Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Paris, France

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 9, 2018, 7:26 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hhoope01
This thread refers to the various Marriott brands within a specific geographic area. Marriott Bonvoy hotels in XX usually have posts asking which property is better, etc. Trip reports are usually better suited in the property specific threads.
Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Paris, France

Search this Thread

Old Dec 15, 2014, 5:46 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Some tourist attractions are walkable from Marriott Rive Gauche, for example Luxumbourg gardens and the area around the Pantheon. You can take different routes and it's a reasonably interesting walk. You can also walk to Montparnasse and the big traditional restaurants there.
Old Dec 16, 2014, 12:16 pm

Programs: BA Silver, Marriott Platinum
Marriott Rive Gauche

I stayed at the Marriott Rive Gauche a few weeks ago. One thing to be aware of is that the lounge is open for dinner on Fridays and is closed on Sundays, which is different to most hotels.
Old Dec 18, 2014, 8:58 pm

Programs: Marriott Silver, Hilton Silver, Hertz #1 Gold, Avis Preferred
You know, its starting to seem like everywhere I turn, I'm seeing negative feedback about the C-E property. I don't know if it is because its so expensive, and people just don't think its worth what they are paying, or if there are just issues with the hotel now. By contrast, the Ren ADT seems to be universally well regarded. It sort of seems like the decision between the two of them breaks down to better hotel vs better (or at least more central) location. Which is making this very hard!
Old Dec 20, 2014, 7:23 pm

Just stayed at the Opera Ambassador for 4 nights. The executive lounge is currently open from 0700-2200, offers breakfast from 0700-1100, snacks/alcohol/mixers from 1730-1930, and beer/wine until 2100. First visit to Paris & I've liked the location very much. Glad I skipped the CE but will have to check out the Vendome on the next trip.
Old Dec 20, 2014, 9:20 pm

Programs: Marriott lifetime Titanium, Delta Platinum
Originally Posted by MFLetou
You know, its starting to seem like everywhere I turn, I'm seeing negative feedback about the C-E property. I don't know if it is because its so expensive, and people just don't think its worth what they are paying, or if there are just issues with the hotel now. By contrast, the Ren ADT seems to be universally well regarded. It sort of seems like the decision between the two of them breaks down to better hotel vs better (or at least more central) location.
As to the various Marriott Parisian properties, don't think it is so much that one hotel or the other is so much "better". Think more that it is the difference between people and what appeals to each. Big hotel vs smaller. Very commercial area vs less so. Centrally located vs less costly but further away. Newer vs older. Charm vs room size. Comped full breakfast vs lounge. Parisian neighborhood versus business area. Perfection vs price. And many more such.
Old Dec 21, 2014, 11:13 pm

Programs: Marriott Silver, Hilton Silver, Hertz #1 Gold, Avis Preferred
Yeah, it just seems kind of glaring to me that the reviews on C-E in particular are so mixed. For me, this was always an aspirational property--given the price and location, for the years that I've followed Marriott its been kind of a "gold standard" high profile property.

I'm not sure if its simply gone downhill, or just reached a tipping point in terms of price vs what you get. Either way, you wouldn't expect a Category 9 property in this location to be garnering so many lousy reviews and comments.

In contrast, almost everything I've read about the Ren ADT has been positive. There doesn't seem to be much disagreement about the quality of the rooms.
Old Dec 22, 2014, 7:29 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by ohmark
As to the various Marriott Parisian properties, don't think it is so much that one hotel or the other is so much "better". Think more that it is the difference between people and what appeals to each. Big hotel vs smaller. Very commercial area vs less so. Centrally located vs less costly but further away. Newer vs older. Charm vs room size. Comped full breakfast vs lounge. Parisian neighborhood versus business area. Perfection vs price. And many more such.
This.
Old Jan 9, 2015, 7:20 am

Is 311 Euro a night for the Executive Suite at the Ren Troacdero too much $$$? Breakfast and wi-fi included. I don't know if it's worth it. Dates are in May.

