Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Paris, France

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 9, 2018, 7:26 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hhoope01
This thread refers to the various Marriott brands within a specific geographic area. Marriott Bonvoy hotels in XX usually have posts asking which property is better, etc. Trip reports are usually better suited in the property specific threads.
Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Paris, France

Search this Thread

Old Jul 13, 2015, 12:23 am

Programs: AA EXP, United PS, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Titanium, Wyndham Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Amtrak
I have a 7-night stay coming up at the Paris CE. Checking in on the 25th to see the final stage of the Tour de France on the 26th.

I can almost guarantee that none of the wheelchair accessible rooms will be on the CE view side, so I'm hoping they haven't rented out the restaurant or lounge that looks over the CE. Worst case, I'll view it from the street.

Looking forward to reporting back on my experience.
Old Jul 13, 2015, 7:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
Marriott Champs Élysées would definitely be my last choice in Paris.
Old Jul 13, 2015, 8:20 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by nicolas75
Which other Marriott would you choose to watch the final stage of the Tour de France that overlooks the route? The poster you seemed to be responding to had a specific reason for choosing that property.

Cheers.
Old Jul 13, 2015, 4:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
Which other Marriott would you choose to watch the final stage of the Tour de France that overlooks the route? The poster you seemed to be responding to had a specific reason for choosing that property.

Cheers.
1. Considering a street view room is given, I am not quite sure that you can see that much with the trees on the Champs Elysées.

2. The very final stage is between Concorde and Rond Point des Champs Elysées (the hotel is 600 meters ahead the final line).

3. It must be a real nightmare to get in and out of the hotel during the Tour

4. There are so many more interesting places than the Champs Élysées tourist trap to visit in Paris.
http://www.cntraveler.com/galleries/...to-do-in-paris
Old Jul 13, 2015, 6:46 pm

1. Considering a street view room is given, I am not quite sure that you can see that much with the trees on the Champs Elysées.

2. The very final stage is between Concorde and Rond Point des Champs Elysées (the hotel is 600 meters ahead the final line).

3. It must be a real nightmare to get in and out of the hotel during the Tour

4. There are so many more interesting places than the Champs Élysées tourist trap to visit in Paris.
Shrug. You haven't answered the question. Which Marriott specifically other than CE has a view of the final stage of the TdF? If there is one, then please post it. Otherwise,talk to the hand. He's here for a specific. Reason, not the general run around gay paree and been there done that.

Cheers
Old Jul 14, 2015, 2:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Duplicate post

Last edited by nicolas75; Jul 14, 2015 at 2:33 am
Old Jul 14, 2015, 2:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Shrug. You haven't answered the question. Which Marriott specifically other than CE has a view of the final stage of the TdF? If there is one, then please post it. Otherwise,talk to the hand. He's here for a specific. Reason, not the general run around gay paree and been there done that.
Please note that my first post
was not specifically linked to the Tour de France, but hotel location in general.

Still, as I said it, I am not quite sure that you can see anything from the hotel room with the trees on the avenue.

I am quite sure that Renaissance Paris Le Parc Trocadero or Vendôme , for example, might give you a more Parisian feeling for location.
Old Jul 14, 2015, 7:09 am

Programs: BA Gold, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by aamilesslave
When I stayed at the Ambassador, there was no attendant. Just use your key to enter...so shouldn't matter how many guests in your family. I found the lounge and breakfast very basic...just a way to start your day.

I certainly saw large families in the lounge over the weekend, but they did check room numbers at the door for the 5:30 pm drinks/food. They also had a sign posted in the lounge saying they would charge 25 Euros a person for extra people, but I am assuming that means if you want to bring a friend (not someone staying in your room).

And an update:
* Paris / Marriott Opera Ambassador / OPEN; choice of Full breakfast in restaurant on weekends (at least for PLATS); key accessible for soft drinks/coffee until midnight; 07/15 update
Old Jul 14, 2015, 9:18 am

Programs: DL 2MM, Marriott LTT, Hilton Gold, United Silver
We stayed at the CE for the final stage of the Tour a couple of years ago (on points, no less). While I would definitely choose a different location for a visit to Paris, to see the Tour, there is no better location. Walk out the front door (pretty sure you wouldn't see the street from the rooms due to trees and vast throngs of people) and you are there. This avoids the massive congestion on both the streets and Metro.
Old Jul 14, 2015, 10:28 am

Please note that my first post
was not specifically linked to the Tour de France, but hotel location in general.
True, but you posted it would be your last choice & that was it. No reason why, no context in that post; not even a mention of location. Someone could have said it was their first choice & without context or additional information, the statement wouldn't have had much value either.

Cheers.
Old Jul 14, 2015, 12:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

True, but you posted it would be your last choice & that was it. No reason why, no context in that post; not even a mention of location. Someone could have said it was their first choice & without context or additional information, the statement wouldn't have had much value either.

Cheers.
Then I do hope that my further explanations and the links
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/de...-in-Paris.html
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/fodors...b_6938896.html
might help to enlighten my first post
Old Jul 14, 2015, 12:39 pm

Or perhaps you could state why YOU wouldn't consider it your first choice, whether it be location, service from the staff, what the exec lounge is like, how they treat Marriott elites, do they offer upgrades, etc. You know, the type of information that FTers look for from other FTers

Cheers.
Old Jul 14, 2015, 9:18 pm

Some of these 'Don'ts' are conceitedly misleading. It is your FIRST TIME in Paris. Walk along the world's famous avenue Champs Elysees, take the Seine river cruise, visit the Louvre, see the Mona Lisa, go up the Eiffel tower, shop at Galeries Lafayette and Printemps, have lunch at at least one world known restaurant, e.g. La Tour d'Argent.. etc. etc.

Then you can do the 'Dont's' the second time in Paris. Or the third, fourth, fifth ...... .
Old Jul 14, 2015, 10:28 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Originally Posted by ConciergeBrandon
Some of these 'Don'ts' are conceitedly misleading. It is your FIRST TIME in Paris. Walk along the world's famous avenue Champs Elysees, take the Seine river cruise, visit the Louvre, see the Mona Lisa, go up the Eiffel tower, shop at Galeries Lafayette and Printemps, have lunch at at least one world known restaurant, e.g. La Tour d'Argent.. etc. etc.

Then you can do the 'Dont's' the second time in Paris. Or the third, fourth, fifth ...... .
+1.
Old Jul 15, 2015, 12:38 am

Originally Posted by ConciergeBrandon

About the one thing that I would say is an absolute don't is to go to the Eiffel tower without a ticket before you go. The waits can be hours, whereas ours with a ticket was about 15 minutes.
And I think everyone should walk the Champs Elyees at least once in their life.

And if you go at Xmas time, that changes everything.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.