Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Maria Isabel, Mexico City [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sheraton Maria Isabel, Mexico City [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 2, 2014, 10:37 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum, MVP Gold 75K, HH Gold
Email for GM?

Does anyone have the email address for GM Antonio Torres? Thanks in advance.
Old Jan 2, 2014, 11:53 pm

Originally Posted by morerainplease
Does anyone have the email address for GM Antonio Torres? Thanks in advance.
Correction: It looks like the current GM is Jean-Marc Janod. Again, if anyone can provide his email contact I would appreciate it. Thanks.
Old Feb 26, 2014, 9:12 pm

I just completed a 9 night leisure stay with family. I contacted the hotel in advance and received an upgrade to a corner suite with a wonderful view of El Ángel de la Independencia. We had lots of room and the lounge was better than expected as well (a few dishes seemed warmed over, but there were plenty of tasty options each morning and evening). I can't disagree with others that the rooms need some attention (updates or all out renovation is in order). But the service (very good) and location (a pretty easy walk to Chapultepec) are hard to beat.
Old Aug 31, 2014, 3:19 am

Programs: BA - Gold for Life, CCR & GGL; IC Spire Elite Ambassador; Diamond Hilton Honors; Hyatt Discoverist
I will be staying at the hotel later this year for a 10 day business trip. I will be SPG Gold by then.

I was going to write to the hotel and give then my SPG number etc and ask for a quiet room etc Any recommendations as to how I can make my stay as comfortable as possible and what upgrade might I get?

Also, I have booked a Business Deluxe room rather than the Classic option, although it seems to be smaller (30sqm vs 32sqm). Was this a good choice?

Thanks in advance.
Old Aug 31, 2014, 6:53 pm
abk

Programs: AA LT Plat/8.1mm now with 1350 miles left in my account and proud of it.. SPG LT Titanium.
I see you are a top tier at IC. Maybe you should look at the Intercontinental in Polanco. Much better location and I think a better hotel. The Maria Isabel is a big commercial hotel on a busy street. I have stayed there many times as a Platinum and never received a suite although I do get a nice welcome gift and access to the club lounge. The reason to stay here is usually price and not much else.
Old Sep 1, 2014, 8:39 am

Programs: BA - Gold for Life, CCR & GGL; IC Spire Elite Ambassador; Diamond Hilton Honors; Hyatt Discoverist
Thanks abk.

Company travel policy is pushing me towards this hotel or the Marriott Reforma.

The Sheraton deal includes free wifi.

Tripadvisor reviews are not too encouraging. Will not expect too much, even with my Gold card.
Old Sep 1, 2014, 9:31 am

Programs: United GS, Fairmont Platinum,SPG LTPlat, Hilton Diamond, MarriottGold..like the rest of the world
Well, as a long time, Plat, I can tell you that I've always been treated well here. Yes, it's an old property -- I think the core of it was built around 1963, with the top 3 or 4 floors added around 1968 or thereabouts. It's a super busy hotel, that's for sure.

I was here maybe 6 weeks ago and was lucky enough to get a corner suite with a fabulous view of the Angel of Independence right out my window -- perfect!

The Club Lounge is solid -- one comped alcoholic drink each night and a substantial spread for both evenings and mornings.

Yes, this hotel isn't in Polanco, but that's okay. Not everyone who goes to MEX wants to feel as if they're in Beverly Hills or Paris. This hotel is very centrally located if one is there to enjoy the broader city offerings and use this location as a central base.
Old Sep 2, 2014, 1:43 pm

Thanks sbtinme.

Will come back with some detailed feedback after my stay.
Old Oct 19, 2014, 2:10 pm

Stayed here last week for four nights.

No status as Amex have not yet arranged my Gold status, after quite a few weeks... Annoying but no surprise there.

Had a small standard room (described as a Business Deluxe -but little idea of what made it so) on the 10th floor (1033). Quiet although it was next to a service corridor - heard a bit of chatting occasionally

Room was fine for my short stay. A/C was very loud, however. Internet wad fine and was included in my rate.

The breakfast on the 2nd floor was fine and calmer than the Manhattan Deli on the ground floor.

Was changed 50% for a 6pm check out, which was fine.

I found the staff very pleasant and helpful.
Old Feb 26, 2015, 8:54 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum
Any recents reviews? Are the renovated rooms nice? Will be heading there early next week.
Old May 19, 2015, 5:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Does this hotel still maintain separate "towers" accommodations? The description page says so but I don't find anything bookable as such.
Old Jun 27, 2017, 2:35 pm

Reviving this 2yo thread.

Traveling to SMI shortly and am bewildered by the room choices.

