Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Paris, France

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 9, 2018, 7:26 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hhoope01
This thread refers to the various Marriott brands within a specific geographic area. Marriott Bonvoy hotels in XX usually have posts asking which property is better, etc. Trip reports are usually better suited in the property specific threads.
Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Paris, France

Search this Thread

Old Feb 26, 2014, 2:38 pm

Best Marriott/Ren in Paris?

Hubby and I are stopping in Paris this mid-October for a long romantic weekend on the way to a business trip in Germany.

We're loyal Marriott guests - which Paris property is best for doing the romantic tourist thing? Marriott CE or Ren Paris Vendome? Or another? Important are proximity to metro, walking distance to shops and restaurants, feeling like we're definitely in Paris, and service at the hotel. Hubby says "don't skimp!"

Any recos?
Old Feb 26, 2014, 3:28 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marri...els-paris.html
Old Feb 26, 2014, 7:19 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA 2 Million-miler , SPG Platinum, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Marriott CE
Old Feb 26, 2014, 10:20 pm

Originally Posted by DENROC
Marriott CE
Hard for me to imagine anyplace less romantic then the overcrowded noisy Road this hotel is on.
Old Feb 27, 2014, 3:04 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
I stayed at the Renaissance Arc de Triomphe last fall and disliked it intensely.

It's on a nondescript heavily trafficked street in a distinctly uncharming part of the 8th.

Staff was condescending and very good at saying "no."
Old Feb 27, 2014, 5:49 am

Programs: UA GS 1MM, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by profhoff
Hubby and I are stopping in Paris this mid-October for a long romantic weekend on the way to a business trip in Germany.

We're loyal Marriott guests - which Paris property is best for doing the romantic tourist thing? Marriott CE or Ren Paris Vendome? Or another? Important are proximity to metro, walking distance to shops and restaurants, feeling like we're definitely in Paris, and service at the hotel. Hubby says "don't skimp!"

Any recos?
My favorites are the Renaissance Parc Trocadero and Renaissance Vendome.
Lots of info on both properties on the threads provided above.
Old Feb 27, 2014, 8:04 am

Programs: DL:MM, Marriott:LTT
Originally Posted by OrangeCountyCommuter
Hard for me to imagine anyplace less romantic then the overcrowded noisy Road this hotel is on.
Them there are fightin' werds...

I've always gotten rooms overlooking the quiet courtyard in the back. There is something magical about the road at night. It's a crossroads of the world. Walking from the AdT to the down to the end of the shopping district is memorable and, yes, romantic.

Which, OP, brings me to my point, which I seem to type in each of the many, many times this topic is posted. It's not the hotel that makes Paris great. Marriott affords us many phenomenal choices. It's not a question of right or best choice. It's a question of choosing one and just letting go. You're going to have a great trip whether you stay at the Vendome, AdT, or even St.D CY. Sure, some of the properties are more lux than others, and a handful are located within spitting distance of all the great tourist attractions, but you can either obsess and second guess over this decision until, during and after your trip or just choose one of the great properties and know you will have a memorable trip. I'd choose the latter. With the exception of a post above, if you read through the threads on Paris hotels you'll find many passionate posts from people who couldn't imagine a different hotel could possibly better than the hotel in which they stayed, but what you won't find (even above) is anyone claiming the hotel ruined a Paris trip.

end of rant...
Old Feb 27, 2014, 12:21 pm

Programs: Marriott - Lifetime Titanium, United - Silver
Originally Posted by sammyindc
I've stayed at the Renaissance Vendome. It was very nice!
Old Feb 27, 2014, 6:45 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hhonors Diamond, Bonvoy LT Plat, TSA vilifier extraordinaire, Once upon a time... US Silver, AA Gold
Originally Posted by CJKatl
just choose one of the great properties and know you will have a memorable trip
+1
Old Mar 1, 2014, 5:00 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium.;UA 1.5MM; UA Lifetime Gold (whoppee); DL Plat
Le Parc Trocadero: four/five times a year for us.....love the neighborhood..one of our younger friends in Paris told me that I like the neighborhood because it is for "old perverts." So, if you are an old (or young) "pervert" (said with French accent on first syllable), you'll love this hotel and neighborhood!
Old Mar 1, 2014, 11:18 pm

Programs: Marriott lifetime Titanium, Delta Platinum
Originally Posted by boss315
Le Parc Trocadero: four/five times a year for us.....love the neighborhood..one of our younger friends in Paris told me that I like the neighborhood because it is for "old perverts."
Having stayed at the hotel and having walked through the very nice neighborhood, I have no idea what your young friend had in mind by his/her description. Do you?
Old Mar 11, 2014, 2:21 pm

Computers in the Rive Guache Executive Lounge?

I know when I was there last there were computers in the lounge, but it's been about 18 months and I wondered if anyone knew if they were still around.

I am heading to the hotel next week and will need access to close out my Girl Scout Cookie Sale duties. Just about everything else can be done on my ipad, but this site isn't working on it. I did load another browser that supports flash and it works but it's not ideal so if I could access a real computer for an hour or so that would make my life much easier! If I know they don't have computers I may break down and take the laptop.

Thanks for any feedback.
Old Mar 19, 2014, 1:49 pm

Marriott-family hotels in Paris, France

Just an update. There are still computers in the Executive Lounge if the Rive Guache. (I am not using them I wound up bringing my laptop)

My 7 night stay(1 night paid, 6 reward ) was upgraded to a Junior Suite. Overall I still like this hotel. They always treat me well
Old Mar 19, 2014, 6:40 pm

1 category 8, 1 is 9

Old Mar 19, 2014, 6:59 pm

Programs: UA GS 1MM, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by ecgz88
1 category 8, 1 is 9

Both will be category 9 starting next month.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.