Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Centre Toronto [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 6, 2016, 11:02 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: margarita girl
Hotel email: [email protected]
Print Wikipost

Sheraton Centre Toronto [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 26, 2002, 8:28 am

Programs: AA,HH Gold,SPG Plat,Natl Elite,Hertz Pres Cir
I've always received upgrades to suites at Le Centre Sheraton in Montreal.

Even when I booked for others they were all upgraded based on my Platinum membership.

Their location is the best placed in Montreal and I always enjoy my trips there. It's really the most different place in North America, and I totally enjoy it.
Old Nov 29, 2002, 7:03 pm

Tastiest vittles within walking distance of Sheraton Central in Toronto

Please advise who has the tastiest food downtown T.O. Strong preference given toward massive portions of fiery-exotic Asian food in relaxing atmosphere.

Thanks!
Old Nov 30, 2002, 2:19 pm

Your at Queen & Bay St's. Just walk (or take the street car) West on Queen to Spadina and you can't loose.

Also, Now Magazine has listings. This magazine has been around a very long time and is quite trusted.

www.nowtoronto.com/cgi-bin/food/foodlist.cgi

I used to live in the condo's beside Young Thailand on Gerrad St. under the Thai listing and the food was incredible. There appears to be another one on Queen St West which is close to your hotel. I was in University at the time and could still afford it no problem. So keep in mind you won't have to pay much to get a lot of great food for your money. Plus it's CDN $

Did you know that if you bring your skates you are across the street from City Hall and the outdoor skating rink? You can also rent skates there as well. For a true T.O. experience I recommend a skate at night on the rink followed by a hot dog from a cart. Mmmmmmm.

Best of Luck.

[This message has been edited by cattle (edited 11-30-2002).]
Old Dec 2, 2002, 7:45 pm

Programs: AC*E, Marriott Silver
A favorite of mine in the area (although I haven't been there in almost a year) is New Ho King (416 Spadina Ave - Spadina and College). Probably about a 25-30 minute walk from University and College - go west on Queen and then north on Spadina. It's on the west side of the street, a block south of College. Large portions, good food, cheap prices however the decor leaves something to be desired (think very well worn Miami vice). And you may want to refrain from using the facilities . Probably not the place to sample authentic east asian dishes however the dishes they prepare are well done. Dishes I can recommend would include the General Tsao Chicken, Moo Shoo Pork, Ginger Beef with Scallions and the Baby Bok Choy in garlic sauce. The Spring rolls are good work as well. Open late (probably 4-5am) on the weekends.

Enjoy!
Old Dec 3, 2002, 1:50 pm

Thanks! I am headed out to T.O. this weekend. I will explore your suggestions. I am a sucker for Greek food too...

I should probably just confess that I love food in general.....
Old Dec 3, 2002, 8:03 pm

It's not within walking distance, but the Danforth area (Greektown) is an easy subway ride from downtown in the east end. I think Pape station would be close to "the heart" of it. Hard to find a bad meal here, either.
Old Dec 11, 2002, 7:41 pm

I just thought I'd add my two cents to this thread. I just stayed at the Sheraton Toronto Centre for 3 days.

It's a very nice property, I recommend it highly. Front desk service was friendly and efficient. The room was freshly remodeled and had very nice furnishings. Great mattress. Great TV.

I had a view of the CN tower and the pool area. They have one of those indoor/outdoor pools, so you can swim outside in -10 degree weather if you wish.

The bistro on the second floor has a nice breakfast buffet for $18CDN.

The hotel is somewhat of a hub for several miles' worth of heated subterranean tunnels filled with shops and services. It was nice to be able to walk around in my shirtsleeves. Hudson's Bay department store is less than 10 minutes away via the tunnel, as is Eaton Centre which is a downtown mall with approx 100+ shops, including Sears.

Cab to the hotel is $39 CDN from the airport. Sedan from the hotel to the Airport is $44 CDN. Most places in the downtown area are $4-6 via taxi. Greek town was $8 amd was loaded with good Greek restaurants.

The Hilton is directly adjacent to this property, and it has a Ruth's Chris Steakhouse.

I walked about half a mile West of the hotel on Queen street, returned via King Street and passed no less than 50 interesting restaurants. Chinatown is a short distance away via cab ($5) and has dozens of Asian choices.

