Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Centre Toronto [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 6, 2016, 11:02 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: margarita girl
Hotel email: [email protected]
Print Wikipost

Sheraton Centre Toronto [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 26, 2024, 11:57 am

Programs: AC 75K, A3*G, AS MVPG, AA LT Gold 1MM, JL/JGC (OWS) , Marriott Titanium, Hertz 5*, Avis PC
Originally Posted by mynameisdmoon
Anyone have the hours for the executive lounge? Specifically the evening happy hour? Will be checking in during evening (7pm), hopefully won’t miss out on the lounge that everyone’s been talking about.
mynameisdmoon, here you go

Club Lounge
Monday to Friday
Breakfast: 6:30am - 10:30am
Hors D'oeuvres: 5:00pm - 8:30pm

Saturday to Sunday
Breakfast: 7:00am - 11:00am
mynameisdmoon likes this.
Old Jan 31, 2024, 12:51 pm

Programs: AP 50k, UA Silver, MB Titanium, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Short hair Francis
mynameisdmoon, here you go

Club Lounge
Monday to Friday
Breakfast: 6:30am - 10:30am

Saturday to Sunday
Breakfast: 7:00am - 11:00am
Perfect, thank you! Hopefully some food left in the final hour of Hors D'oeuvres.
Old Feb 5, 2024, 6:22 pm

Stayed a single night during this past weekend, booked using my 35k cert earned from last year’s 2 stay promo. It was chosen due to it being the closest Marriott property from Chinatown Centre where my partner and I was working the art market at. Was proactively upgraded to club level king, but was given a queen suite during check in upon asking. In retrospect I probably should’ve kept the king room or specified king suite because the hotel’s definition of a queen bed is a lot smaller than the queen bed I have at home. Slightly tight for me and my partner. Also for my stay this room was the most expensive out of the other king suites. Wasn’t sure why besides it being on 42nd floor (room 4228, across from the Royal Suite), and a nice view of the CN tower.

Much like the Westin I proactively avoided staying in this hotel for a long time because of how old the rooms were looking, and this stay confirmed it. The room is just dark and dingy and screams to be put to rest. The lamps did very little to brighten up the room. The shower while spacious just leaked the water onto the floor outside through the tiny gap. Stepping onto the floor towel to find it damp wasn’t so nice. The bed itself while tight was comfy though so I’ll give them that.

My peers since 2022 have hyped up this property as their go-to spot to burn their 35k cert for the newly renovated lounge and their delicious food offering. So I at least looked forward to that during my stay. Unfortunately the offering during that night’s happy hour wasn’t so great as the hype it received. They were serving spinach puff pastry and some food that I can only refer to as gourmet pizza bagel bites (shout outs to my fellow millennials that grew up eating this), along with the usual cold cuts + cheese, veggie sticks, and two mediocre cake squares for dessert. While not substantial I loaded up on the pizza bagel bites and called it a night. I did appreciate the excellent staff in the lounge however. Very proactive with the beverage offerings and replenishing the food. Breakfast at the lounge was also not very remarkable with very bland powder scrambled eggs, and the thickest and toughest chicken sausages I’ve ever cut/bit into.

Given this experience it has reinforced my stance on avoiding this property. The shiny lobby and the exquisite looking lounge is a total honeypot for the disappointing aging hard product. Can’t recommend this property to anyone outside of location reasons, and definitely won’t be returning until renovations are performed.
Antonio8069 likes this.
Old Feb 6, 2024, 2:12 am

Programs: MB Ambassador, WOH Globalist, HH Diamond (Aspire), AA Gold, UA (*G) Gold
I still think the reason someone should stay at the Sheraton is if they want the world’s best lattes from the Club Lounge barista bar - okay, maybe a hyperbole, but I can never sleep here because I’m so hopped up on lattes!

For me, I still prefer the Sheraton than the two Marriotts as I found Eaton to have beds that were too firm and TMCC just doesn’t have much going for it with an unappealing layout. In Toronto, it’s Westin and Sheraton (and maybe W) for me!
Old Feb 6, 2024, 8:35 am

Originally Posted by ElevatorEnthusiast
I still think the reason someone should stay at the Sheraton is if they want the world’s best lattes from the Club Lounge barista bar - okay, maybe a hyperbole, but I can never sleep here because I’m so hopped up on lattes!

For me, I still prefer the Sheraton than the two Marriotts as I found Eaton to have beds that were too firm and TMCC just doesn’t have much going for it with an unappealing layout. In Toronto, it’s Westin and Sheraton (and maybe W) for me!
Yeah the two Marriotts are also rather subpar. Finding hotels in Toronto to be rather lacking in general tbh, but that might just be me considering the absurd pricing of hotels in Toronto. Maybe in two years the Sheraton will receive the renovations like the Westin.
Old Feb 6, 2024, 8:59 am

Programs: MB Ambassador, WOH Globalist, HH Diamond (Aspire), AA Gold, UA (*G) Gold
Originally Posted by mynameisdmoon
Yeah the two Marriotts are also rather subpar. Finding hotels in Toronto to be rather lacking in general tbh, but that might just be me considering the absurd pricing of hotels in Toronto. Maybe in two years the Sheraton will receive the renovations like the Westin.
And, maybe in two years, the renovations at the Westin will be finished ;-)
mynameisdmoon likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.