking for anything comparable but can't think of much
Old Dec 1, 2018, 1:21 am

Originally Posted by rp88
Can anyone think of any other current/upcoming aspirational hotels on points similar to this? My stay was so good here that I'm looking for anything comparable but can't think of much
You can always check out the list of Cat 8 properties. Al Maha, StR Bora Bora, Gritti Palace in Venice all come to mind.
Old Dec 1, 2018, 7:32 am

Programs: SPG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, DL Platinum
I'm popping in for a 5 night stay in February 2019. I reached out to the hotel to inquire about upgrade prices (booked the GV on points a few weeks ago) and got the following:
  • OWV - $369.60 per night
  • Sunset OWV - $492.80 per night
  • Overwater St. Regis Suite - $739.20 per night
The prices don't seem too unreasonable, although I need to go back in here because I think I remember seeing some lower prices quoted. I do know these prices are variable and February is pretty peak time. The only disappointing thing is that I was told I would need to upgrade for the entire duration of my stay, which I don't remember being a thing previously?
Old Dec 2, 2018, 1:40 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat Amb
I don't know if you'll see this since it's been over a year since your post. However, I thought the best snorkeling (very colorful reef and plenty of fish) I've ever done was at the Gilli Islands off of Lombock many years ago. This was probably because there were so few people there-- no vehicles and only beach shacks. We went for the day from Lombock, but once I saw the reef, I wished we were staying longer. The reef was just a few feet from the beach. I think it was equal to the snorkeling at the Great Barrier Reef at Hayman Island. I don't know how the Gillis have fared with global warming that has been severely bleaching the Great Barrier Reef.
Old Dec 2, 2018, 1:47 am

I thought I was posting a reply to Pseudo Nim who had posted:
Originally Posted by Pseudo Nim
That's exactly it; I came in looking for amazing lagoon snorkeling, and most certainly didn't get that. If you take a boat out, it's better - we went on a nice ride out to the remote reefs, and it was more alive - but the pictures that you see of the Maldives, was not what we saw at all. So I dunno. I was, (still am, actually), searching for something that trumps Rarotonga and Aitutaki, and I've so far completely failed - Maldives was supposed to be *it*, but it ultimately wasn't. That said, I wouldn't generalise this to all hotels, of course - just the StR is relatively new, so I suspect the reef might grow back one day. If I understand correctly, the W might actually have a much more "alive" reef, it'd be worth checking.
Old Dec 2, 2018, 3:44 am

Programs: AA EXP, BA Bronze, TK Elite, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold, Fairmont Premiere, IHG Ambas
Originally Posted by iluvdoco
Despite the BVs being north facing and in the shade, no issues with the pool staying heated? Were there any mosquitoes around the BV due to increased vegetation?
We didn't find the pool cold, it wasn't always very warm but still comfortable. At certain points the tiles were quite warm after a nice heating from the sun. It won't be warm bath, but very doable, and our pool was partially shaded all day.

Mosquitoes were something else, after the first rain of our stay we were eaten alive sitting on the pool deck. We didn't end up using the deck much for the rest of the stay even after some heavy bag spray (not a fumigation). We would only be there if in the pool. No such concerns on the beach, and frankly with the privacy we had there the pool was of little interest.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.