Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

AC Bella Sky Copenhagen Denmark [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 15, 2016, 9:38 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: CPH-Flyer
From posts in the thread:

* Parking fee not waived - no public parking anywhere near the hotel
* Gym is free but you have to pay for the spa
* You do have to reserve the shuttle back to CPH ( from reception).
* Shuttle from airport leaves on the 20s/50s; from the hotel it leaves on the 30s/60s. Takes 15-20 minutes

* 5 minute walk to metro; metro to downtown is 10 minutes
* the airport shuttle is no longer offered. The public transport option is to take a train towards Copenhagen that stops at Ørestad station (second stop). Be aware they don't all stop there. And then change to the metro for two stops. The longer option is to take the metro from the airport to Christianshavn, and then change to the opposite platform to towards Vest Amager, and get off at Bella Center.

Category 6.

Hotel website:

http://www.marriott.com/hotels/trave...ky-copenhagen/
Print Wikipost

AC Bella Sky Copenhagen Denmark [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 22, 2019, 8:31 pm

Are suite night awards not useable here? I just made a reservation and wanted to apply one but I don’t see the option. I looked at the rules for suite Nights and didn’t see AC listed as excluded brand, but maybe I missed it.
Old Jul 22, 2019, 8:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by Chellyx
Are suite night awards not useable here? I just made a reservation and wanted to apply one but I don’t see the option. I looked at the rules for suite Nights and didn’t see AC listed as excluded brand, but maybe I missed it.
Last I looked at my upcoming booking at Bella Sky, I could apply SNAs. Let me check again.
Old Jul 23, 2019, 2:28 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
Are suite night awards not useable here?
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
Last I looked at my upcoming booking at Bella Sky, I could apply SNAs. Let me check again.
Seems doable for my upcoming booking
Old Jul 23, 2019, 2:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by escape4
Seems doable for my upcoming booking
I can still request an SNA for my coming stay
Old Jul 23, 2019, 9:14 am

What?? That is so weird, I just tried on the website and in the app and neither offer the option. On the website it doesn't say anything about them at all, and in the app it says they're not available on this reservation - the same message I see when i have a booking somewhere like an aloft. This is my first year using suite nights, is there black out dates on them?
Old Jul 23, 2019, 3:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

What?? That is so weird, I just tried on the website and in the app and neither offer the option. On the website it doesn't say anything about them at all, and in the app it says they're not available on this reservation - the same message I see when i have a booking somewhere like an aloft. This is my first year using suite nights, is there black out dates on them?
Bella Sky does not really have proper suites, so don't be too disappointed that you can't use your SNA here. I would never apply an SNA for Bella Sky, that's not a negative about the hotel and rooms as such, just a view that I don't think I get enough benefit from an SNA here
Old Jul 23, 2019, 8:21 pm

How are the upgrades usually? I'm back and forth on if I would use it if able anyway. Im considering it because 1. i still have SNAs and not sure if we would have a lot of travel planned for the rest of the year, and 2. were in CPH to get married.
Old Jul 24, 2019, 12:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

How are the upgrades usually? I'm back and forth on if I would use it if able anyway. Im considering it because 1. i still have SNAs and not sure if we would have a lot of travel planned for the rest of the year, and 2. were in CPH to get married.
It will be an upgrade in to a corner room, called a junior suite. It is a bigger room, that has space for a sofa and a coffee table. It is still just one room, living space and bed in the same room

1. There is still a lot of the year left to use SNAs
2. Find a very nice hotel to do an extra honeymoon weekend break in, and use the SNA for that. Your wedding is probably going to be super busy, and you will not really have time to enjoy the upgrade.
Old Jul 24, 2019, 8:34 am

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
It will be an upgrade in to a corner room, called a junior suite. It is a bigger room, that has space for a sofa and a coffee table. It is still just one room, living space and bed in the same room

1. There is still a lot of the year left to use SNAs
2. Find a very nice hotel to do an extra honeymoon weekend break in, and use the SNA for that. Your wedding is probably going to be super busy, and you will not really have time to enjoy the upgrade.

thanks for the tip
Old Aug 10, 2019, 1:37 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
A brief review of my stay.

Not much of an upgrade - from Larger Standard to Larger Standard City View. This was despite suites being available at check in. Duty Manager explained that they keep these rooms for upselling which isn’t promising for Elites.

