Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Bangkok, Thailand

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 9, 2018, 8:28 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: rxgeek
This thread refers to the various Marriott brands within a specific geographic area. Marriott Bonvoy hotels in XX usually have posts asking which property is better, etc. Trip reports are usually better suited in the property specific threads.

Can someone who knows list the names of the hotels here in this long thread? Here are the names, addresses, email contact, commonly used abbreviations and some basic info about each hotel. (Location information, CL and breakfast information, UG experiences reported within the thread, typical room layout and frequently mentioned basic advice for different properties.) Keep in mind most posts indicate these are all great hotels. Hope this helps. CJK
  • JW Marriott Hotel Bangkok (JW) 4 Sukhumvit Road, Soi 2, Bangkok 10110, Thailand between the Phloen Chit and Nana BTS Stations. There is a pretty large CL. Elites mostly report having complimentary breakfast offered only at the CL and not in a restaurant. Some are bothered by the hotel's proximity to the Nana district and think the hotel may get some associated business while others (myself) have not really noticed this unless looking hard to see it. The hotel was recently renovated and there are a few posts showing pictures. UGs are usually to the club level regular room where the bathrooms are interior (no outside glass wall) and feature rather small showers but great soaking tubs. Unlike the other hotels listed here, the toilets are not in enclosures.
  • Renaissance Bangkok Ratchaprasong Hotel (Ren) 518/8 Ploenchit Road Khwaeng Lumphini, Khet Pathum Wan, Bangkok almost attached to the Chit Lom BTS Station and the SkyWalk. One can reach the platform without having to walk on public sidewalks and by using escalators/elevators in the building next door, so most feel this is the property with the fastest and easiest access to BTS. The CL is smaller than the JW's and sometimes gets full. Some elites report having a choice of the complimentary breakfast in the restaurant (which is quite good and huge) while others report having that request denied. Latest reports indicate the restaurant breakfast is offered as of April 2018. The hotel does not have many suites so UGs are usually to corner rooms which often have seating and/or dressing areas as well as larger bathrooms with full glass walls. IMO this is the best/most convenient hotel for a first timer looking to do typical touristy things in Bangkok.
  • Courtyard by Marriott Bangkok (CY) 155/1 Soi Mahadlekluang 1 Ratchadamri Road Bangkok is about a five minute walk to either the Ratchadamri or Chit Lom BTS Stations. The hotel operates tuk-tuks to/from the BTS Station. The hotel has a CL and consistently offers elites a choice of breakfast there or in the restaurant. The CL is on the top floor of the hotel and has outdoor seating. Having stayed at the hotel several times as a P, PP and LTP I have never been given an UG, so if there are others who can chime in on that please do. The regular room has a small interior only bathroom with a window overlooking the room and no tub, only a walk-in shower. IMO the price can makes this a great choice, as it is convenient to many places a visitor will go. Sometimes it can be half the price of other Marriott options and they often run double points promotions. (Call the hotel to ask, it cannot hurt.)
  • Bangkok Marriott Marquis Queen’s Park (Sukhumvit Soi 22) 199 ถนน สุขุมวิท ซอย 22 Khwaeng Khlong Tan, Khet Khlong Toei, กรุงเทพมหานคร 10110, Thailand is about an eight minute walk to the Emporium Mall and Phrom Phong BTS Station either down the Soi sidewalk or through Queen's Park. The hotel operates a regular shuttle to the BTS Station although some have reported trouble catching it back to the hotel. The CL is large, with an outdoor deck, and most people report not being given a choice for the complimentary breakfast in the restaurant. Most Plats report getting UG to a suite, with the M Suite seeming to be most common. It has a living room, bedroom and single large interior bathroom with separate walk-in showers and tubs. This is the largest hotel in Bangkok.
  • Bangkok Marriott Hotel Sukhumvit (Sukhumvit Soi 57) 2 ถนน สุขุมวิท 57 Phra Khanong, Khlong Toei, กรุงเทพมหานคร 10110, Thailand ([email protected]) is a two minute walk to the Thong Lo BTS Station. Getting to the station involves crossing Thong Lo intersection which can be daunting. The hotel is about a ten minute BTS ride to the central malls, the Ren, etc. The area is a little quieter and more "Thai" than the more touristy/business area where the JW, Ren and CY are located. Some people report being able to have complimentary breakfast in the restaurant while others report lounge only. The CL is about the same size as the Ren's and can get crowded in the early evening. The hotel is on the higher floors of a 40+ story building and the CL is located on one of the top floors, offering stunning views of Bangkok. There is a rooftop bar on the top of the building with great views, too. Elites are often given a coupon for a free drink on the roof. Plats report mostly getting UGs to a two room suite with an extra half bath. The main bath includes an enclosed toilet, a single large walk-in shower and a large soaking tub that can easily seat two. (While the tub is large, the JW, Marquis and Ren tubs are more comfortable for a single person looking to lean back and relax.) IMO this is the quietest of the hotels listed here.
  • Bangkok Marriott Hotel The Surawongse 262 Thanon Surawong, Khwaeng Si Phraya, Khet Bang Rak, Krung Thep Maha Nakhon 10500, Thailand is the newest hotel. As of April 2018 there are not many posts from users who have stayed, nor is there an abbreviation being commonly used on this forum. The hotel is not attached/close to a BTS or MRT station but is near the Silom business area and some more popular adult entertainment establishments.
Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Bangkok 35,000 Category 5
The St. Regis Bangkok 35,000 Category 5
Bangkok Marriott Hotel The Surawongse 25,000 Category 4
Bangkok Marriott Marquis Queen's Park 25,000 Category 4
JW Marriott Hotel Bangkok 35,000 Category 5
Le Méridien Bangkok 25,000 Category 4
Bangkok Marriott Hotel Sukhumvit 25,000 Category 4
Renaissance Bangkok Ratchaprasong Hotel 25,000 Category 4
The Athenee Hotel, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Bangkok 35,000 Category 5
The Westin Grande Sukhumvit,25,000 Category 4
W Bangkok 25,000 Category 4
Le Méridien Suvarnabhumi, Bangkok Golf Resort & Spa 17,500 Category 3
Aloft Bangkok Sukhumvit 11 17,500 Category 3
Courtyard by Marriott Bangkok 12,500 Category 2
Four Points by Sheraton Bangkok, Sukhumvit 1512,500 Category 2
Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Bangkok, Thailand

