Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

AC Bella Sky Copenhagen Denmark [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 15, 2016, 9:38 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: CPH-Flyer
From posts in the thread:

* Parking fee not waived - no public parking anywhere near the hotel
* Gym is free but you have to pay for the spa
* You do have to reserve the shuttle back to CPH ( from reception).
* Shuttle from airport leaves on the 20s/50s; from the hotel it leaves on the 30s/60s. Takes 15-20 minutes

* 5 minute walk to metro; metro to downtown is 10 minutes
* the airport shuttle is no longer offered. The public transport option is to take a train towards Copenhagen that stops at Ørestad station (second stop). Be aware they don't all stop there. And then change to the metro for two stops. The longer option is to take the metro from the airport to Christianshavn, and then change to the opposite platform to towards Vest Amager, and get off at Bella Center.

Category 6.

Hotel website:

http://www.marriott.com/hotels/trave...ky-copenhagen/
Print Wikipost

AC Bella Sky Copenhagen Denmark [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 9, 2019, 8:23 am
Suspended
Marriott 25+ BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by jamesie_version1
it seems more akin to an Autograph property to me; just without the service and the massive size.
I think the service expectations are a major element for what sets the AC brand apart from the better premium brands like Autograph and those others I've already mentioned. The sizes vary.
Old Oct 31, 2019, 2:44 am

Programs: Virtuoso Luxury Travel Agent; Bonvoy Titanium Elite; Hilton Diamond
I stay here quite often for work. I think the hotel is fine, and definitely one of the better hotel options in Scandinavia. Pillows at the hotel are terrible, but overall the hard product is great. I am almost always upgraded to one of the suites upon asking, as a Titanium member.
Old Jun 13, 2023, 6:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Before you book a stay here, and especially an award stay, consider this terrible experience by another Flyertalker:

Points stay: invalid certificate per front desk; demand cash rate payment if not reso

I personally would probably avoid any property that behaves as described in that thread.
Repooc17 likes this.
Old Jun 13, 2023, 9:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by notquiteaff
Before you book a stay here, and especially an award stay, consider this terrible experience by another Flyertalker:

Points stay: invalid certificate per front desk; demand cash rate payment if not reso

I personally would probably avoid any property that behaves as described in that thread.
I stay at this hotel quite a bit, both for points and cash. It is kind of my home when I am in Copenhagen. I have always found them to be rather on the accommodating and flexible side of customer requests, and weird bookings. Then again I had never had the certificates for my point bookings fail to appear.

I don't know exactly what transpired in this case, and why it spiralled this much out of control. But I am not going to change my bookings based on one case. But I'd be curious to see if there will be more cases coming.
Old Jun 25, 2023, 3:24 pm
Formerly known as tireman77

Looked at some posts and it jumps back to pre-Covid so I'll post. Apologies if this hase been covered.

I just saw a trip report and it indicates an Airport Shuttle. I don't see that on the website. Can someone confirm is there is a hotel shuttle and if so, is there a coat?

Thanks in advance
Old Jun 25, 2023, 4:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by PLeblond
Looked at some posts and it jumps back to pre-Covid so I'll post. Apologies if this hase been covered.

I just saw a trip report and it indicates an Airport Shuttle. I don't see that on the website. Can someone confirm is there is a hotel shuttle and if so, is there a coat?

Thanks in advance
The airport shutrle does not have exist anymore. Either taxi or take the mainline trains two stops to Ørestad and change to the metro there. Make sure to get the right train, as not all trains stop at Ørestad. It is about a 5 minute walk from the station to the hotel. The hotel is not on the metro line from the airport.
Old Jun 25, 2023, 4:26 pm

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
The airport shutrle does not have exist anymore. Either taxi or take the mainline trains two stops to Ørestad and change to the metro there. Make sure to get the right train, as not all trains stop at Ørestad. It is about a 5 minute walk from the station to the hotel. The hotel is not on the metro line from the airport.
So for a 22 hour layover in CPH, would you suggest the ease of the Airport Choice, or the Bella Sky?
Old Jun 25, 2023, 5:42 pm

So for a 22 hour layover in CPH, would you suggest the ease of the Airport Choice, or the Bella Sky?
IME, either choose the airport hotel or somewhere downtown. Airport would allow you to put all your belongings on arrival and be downtown in 15 minutes or so on the metro on a single line.

AC Bella is out of the way transportation wise.

then again it also may depend on your 22hour period. If 9am to 7am, for sure at the airport.
Old Jun 25, 2023, 6:37 pm

Originally Posted by myperks
IME, either choose the airport hotel or somewhere downtown. Airport would allow you to put all your belongings on arrival and be downtown in 15 minutes or so on the metro on a single line.

AC Bella is out of the way transportation wise.

then again it also may depend on your 22hour period. If 9am to 7am, for sure at the airport.
10:15 arrival 8:25 departure. So sounds like my plan A for airport hotel is the better option. Thank you again.
Old Jun 25, 2023, 11:46 pm

Programs: Aeroplan; Marriott Platinum; IHG Platinum; Best Western Diamond
Originally Posted by notquiteaff

That sounds like a really bad experience at this hotel. We booked at this hotel for 3 nights on points at the end of Sept. I hope we won't have any problems there.
Old Jun 26, 2023, 9:37 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
10:15 arrival 8:25 departure. So sounds like my plan A for airport hotel is the better option. Thank you again.
I recently did a stay at the Comfort CPH and check-in gave me the best room they could for when I booked the room and showed up. Even then, somethings about it are just so to not my liking that I’m willing to pay double to stay at the Clarion CPH instead of it.

I wouldn’t consider the AC Bella if it was my choice for a one night stay nested between a morning arrival into CPH and a next morning CPH departure — unless having some other reason to stay at or closer to the AC Bella.

Holte

Last edited by GUWonder; Jun 27, 2023 at 8:15 am
Old Apr 17, 2024, 3:58 am

Programs: BA Silver (OW Sapphire), A3 Gold (*G), Bonvoy LTTE, HHonors Diamond, LeClubAccor Silver, UA Silver
Can anyone with a recent stay clarify the current situation with elite breakfast benefit? What's the breakfast buffet price and how much is offset by the vouchers?

Last edited by RafKa; Apr 17, 2024 at 4:11 am
Old Apr 17, 2024, 4:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by RafKa
Can anyone with a recent stay clarify the current situation with elite breakfast benefit? What's there breakfast buffet price and how much is offset by the vouchers?
10 USD per guest in the room per day as elite F&B benefit. 165dkk for the buffet, which comes to around 25 USD per person
RafKa likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.