Below are the King Bed choices, from cheapest ($90) to most expensive ($237), and a portion of the blurb provided by SPG (the hotel website is worse, using canned verbiage for most all rooms):

1. Classic, 312sf/29sm, standard city view
2. Business Deluxe, 301sf/28sm, free access to fitness center
3. Business Deluxe, 344sf/32sm, free access to fitness center
4. Deluxe Junior Suite, 595sf/55sm, plasma TV
5. Club Executive, 301sf/28sm, club lounge, butler service
6. Club Suite, 527sf/49sm, club lounge, butler service
7. Business Corner Suite, 700sf/65sm, living room with sofa, 2 full bath
8. Club Room, 344sf/32ms, club lounge, butler service
9. Club Junior Suite, 592sf/55sm, club lounge, butler service
10. Club Corner Suite, 700sf/65ms, club lounge, butler service

Questions:
• Are all of these refurbished rooms, and if not, which are not?

• Is #5 simply #2 on a lounge floor (and similarly #8 a #3 and #9 a #4)?

• What is “Butler service?”

• Why is #4 both cheaper ($60) and larger than #6 (Club lounge + Butler?)

• I’m currently booked into #3, what are folks’ experience in Platinum upgrade (all room types currently bookable)?

• From what I can tell I would opt for #4 over #5, #6, #8. (I would have Club access with Platinum; are the club floors and Butler a big deal?)

Thanks for all your help
Old Jun 27, 2017, 3:01 pm

Programs: *A Gold, OW Sapphire, SPG Gold, HH Diamond, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by fj58
Questions:
&#8 226; Are all of these refurbished rooms, and if not, which are not?

&#8 226; Is #5 simply #2 on a lounge floor (and similarly #8 a #3 and #9 a #4 )?

&#8 226; What is &#8 220;Butler service?&#8 221;

&#8 226; Why is #4 both cheaper ($60) and larger than #6 (Club lounge + Butler?)

&#8 226; I&#8 217;m currently booked into #3 , what are folks&#8 217; experience in Platinum upgrade (all room types currently bookable)?

&#8 226; From what I can tell I would opt for #4 over #5 , #6 , #8 . (I would have Club access with Platinum; are the club floors and Butler a big deal?)

Thanks for all your help
This property does a great job pre-assigning rooms to customers based on their previous experiences. If you mention having enjoyed a given room/configuraton/upgrade you should expect it next time you are staying at this property.

You ought to have already been assigned an upgrade; Be honest and straight forward... if given a club room, state you prefer a suite in a non-club floor, which has been my case, as I prefer a much larger area, with two rooms in fact.

Butler service means you may get woke up by a butler, with coffee.tea, croissant, etc, etc and entitled to all the butler ammenities; Also a nice desert in the evenings, though, in my case, I recall having received it even in the non-club floor - however unsure if it is general procedure for all Platinum guests.

Being the first time at this property do ask to have the "Angel View", ideally from a higher floor - priceless for any first-timer - Though some suites face the embassy from lower floors, which is rather annoying for a newcomer. First-world issues, you have to decide on, prior to checking in !

Cheers
Old Jun 27, 2017, 3:24 pm

Programs: *A Gold, OW Sapphire, SPG Gold, HH Diamond, Accor Plat
fj58,

Last, but not least, due to your being a Plat member and first stay in CDMX, I would personally suggest you write and let Sheraton Maria Isabel aware of your preferences, in advance, regarding views, suites, etc

They do a magnificent job of preparing rooms way in advance for their elite customers, as they tend to be rather busy, thus expecting last minute changes during checkin, eventually at late hours, might mean that all the best rooms may have already been occupied or preassigned, even among Gold elite customers.

Improve your odds by planning in advance and letting them be part of the decision.
Old Jun 27, 2017, 4:58 pm

Programs: DL PM 0.5MM, Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Gold, SPG Plat, Marriott Gold, Avis PC, National EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by fj58
Reviving this 2yo thread.

Thanks for all your help
Stayed here in mid-May for a week. Booked the cheapest classic double. Got upgraded into corner executive suite with view of the Angel. Basically, this is a two bedroom with one room being exclusively a living room.

Now I was in MEX for a week so I did some hotel hopping with this property and Le Meridien + got points for BRG for finding a lower rate on despegar. At the Sheraton, not all rooms are equally renovated in the bathroom. I got to sample 3 different rooms at Sheraton. The classic room had an upgraded bathroom with a shower handle whereas my corner suites had a traditional hot and cold knobs.

As a plat member, the butler team delivered guac, chips, salsa, and two bottles of beer as a check-in gift in addition to choosing points as the amenity.

Club floors are higher up. Great views if you can get the club floor especially facing the Angel. Breakfast does change slightly daily and its very good. Evening drinks is limited to 1 per person for free if I recall correctly.

Hope that helps!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.