Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Centre Toronto [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 6, 2016, 11:02 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: margarita girl
Hotel email: [email protected]
Print Wikipost

Sheraton Centre Toronto [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 6, 2009, 2:03 am

Programs: UA 1K, AC E, *G x2, BMI Silver, SPG Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, PC Platinum, Hilton Gold
Yes beverages are a charge, bottle of beer is $7 - $9 if I recall correctly... as for soft-drinks I don't think so as coffee etc is not, but then again, I am not much of a soft-drinker.

You can get a pretty good almost dinner up there, and the breakfast is filling too. Food alone can save you $30 - $40 especially if you are eating in the hotel restaurant!
Old Apr 6, 2009, 3:53 am
Suspended

Granted my stay was pre-refurbishment, unless they have changed their policy you have to order soft drinks from the bar (which I assumed was chargeable) and the only drink you can help yourself in the evening was ice-water. I tend to rate a lounge by the hot food offered, I remember only 1 (or at most 2) in the evenings and none for breakfast . And this was the lounge I was refering to (on the tipping thread) which virtually forced you to tip the attendants, and its the only lounge I have been to where I have to queue for coffee as if I was in a staff cafeteria.

Honestly I wouldnt pay for this lounge, while ambiance and view were nice the free food and drinks (of which nothing except water or perhaps coffee was free) was nothing to shout about. Save the tips and go for a proper hot breakfast at the mini-foodcourt in the basement, or get yourself some decent food in the malls nearby to enjoy in the room without someone handing you a tipping chit each time you sit down !
Old Apr 6, 2009, 10:50 am

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globlist, Hilton Silver, Amtrak Select Plus, UA Silver
The lounge at Hilton (across the street) is much better. No tipping expected and free soft drinks. The food was better also.
Old May 29, 2009, 1:47 pm

Programs: * A
any recent updates on this property? I have a stay coming up this summer but just want to make sure if I need to change my reservations or not
Old May 29, 2009, 5:21 pm

Programs: AC-E, SPG-Plat, GP-P, HH-G
I was at the hotel recently and upgraded to a jacuzzi suite. The hotel location is great and it is connected to the underground. I cannot recall the club lounge. I think you have to pay for alcohol. I much prefer the executive lounge at the Hilton where drinks were free.

Overall, it is a busy convention style hotel in a good location. The room I was in was well furnished and recently renovated(or at least in good shape).

I had a breakfast meeting at the restaurant so I cannot comment about breakfast in the club lounge.

I would recommend the hotel.
Old May 29, 2009, 7:33 pm

thanks jjbc for the update. I will try to report back after my stay next month.
Old May 30, 2009, 6:55 am
Moderator: Asiana & Qantas Frequent Flyer
Aman Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Lifetime SG, LH HON, OZ Lifetime Diamond +, HH Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
I stayed there last week. Rooms are okay. I didn't get a suite upgrade even so suits were available for sale still.
The club has a nice view. But thats about it. A very strange concept of having to order drinks and some food to go but only during limited hours. It just doesn't make much sense.
The breakfast in the main restaurant is average at best. It's a Sheraton after all.
Old May 30, 2009, 3:09 pm

This is a perfectly fine hotel.

I stayed there again last week. Although I must admit they pretty well screwed up everything I asked for, from the upgrade before check in, to the wake-up call before check out. Still, these things happen and the hotel followed up to my satisfaction.

I actually quite like this lounge. It's one of the reasons I stay at this property.

It's quite large and has wonderful views. Excellent service. The appetizers in the evening are among the best I have experierenced in North America. Breakfast is just fine. Of course you pay for hard drinks, just like pretty well every other Sheraton lounge. And no, you don't pay for soft drinks.

All in all one of the better category 3 properties imo.

Cheers,

Last edited by Flews; May 30, 2009 at 3:10 pm Reason: typo
Old May 30, 2009, 3:51 pm

Programs: AC LT E50K; AC*MM; SPG LT Gold
If you have the option, go to the Le Meridien King Edward. The Sheraton is fine and the Lounge is very impressive, although you do have to pay for drinks and I've never been upgraded to a suite. There's a very corporate feel to the place.

At the King Eddy, which is only a few blocks away, the service is excellent, Plats are routinely given suites (and Golds quite often), and the Lounge is very elegant with free beer and wine. The "negatives", if you can call them that, are: no view from the Lounge, and a smaller selection of evening food, although it's good for a pre-dinner snack. It has a much warmer feel to it.
Old May 30, 2009, 4:38 pm

thanks for the updates, I booked an excellent TZOO pre-paid rate at the property already. May be will try out the King Eddy on a future trip. The positive remarks are getting my hopes up I will be getting in late though, hopefully they'll have my suite pre-blocked
Old Jul 17, 2009, 9:05 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, AC E50, National Exec
I'm heading out here soon, do you know if kids are allowed into the lounge?

I've never stayed at a place with lounge access before so this is new to me. I'm not planning to hang out in the lounge all day but just wondering for breakfast purposes.
Old Jul 17, 2009, 10:40 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AC E, *G x2, BMI Silver, SPG Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, PC Platinum, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by tkyoshi
I'm heading out here soon, do you know if kids are allowed into the lounge?

I've never stayed at a place with lounge access before so this is new to me. I'm not planning to hang out in the lounge all day but just wondering for breakfast purposes.
Yes kids are allowed in the lounge... I have not found any Sheraton or Westin hotel that did not allow kids into the club lounge, but have seen notes at some hotels that only 2 people have free access, and additional people / kids are required to pay some exorbitant fee, but I myself have never been charged... YMMV.

Check out some pictures of the lounge and the views here...
Old Jul 18, 2009, 5:36 am

You need to sign in "guests" at this Sheraton, and there is a charge (although I think one guest is "free'), but I believe that is over and above registered guests and their immediate family staying at the property. Kids are certainly allowed at breakfast.

Cheers,
Old Jul 18, 2009, 7:27 am

Originally Posted by Flews
You need to sign in "guests" at this Sheraton, and there is a charge (although I think one guest is "free'), but I believe that is over and above registered guests and their immediate family staying at the property. Kids are certainly allowed at breakfast.

Cheers,
Kids are allowed both at breakfast and evening service. It's a nice place but the servers have a 'you have to tip' attitude w/o the adequate service. It's a nice property and don't forget to get the popcorn from the lobby for the kid(s).
Old Jul 18, 2009, 6:05 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, AC E50, National Exec
Originally Posted by Golden Toque
Yes kids are allowed in the lounge... I have not found any Sheraton or Westin hotel that did not allow kids into the club lounge, but have seen notes at some hotels that only 2 people have free access, and additional people / kids are required to pay some exorbitant fee, but I myself have never been charged... YMMV.

Check out some pictures of the lounge and the views here...
Thanks! That was very helpful, looking forward to my stay in August ^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.