Search this Thread

Old May 9, 2015, 1:12 am
Suspended

current GM, Khun Sanee, at Courtyard leaving the end of June (their Ops Mgr left 3-months ago).

new GM is currently F&B Mgr at the JW BKK (they keep losing staff; ie. GM in Rayong formally with finance dept at JW).

since they have the same owner an easy move.
Old May 9, 2015, 1:17 pm
Marriott Contributor BadgeWyndham Contributor Badge

Programs: Hertz PC, Hilton DMD, IHG Spire Amb, Bonvoy Titanium Elite & WoH Globalist
Marriott Hotel Sukhumvit 57

Finally, here is the review of our last stay at this property. The 57 Street Restaurant breakfast review will follow. This was truly the best hotel stay ever for us in terms of accommodations, service, and recognition ... and we do stay around 60 nights in hotels per year!

Our initial reservation was for two nights (April 4th & 5th) but because of the excellent service and treatment, we extended our stay until April 12th cancelling the Renaissance reservation which had a better rate per night. Here, as a Platinum, we got upgraded to a beautifully appointed suite on the 41st floor (one above executive lounge) with panoramic views of the city from any room/bathroom. The beds were very comfortable (and feather-free as requested by my profile) and we had very comfortable night sleep. Huge tub in the bathroom to soak our bodies after a hot day in the city touring and sightseeing. Housekeeping was prompt, cleaned thoroughly, and replenished our room with all necessary toiletries and bottled drinking water.

On one morning, the lobby was packed with revellers celebrating the Thai New Year (Songkran) complete with drums and dancing and they moved the festivities on to the 7th floor, the pool floor. The Kids' Club is also located on the 7th floor. Our kids enjoyed their time at both the pool and Kids Club.

We traveled to Phuket for the Thai New Year (Songkran) and upon returning we canceled our Grand Hyatt Erawan hotel reservation (which had a lower rate & guaranteed suite using DSU) in anticipation of a stay at this property for 11 more nights. Again, this was a much better value as a Marriott Platinum. We were upgraded to a stunning corner suite and attached double room (for the kids) on the 40th floor, same floor as the lounge. We were blown away by this upgrade as this is the best hotel accommodation ever, I dare say! Both rooms were new, clean, and offered all amenities for a comfortable stay with expansive views of the Bangkok skyline from every window. Truly, rooms with views!

