Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

AC Bella Sky Copenhagen Denmark [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 15, 2016, 9:38 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: CPH-Flyer
From posts in the thread:

* Parking fee not waived - no public parking anywhere near the hotel
* Gym is free but you have to pay for the spa
* You do have to reserve the shuttle back to CPH ( from reception).
* Shuttle from airport leaves on the 20s/50s; from the hotel it leaves on the 30s/60s. Takes 15-20 minutes

* 5 minute walk to metro; metro to downtown is 10 minutes
* the airport shuttle is no longer offered. The public transport option is to take a train towards Copenhagen that stops at Ørestad station (second stop). Be aware they don't all stop there. And then change to the metro for two stops. The longer option is to take the metro from the airport to Christianshavn, and then change to the opposite platform to towards Vest Amager, and get off at Bella Center.

Category 6.

Hotel website:

http://www.marriott.com/hotels/trave...ky-copenhagen/
Print Wikipost

AC Bella Sky Copenhagen Denmark [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 16, 2018, 5:08 pm

Programs: United Member, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Gold
Am booked for 2 rooms as Marriott Gold and hoping to get free breakfast for both.

Any new updates if Marriott Golds are getting free breakfasts? And what are the chances of getting breakfast for both?
Old Mar 16, 2018, 5:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by WaterLilinyc
Am booked for 2 rooms as Marriott Gold and hoping to get free breakfast for both.

Any new updates if Marriott Golds are getting free breakfasts? And what are the chances of getting breakfast for both?
I was there for 11 nights in February as a platinum. No free breakfast.
Old Mar 16, 2018, 5:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
Was there twice in December and had to pay for breakfast.

Will be there again soon. Will report back.
Old Mar 17, 2018, 9:20 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
At least most times this year, this hotel does not provide included breakfast to Marriott Platinums. That said, it doesn't hurt to ask if they will toss it in for a stay.
Old Mar 17, 2018, 4:04 pm

How late does metro from downtown run back to hotel? Will likely stay out until 9-10 most nights including Sunday
Old Mar 17, 2018, 4:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by joetro
How late does metro from downtown run back to hotel? Will likely stay out until 9-10 most nights including Sunday
It runs 24/7 though getting to 20 minutes intervals at certain times There a sometimes a stop of 30 to 60 minutes for maintenance, usually after 1am.. Also longer interruptions for maintenance but then there will be buses instead.
Old Mar 20, 2018, 11:59 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Have removed the property from the exec lounge sticky since it no longer provides free brekkie to Plats.

Cheers.
Old Apr 2, 2018, 12:59 pm

Thanks for all the DPs re: breakfast. Now that the pattern trends to definitively no breakfast for elites-- can someone comment on whether breakfast itself is worth paying cash for or if there are additional options outside the hotel? Not familiar with the area and visiting for the first time. Thank you!
Old Apr 2, 2018, 1:01 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum (3MM), QF Lifetime Gold, Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum, Ex-Hyatt Diamond
It's an excellent breakfast with tables and tables of hot and cold foods.

I was able to get comped Plat breakfast, but was told it was an "exception."

​​
Old Apr 2, 2018, 5:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by coffee18
Thanks for all the DPs re: breakfast. Now that the pattern trends to definitively no breakfast for elites-- can someone comment on whether breakfast itself is worth paying cash for or if there are additional options outside the hotel? Not familiar with the area and visiting for the first time. Thank you!
Depending on the uplift for the breakfast. I find the daily payment at the restaurant of 180 DKK steep, but then again I rarely have a big breakfast Try to ask at check in if they can give you a better rate by adding it to the booking.
coffee18 likes this.
Old Apr 2, 2018, 5:26 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum (3MM), QF Lifetime Gold, Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum, Ex-Hyatt Diamond
It's a big breakfast. This is primarily a business hotel due to it's location in a business park, outside of the city, and it seemed to me that most people there were on business, and I suspect their company was paying for the breakfast in the rate or otherwise.

I do think the hotel rate incl breakfast was less than the add on charge at the restaurant.
coffee18 likes this.
Old Apr 4, 2018, 11:41 am

Thanks for the DPs. There's not really any takeaway places in immediate vicinity of the convention center, correct? I'd probably do breakfast at the hotel at least once-- pics on TripAdvisor looks pretty good.
Old Apr 4, 2018, 12:31 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Plat, SAS Eurobonus Silver, Connect Miles Gold, Marriott Lifetime Plat, Hyatt Disc.
Originally Posted by coffee18
Thanks for the DPs. There's not really any takeaway places in immediate vicinity of the convention center, correct? I'd probably do breakfast at the hotel at least once-- pics on TripAdvisor looks pretty good.
Correct.
Old Apr 22, 2018, 7:54 pm

If I'm taking the train from Malmo to CPH, how exactly do I catch the shuttle to the hotel itself?
Old Apr 22, 2018, 8:01 pm

Originally Posted by joetro
If I'm taking the train from Malmo to CPH, how exactly do I catch the shuttle to the hotel itself?
I don't know where the train arrives. I arrived at the International terminal and then had to walk fairly far and long to the other terminal where the shuttles were. The shuttle runs every half hour on the 8 (10/20 -- ask the hotel) hotel.

Having missed the shuttle by 5-10 mins, I found a collection of other guests and we shared a taxi among 4 of us, quick and cheap.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.