A large cineplex exists about 10 minutes' walk West of the hotel, along with a Chapters Bookstore.
Old Feb 4, 2003, 4:08 pm

Location: AC Million Miler & long time SE; StarwoodPlat for 10+ yrs & lifetime Gold; Hilton Honours Diamond; IC Ambassador; AMEX Plat;Avis Presidents Club; Airmiles GOLD; and just about everything else!
Programs: aeroplan & 25+year loyalty
Sheraton Toronto Centre--good treatment for Platinum Members

After avoiding this large property for years, I have recently stayed there and as a Plat Member, I have to say that I received superior service. I was upgraded to small suites on both recent trips which I was very impressed with!

The AMEX lounge on the 20th floor is a wonderful spot, far better than the Club Lounge on the 42nd floor.

In short, despite no self parking, it is a great hotel, esp for Plat members.
Old Feb 5, 2003, 8:09 am

Programs: SPG Plat, HLT Honors, DL PLT but missing NWA terribly.
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by 100,000miler:
The AMEX lounge on the 20th floor is a wonderful spot, far better than the Club Lounge on the 42nd floor.

</font>
Don't tell everyone - then they'll all want in!

Self parking is available with one entrance right across Queen Street once you drive out of the motor court, or another on the same side of the street as the hotel half a block down.

It's a huge lot, and is connected directly to the hotel either underground or via a second floor walkway if you want to walk outside.

[This message has been edited by Rolling Stone (edited 02-05-2003).]
Old Feb 5, 2003, 8:26 am

Look for the big green P sign. The one parking lot is under City Hall and the Skating rink (in the winter of course ). Rates are pretty good if I remember right.

edited to add: shhhh don't tell anyone, it's a secret.

[This message has been edited by cattle (edited 02-05-2003).]
Old Feb 5, 2003, 4:24 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by 100,000miler:
After avoiding this large property for years, I have recently stayed there and as a Plat Member, I have to say that I received superior service. I was upgraded to small suites on both recent trips which I was very impressed with!

</font>
I have practically lived at the Sheraton Centre in Toronto since October 2002, logging 6-7 day stays every week. Despite good service overall, I have never been upgraded. I have had much better luck at the Westin Harbor Castle where I have have been upgraded to a Jr. Suite 4 out of my 5 stays.

Old Feb 5, 2003, 4:54 pm

Welcome to FT PSFlyer

I would be having a very polite chat with the General Manager at the hotel letting him/her know about this. I could be wrong but I bet in the winter the Sheraton is a much better hotel to be in. Summers would be nice at the Harbour Castle though.

Either way you should be getting treated much better as this type of dream customer.

How do you like T.O? I lived near Younge/Queen for 5 years. I'm stuck in Sarnia tonight

Oh yeah, GO LEAFS GO

Old Feb 5, 2003, 6:17 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by cattle:
Welcome to FT PSFlyer

I would be having a very polite chat with the General Manager at the hotel letting him/her know about this. I could be wrong but I bet in the winter the Sheraton is a much better hotel to be in. Summers would be nice at the Harbour Castle though.

Either way you should be getting treated much better as this type of dream customer.

How do you like T.O? I lived near Younge/Queen for 5 years. I'm stuck in Sarnia tonight

Oh yeah, GO LEAFS GO

</font>
Thanks for the warm welcome. I am a long time reader and SPG loyal member (both thanks to VolleyballFerd).

The Sheraton is definitely better than the Westin in the Winter. It's much colder by the lake, plus the Westin doesn't have the comedy channel on TV.. which is a must for me. There are many more reasons why I prefer the Sheraton, but won't babble on for now.

Toronto is a great city, and would recommend that everyone stop by at least once for a visit. Unfortunately, I work long hours (80-90 hrs per week) and have not explored as much as I want to. I have made it to one leafs game though

[This message has been edited by PSFlyer (edited 02-05-2003).]
Old Feb 6, 2003, 6:57 am

Location: AC Million Miler & long time SE; StarwoodPlat for 10+ yrs & lifetime Gold; Hilton Honours Diamond; IC Ambassador; AMEX Plat;Avis Presidents Club; Airmiles GOLD; and just about everything else!
Programs: aeroplan & 25+year loyalty
The Westin Harbour Hassle Hotel, as it is know, is good but there are only a few suites. Most are Jr suites (one per floor) but these are really just oversized rooms, not really suites.

Sheraton Centre has at least 2 real 1 bedroom suites per floor.

The trick to upgrading is to register for short stays, as no hotel wants to tie up a potential revenue loss on a suite for longer term stays. One night is ideal, two is generally OK, much more is pushing your luck. Well, that is my experience.
Old Apr 1, 2003, 5:46 pm

Programs: US Airways Chairman, Delta Gold Medallion, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Sheraton Centre Toronto Lounge

Does anyone know if the Sheraton Centre Toronto lounge is open on weekends?

RJS

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.