On both stays, we had full lounge benefits and choice of having breakfast at either the executive lounge or the lobby restaurants. At the lounge, two hot stations at breakfast (in addition to the buffet spread), one for eggs any style and the second for noodles. High teatime was served between 3-5 PM with various sandwiches, pastries, and their accompaniments. Different theme happy hour food theme during the cocktail hours at the lounge (Thai, Japanese, Pasta, etc.). Hot station nightly cooking on the spot the hot items of the day until 7:30 PM. Happy hour goodies, as usual, were plenty and good enough to make a nice dinner. I seldom drink alcohol (usually Campari on ice), but booze was available from 5-9:30 PM along with fruits and desserts. Food was delicious and plentiful and staff treated our kids with kindness and like family. Two FT friends visited with their significant other, the staff did not question us regarding the visitors and did not nickle and dime us either.

The service was immaculate at every level in the hotel from executive lounge staff, to housekeeping, to 57 Street Restaurant, and to Concierge. All performed excellent and went above the call of duty to ensure that our stay stay was a comfortable one. Especially Mod, Youis, Pakboong, Aey, Gift, and John. Above all manager Ailene (Marriott Ambassador) was on top of it to make our stay successful.

For more info, see our photos of this stay: https://www.flickr.com/photos/kalboz...57652119662090

Old May 10, 2015, 3:49 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond Marriott Platinum SPG Gold National Emerald
Kalboz

Don't know if you enjoyed their steakhouse, I hope you did. For one particular item....the Cesar Salad. It was the most enjoyable interpretation of a Cesar I've ever had, deconstructed and rebuilt in the most inventive and enjoyable way (for me, at least). I especially appreciated Chef's take on the dressing (a foam that didn't break), the parmesan (a net (fried)) and the bacon (house made pancetta)

I found the rooms a bit small, as have others, but wasn't offered a suite upgrade as you were favored with. I thought the location a bit of a wash, further down the line into a new neighborhood (for me) was cool, the walk to the BTS was easier than the JWM or Ren, but the congestion at the front and the touts left me a bit underwhelmed.

Staff was great, at the front and the lounge.
Old May 10, 2015, 10:58 pm
Marriott Contributor BadgeWyndham Contributor Badge

Programs: Hertz PC, Hilton DMD, IHG Spire Amb, Bonvoy Titanium Elite & WoH Globalist
Originally Posted by Hawaiino
Kalboz

Don't know if you enjoyed their steakhouse, I hope you did. For one particular item....the Cesar Salad. It was the most enjoyable interpretation of a Cesar I've ever had, deconstructed and rebuilt in the most inventive and enjoyable way (for me, at least). I especially appreciated Chef's take on the dressing (a foam that didn't break), the parmesan (a net (fried)) and the bacon (house made pancetta)
Two years ago I had a dinner solo at the District Steakhouse. Ordered the grilled Tasmanian Salmon with Mushroom Sauce, Cesar Salad, and washed it down with a glass of Tawny Port. The food was cooked/prepared perfectly as the salmon was flaky on the outside and juicy inside. The salad was crispy and fresh and the service was impeccable. But the dinner set me back around $50! Worth it? Sure, but for special occasions. Plenty of good delicious food just outside the door (or the executive lounge) for free or next to free.

I found the rooms a bit small, as have others, but wasn't offered a suite upgrade as you were favored with.
As a Marriott Platinum you are entitled to a suite upgrade! Although subject to availability, this is not hotel-specific policy but a written program benefit: https://www.marriott.com/hotel-promo...ite-upgrade.mi

Ask, my good friend, and you shall receive!

I thought the location a bit of a wash, further down the line into a new neighborhood (for me) was cool, the walk to the BTS was easier than the JWM or Ren, but the congestion at the front and the touts left me a bit underwhelmed.
For us, the location is perfect away from the hoards of tourists and adult venues (near the JWM) and close walking distance to the BTS. We do enjoy street food outside the hotel and eat from these vendors regularly. The one outside the 7-11 usually sells grilled fresh river prawns at around THB 800 per KG and also grilled cockles. The vendor at Soi 59 has a full menu and huge fridge and can cook anything you ask him/her! The food is spicy, delicious and cheap and we have yet to have any sanitary-related ailment due to eating street Thai food.

We never had a problem with the vendors. The only annoyance is the pesty taxi drivers parked on the soi offering free rides for shopping!

Staff was great, at the front and the lounge.
The staff, oh, the staff ... they are always good with awesome friendly service

Old Jun 2, 2015, 8:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Recently completed a 3 day stay at the Renaissance and it was good for the most part. Upon check-in they quickly acknowledged the GF having Plat and brought us up to the club lounge. They initially assigned us a non-suite room but a quick question about availability led them to inform us that the suite was unavailable the first night but they'd be happy to move us to one the 2nd night (we took up the offer and the move was seamless).