Last edited by DealAddict; Jan 9, 2015 at 9:52 am
Old Jan 27, 2015, 10:46 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LTP, Hilton Gold
I have quick 26 hour layover in Paris and I'm trying to decide between the Ren Le Parc Trocadero and the Vendome. I'm flying into CDG and flying out of ORY. I prefer LPT for the location, though the Vendome isn't bad either, but I was wondering which hotel would be nearer to a convenient option to Orly.
Old Feb 16, 2015, 12:51 am

Which Marriott in Paris

Hi all,

I'm looking for a two nights in Paris and after a quick check on Marriott.com I would decide between Renaissance Vendome, Marriott Champs-Elysees and Renaissance Arc de Triomphe Hotel.

Anyway, at least for the first two the reviews on Tripadvisor are very mixed. Especially the Marriott doesn't seem the meet the standard expectation of a 5 star hotel it claims to be. Especially the repeated comments about large groups of misbehaving middle eastern gentlemen, smoke in rooms, really bad service and an impression of an overall run down hotel for just 400€/night made me think twice if I want to stay there?

To be honest I usually look at the worst reviews and tend to ignore the "5 Star, everything is great reviews" since I found over the years that bad reviews are in a lot of cases much more genuine and believable

Or am I miss-leaded?

The Arc de Triomphe seems to be quite nice but it lacks the typical Paris-shabby chic, right and overall I tend to the Vendome, you choice?

I'm looking for a nice clean hotel which lives up to its standard and not just claims to be 4 or 5 stars property, with good service, privacy and calm environment while being convenient located for some sight seeing in Paris.

Opinions?

Thanks,
fassy
Old Feb 16, 2015, 4:12 pm

Programs: MR & SPG Plat, BA Silver, AA Gold, UA Silver
I thought the Arc de Triomphe was great. I've stayed there 2x now and would go back. They definitely take care of the elite guests.
Old Feb 16, 2015, 6:49 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, AA Gold MM, Marriott LTT, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by fassy
Hi all,

I'm looking for a two nights in Paris and after a quick check on Marriott.com I would decide between Renaissance Vendome, Marriott Champs-Elysees and Renaissance Arc de Triomphe Hotel.

Anyway, at least for the first two the reviews on Tripadvisor are very mixed. Especially the Marriott doesn't seem the meet the standard expectation of a 5 star hotel it claims to be. Especially the repeated comments about large groups of misbehaving middle eastern gentlemen, smoke in rooms, really bad service and an impression of an overall run down hotel for just 400€/night made me think twice if I want to stay there?

To be honest I usually look at the worst reviews and tend to ignore the "5 Star, everything is great reviews" since I found over the years that bad reviews are in a lot of cases much more genuine and believable

Or am I miss-leaded?

The Arc de Triomphe seems to be quite nice but it lacks the typical Paris-shabby chic, right and overall I tend to the Vendome, you choice?

I'm looking for a nice clean hotel which lives up to its standard and not just claims to be 4 or 5 stars property, with good service, privacy and calm environment while being convenient located for some sight seeing in Paris.

Opinions?

Thanks,
fassy
The description you provided is accurate for Champs-Elysees. I've checked out the lobby a few times when I'm in Paris and each time the lobby was camped out by groups and not very inviting, definitely not 5*.

Location of Vendome is better.
Old Feb 23, 2015, 10:20 am

Programs: Marriott, AAdvantage, United, Club Carlson
Hi folks,

Quick question:

Will be in Paris for 2 nights on points in April. Which hotel is the most romantic and best located for easy walking to metro and attractions, and food. #1 concern is just having the highest quality "romantic" hotel.

Thanks!
Old Feb 23, 2015, 11:37 am

Originally Posted by BostonFlyer1624
Hi folks,

Quick question:

Will be in Paris for 2 nights on points in April. Which hotel is the most romantic and best located for easy walking to metro and attractions, and food. #1 concern is just having the highest quality "romantic" hotel.

Thanks!
I think most will say either the Ren Vendome or Trocadero. Trocadero is walkable to Eiffel. Vendome to Louvre and Orsay. While I haven't stayed at Trocadero, I can tell you in my experience the Vendome doesn't UG point redemptions upon check-in w/o cash. I'd try to lock that down an UG in advance at either property.
Old Feb 23, 2015, 12:32 pm

Programs: LTP, PP
Paris Marriott Rive Gauche Hotel & Conference Center. Put my parents here for 5 nights on points. They received a nice upgrade and enjoyed the lounge. Other that that, I have no idea.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.