The options at check in were points, $10 per day credit for F&B or drinks vouchers. I went for the drinks vouchers but they could only be used at the lobby bar and only house wine (60 DKK), small beer or soft drinks allowed. Next time I’d just go for the F&B credit as they may give 2 if you book for 2 (I got 2 drinks vouchers).

Breakfast was included but just like the post above from June 2015 I had to go down to reception and show them my email to prove it. The duty manager had to correct it.

They no longer give out breakfast vouchers like they used to.

The breakfast itself is in a massive restaurant on 1st floor - it wasn’t a separate area for Elites. A good selection of hot and cold items including sausages, bacon, scrambled egg, Serrano ham, other cold meats, salad, 4 types of cheese, cereals, fruit, carrot cake, waffles, bread, a gluten-free corner and juices, coffee machine etc.

Room hadn’t been cleaned by 6 pm so I just requested water as it was too late. It took 2 more calls and 8:20 pm to get the water.

It is 5 mins walk to nearest Metro, one stop or 20 mins to nearest shopping centre Fields (KFC, Burger King, some nice buffet restaurants and supermarket). To the city it’s 5 stops and 24 DKK. I walked it and got the train back - 50 minutes through the "fields" that you see from your room. It’s actually a pleasant walk with many people walking their dogs, running and good exercise too!

Don’t expect too much if you stay here but if it’s around 1000DKK per night then it’s good value despite the issues I faced.

Last edited by yorkboy24; Aug 11, 2019 at 12:08 pm
Old Aug 11, 2019, 10:42 am

Originally Posted by yorkboy24
Not much of an upgrade - from Larger Standard to Larger Standard City View. This was despite suites being available at check in. Duty Manager explained that they keep these rooms for upselling which isn’t promising for Elites.

This is not appropriate regarding upgrades

Breakfast benefit seems to be stingy but at least it's aligned with the rules. Shame on them for trying to weasel out of giving it to you as you were entitled to it
Old Aug 11, 2019, 11:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Breakfast benefit seems to be stingy but at least it's aligned with the rules. Shame on them for trying to weasel out of giving it to you as you were entitled to it
They are generally good with assigning me the bigger corner rooms and junior suites. I don't know if it is because I go there reasonably frequently, I am lucky, or it is a Titanium (old Marriott Plat then PP) thing.
Old Aug 25, 2019, 2:08 pm
Suspended
Marriott 25+ BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold

It is more than appropriate for a hotel to hold back its very top rooms/suites; most often my acceptable rule of thumb is the top 5%. In this case, the hotel has a whopping 792 total rooms and a mere 19 suites (2.4%). So there is nothing wrong or inappropriate with this massive hotel not including any of its suites in its standard suite upgrade pool. (No one is surprised when a St Regis or Ritz-Carlton doesn't give away its top suites for upgrades, but everyone conveniently forgets that the average luxury hotel has 15-20% of its rooms as suites!)

Also, I'd expect a hotel like this to be a bit more willing to budge (though there's still no guarantee or entitlement) for an Ambassador or perhaps even a Titanium guest. But Platinum guests likely are a dime a dozen at such a monstrously big hotel. #thetruthsometimeshurts
Old Aug 26, 2019, 1:10 am

Originally Posted by bhrubin
It is more than appropriate for a hotel to hold back its very top rooms/suites; most often my acceptable rule of thumb is the top 5%. In this case, the hotel has a whopping 792 total rooms and a mere 19 suites (2.4%). So there is nothing wrong or inappropriate with this massive hotel not including any of its suites in its standard suite upgrade pool.
Thanks I was not aware of this ratio - I was simply relying on the label "junior suite" which normally means they should be part of the upgrade pool. If it's 19 to 792 then in that case it's not so unreasonable indeed that they do not make such suites available for upgrades very often.
Old Aug 26, 2019, 7:33 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
I disagree. They can restrict the types of suites available in the pool, but junior suites are likely in it. If not then there is a brand standard issue.

if they don’t have many suites, likely it’s because they wouldn’t sell many suites to their target market, and in practice.

Upon checkin they are available but not being offered because maybe they will sell it? Any hotel can use that argument. They should operate within the Ts and Cs. Marriott can easily modify the Ts and Cs if they need to.

i

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.