The non-suite room was definitely on the smaller size (with a small bathroom) though it was clean and the bed was comfortable. However both the GF and I are allergic to feather (and both of us have it noted in our Marriott profiles) however they failed to act accordingly and we ended up having to call housekeeping (which took a while) to come change the pillows and bedspread.

The suite room was much nicer with significantly more space and a much bigger bathroom. It was open and airy so overall a nice move for the last two nights.

Location-wise it was perfect for us since we mainly wanted to walk around the shopping areas. The easy access to the SkyWalk both for walking to each of the shopping malls as well as easily accessing the BTS was quite nice. Despite being further away from the river and the major sights, on the day we went sight-seeing we simply took an Uber (which was all of 200 baht each way) and were able to easily get over to the Palace and Wat Pho.

The lounge was also quite nice. They offered made-to-order eggs (and noodles though I never ordered noodles) in the morning along with a nice spread of breads, cereals, yogurts, cheeses, a noodle dish (separate from the made-to-order noodles), and a few other things. They actively serviced the lounge seating area during breakfast (they insisted on me sitting down and bringing the eggs to me instead of waiting). In the evening they had a nice variety of dishes as well as a very well stocked bar (Jack Daniel's, Johnnie Walker Black, Bailey's, etc.) and even made custom drinks (I had a margarita one night).

We also each got a free 15 minute neck and shoulder massage in the on-site spa which was included as one of the club benefits. The pool was also nice - it was located on the same floor as the spa and the gym and was a covered pool but with no windows. As a result one could enjoy the heat of Bangkok by the pool but not endure the sun which I enjoyed.

Overall I wouldn't hesitate to go back (at least as a Plat / Gold with lounge access and the ability to get a nicer room), especially given the low price we were able to get it ($125 USD/night including tax).
Old Jun 12, 2015, 11:40 am

Programs: Stanby life since 2007
I'm doing a return trip to Bangkok in September for a week. I've only stayed at the Soi57 location previously in a corner king and was very impressed with the property / lounge. I'll have 3 adults in my party and I'm concern the rooms at the Soi57 are slightly small to accommodate 3 adults comfortably as it list 2 twins / singles (its hard to tell from the pictures).

I'm leaning towards the Renaissance which is the same price because it looks like it would be a more comfortable accommodations for 3 adults. From reviews, I would assume the lounge is equally as top notched as the Soi57.

I'm also looking at the Courtyard which is much cheaper and will allow me to stay three extra nights for the same price. But is the lounge here only for breakfast, or all day access like the other two properties?

My preference is 2 doubles beds and with nice lounge accommodations, I'm a Marriott Gold member.

Last random question, does Marriott Executive Apartments have any type lounge access for Gold/Plat ?

Thanks for any insights you can provide. ^
Old Jun 12, 2015, 12:15 pm

Originally Posted by san88
I'm leaning towards the Renaissance which is the same price because it looks like it would be a more comfortable accommodations for 3 adults. From reviews, I would assume the lounge is equally as top notched as the Soi57.
Stayed there three weeks ago. Did have some issues with the workers in the lounge not speaking English (which is baffling for an American chain branded hotel). Otherwise a great property. Upgraded to Ren Suite.
Old Jun 12, 2015, 11:34 pm

Originally Posted by san88
I'm also looking at the Courtyard which is much cheaper and will allow me to stay three extra nights for the same price. But is the lounge here only for breakfast, or all day access like the other two properties?

The Courtyard does a pretty decent breakfast - couple of hot selections as well as well as the usual breads, rolls, cereals, etc.

There is all day access to the lounge - the evening food selection is much more finger type food. At some of the other Marriotts (i.e. JW, the Ren), you can actually use the lounge to have dinner. The Courtyard is much more basic but decent for a snack.
Old Jun 17, 2015, 10:58 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Here's what I have for the Bangkok properties in the exec lounge sticky. Can FTers report if the info is still valid & if so, what date you know it was last valid (if it's beyond the date reported), & if it's not valid, please provide a correction. Thx.

* Bangkok / JW Marriott / OPEN; free wifi, i-net terminals, printer & copy machine; option of brekkie in lounge or cafe; 01/15 update

* Bangkok / Renaissance Bangkok Ratchaprasong / OPEN; free wifi as well as i-net terminals; 10/14 update

* Bangkok / Marriott Sukhumvit / OPEN; Gold/Plats have choice of brekkie in lounge or in restaurant; free i-net terminals & wifi; 10/14 update

* Bangkok / Courtyard / OPEN; Plats offered breakfast in either lounge or MoMo Cafe; key accessible (but w full-time attendant); free i-net terminals & wireless; 10/14 update

Cheers.
Old Jun 17, 2015, 2:29 pm
dfe
In memoriam

Programs: UA 1K/MM; *A Gold Life; CX Gold; Marriott Platinum LT; SPG Plat; HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
Here's what I have for the Bangkok properties in the exec lounge sticky. Can FTers report if the info is still valid & if so, what date you know it was last valid (if it's beyond the date reported), & if it's not valid, please provide a correction. Thx.

* Bangkok / JW Marriott / OPEN; free wifi, i-net terminals, printer & copy machine; option of brekkie in lounge or cafe; 01/15 update

* Bangkok / Renaissance Bangkok Ratchaprasong / OPEN; free wifi as well as i-net terminals; 10/14 update

* Bangkok / Marriott Sukhumvit / OPEN; Gold/Plats have choice of brekkie in lounge or in restaurant; free i-net terminals & wifi; 10/14 update

* Bangkok / Courtyard / OPEN; Plats offered breakfast in either lounge or MoMo Cafe; key accessible (but w full-time attendant); free i-net terminals & wireless; 10/14 update

Cheers.
Still all correct for the Ren as of 05/09/15. Breakfast in Lounge only.
Old Jul 13, 2015, 7:08 am

Location: The place where it gets so hot in the summer some planes can't take off.
Programs: Marriott LT Titanium, WoH Globalist, National EE, United Platinum
I've gone through this thread and will either be staying at JW Marriott or Marriott Sukhumvit from 11/18-11/21 or 11/22. This is my first time in Bangkok and while I may visit the more adult areas, I'm there to experience the city as well.

Is Marriott near Tholong better overall location than JW to get around and wander? Both hotels look nice (JW seems slightly overprice but I'll prob go on points). I'm also going to Chiang Mai on the 22-26 and either Koh Samui or maybe just party in Pattaya for the last 4-5 nights.
Old Jul 13, 2015, 7:57 am
Suspended

If you’re considering a 4-night stay in Bangkok on points why don’t you just stay 5-nights as last night is “free” (and you’ll need the first day or 2 just to get over jetlag).

Originally Posted by bigshooter
I've gone through this thread and will either be staying at JW Marriott or Marriott Sukhumvit from 11/18-11/21 or 11/22. This is my first time in Bangkok and while I may visit the more adult areas, I'm there to experience the city as well.

Is Marriott near Tholong better overall location than JW to get around and wander? Both hotels look nice (JW seems slightly overprice but I'll prob go on points). I'm also going to Chiang Mai on the 22-26 and either Koh Samui or maybe just party in Pattaya for the last 4-5 nights.

Last edited by leeky; Jul 14, 2015 at 9:19 pm
Old Jul 13, 2015, 11:18 am

Originally Posted by leeky
As for adult areas, if you stay at the JW it will be right outside the door as well as in the lobby, in the lounge and almost everywhere else in the hotel.
This is a bit overstated. People generally agree that there are three main "adult" areas in BKK. The JW sits very close to one of them. As such, you will sometimes see in the hotel see a gentleman and a lady who may have come from one of the adult areas. It is not ubiquitous, and at least for me, not a factor in whether or not to stay there.

Is Marriott near Tholong better overall location than JW to get around and wander?
Both the JW and Marriott Sukhumvit are close to a BTS (elevated train) station (I think 4 stations apart on the same line). The JW is a bit closer (4 stations) to the "heart" of downtown, but realistically, a wash in terms of getting around.

Both are nice - I dont think you can go wrong at either one. As a Plat, you will have access to the lounge - both are good. Seems like people have had a bit more success with upgrades at the Marriott Sukhumvit.
Old Aug 17, 2015, 8:11 pm

Programs: DL:MM, Marriott:LTT
Anyone know the impact today's incident had on the Ren? All afternoon/evening I've been thinking about the people who work there, who have always been awesome, hoping that everyone is okay. Anyone who works or stays at the Ren could have been walking by Erawan Shrine at any given moment...
Old Aug 18, 2015, 1:43 am

Originally Posted by CJKatl
Anyone know the impact today's incident had on the Ren? All afternoon/evening I've been thinking about the people who work there, who have always been awesome, hoping that everyone is okay. Anyone who works or stays at the Ren could have been walking by Erawan Shrine at any given moment...
Am in the area now and was just at the Ren - staff all ok apart from one staff injury. Heard one guest fatality, but area all quiet now. However, 2nd attack at the Saphan Taksin River Boat Pier/BTS station just reported...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.