Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

AC Bella Sky Copenhagen Denmark [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 15, 2016, 9:38 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: CPH-Flyer
From posts in the thread:

* Parking fee not waived - no public parking anywhere near the hotel
* Gym is free but you have to pay for the spa
* You do have to reserve the shuttle back to CPH ( from reception).
* Shuttle from airport leaves on the 20s/50s; from the hotel it leaves on the 30s/60s. Takes 15-20 minutes

* 5 minute walk to metro; metro to downtown is 10 minutes
* the airport shuttle is no longer offered. The public transport option is to take a train towards Copenhagen that stops at Ørestad station (second stop). Be aware they don't all stop there. And then change to the metro for two stops. The longer option is to take the metro from the airport to Christianshavn, and then change to the opposite platform to towards Vest Amager, and get off at Bella Center.

Category 6.

Hotel website:

http://www.marriott.com/hotels/trave...ky-copenhagen/
Print Wikipost

AC Bella Sky Copenhagen Denmark [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 22, 2018, 8:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by joetro
If I'm taking the train from Malmo to CPH, how exactly do I catch the shuttle to the hotel itself?
You could also continue to Ørestad Station, next stop from the airport, switch the to Metro to Bella Center, and walk about 5 minutes to the hotel. Depending the walkability of your luggage of course.
Old Apr 22, 2018, 9:06 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum (3MM), QF Lifetime Gold, Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum, Ex-Hyatt Diamond
Yes, I agree it's an easy walk w 1 rolling bad and a briefcase from the "subway" (actually overhead rail at some time)...I would say 5-7 mins. I did it multiple times without luggage .

I didn't understands the subway system. There are no turnstyles. You can walk off and on for free. There are roving inspectors who will give you a steep fine if you don't have a ticket .

It took me a few times to understand this system .
Old Apr 23, 2018, 8:47 am
pvn
Suspended

Programs: Starbucks Green Card
... ....

Last edited by pvn; Apr 23, 2018 at 8:48 am Reason: (misunderstoood previous message)
Old Apr 24, 2018, 9:22 am

Programs: Flying Blue Plat, SAS Eurobonus Silver, Connect Miles Gold, Marriott Lifetime Plat, Hyatt Disc.
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
You could also continue to Ørestad Station, next stop from the airport, switch the to Metro to Bella Center, and walk about 5 minutes to the hotel. Depending the walkability of your luggage of course.
Actually Øresund Station is two stops from the airport. First stop is Tårnby. Just to avoid sending poor tourists venturing on the outskirts of Amager
Old May 2, 2018, 4:02 pm

On the hotel website, their CPH airport shuttle costs DKK 15, is that still current? Their website also states the service operates from 6:00-23:00 daily. However, I just called the hotel and was told the shuttle runs till 22:15.

In any case, my flight doesn't arrive till 23:25, so I'll take a taxi, which, according to the front desk, should cost DKK 150-170 without traffic. Does that sound about right?

BTW, I asked about Gold/Platinum benefits and was told that there is no lounge or breakfast benefits, only room upgrade upon availability.
Old May 2, 2018, 4:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by sfvoyage
On the hotel website, their CPH airport shuttle costs DKK 15, is that still current? Their website also states the service operates from 6:00-23:00 daily. However, I just called the hotel and was told the shuttle runs till 22:15.

In any case, my flight doesn't arrive till 23:25, so I'll take a taxi, which, according to the front desk, should cost DKK 150-170 without traffic. Does that sound about right?

BTW, I asked about Gold/Platinum benefits and was told that there is no lounge or breakfast benefits, only room upgrade upon availability.
The price for the shuttle is still current. I have not seen the schedule recently, as I mostly take a taxi from the airport. ​​​150 to 170 DKK sounds right for a taxi in the evening with limited traffic.

That follows my experiences as platinum.
Old May 9, 2018, 7:39 pm

I was pleasantly surprised. Stayed here for five days on points recently, a steal for the value and cent-per-points. The hotel was modern and really unique, with a nice lobby. As a silver, I was upgraded to a corner room on the top floor, which was lovely. Good amenities in the shower and bath and a very comfortable bed. Quite spacious by European standards. Shuttle was very convenient and cheap, and the location was close to town on the Metro.
Old Jun 26, 2018, 4:45 pm

renting bathrobe?

I just emailed this hotel to ask if they provide slippers and bathrobes. They replied yes for slippers but no for bathrobes, adding, however, that I can rent a bathrobe from their SPA at a cost of 150dkk.

Is this true? In my several decades of global travels, I must admit this is the first time I've ever been offered to rent a bathrobe at a supposedly upscale hotel. Or perhaps I have a total misunderstanding of the brand image and standards of AC hotels. (I have never stayed with them before.) I have a couple of non-refundable reservations at this hotel next month, and now I can't help but be a tad concerned about what to expect (and not to expect). I had thought the AC brand was a trendy and upscale one, but now I think I must be mistaken.

Any insight about this particular property (in regards to this particular concern) or the AC brand in general? (I am Gold with Marriott.)
Old Jun 26, 2018, 6:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I just emailed this hotel to ask if they provide slippers and bathrobes. They replied yes for slippers but no for bathrobes, adding, however, that I can rent a bathrobe from their SPA at a cost of 150dkk.

Is this true? In my several decades of global travels, I must admit this is the first time I've ever been offered to rent a bathrobe at a supposedly upscale hotel. Or perhaps I have a total misunderstanding of the brand image and standards of AC hotels. (I have never stayed with them before.) I have a couple of non-refundable reservations at this hotel next month, and now I can't help but be a tad concerned about what to expect (and not to expect). I had thought the AC brand was a trendy and upscale one, but now I think I must be mistaken.

Any insight about this particular property (in regards to this particular concern) or the AC brand in general? (I am Gold with Marriott.)
AC by Marriott is not an upscale brand, it is closer to trendy design version of a Courtyard.

It is a decent hotel, I like to stay there for the location/price combination. But it is not a full service property.

There is no lounge, and the Gold/Platinum recognition is mainly upgrade to a nicer room, and a welcome drink woucher or points as platinum welcome amenity. There is no official breakfast benefit for Cold/Plat, though it has been known to happen for Plat. Not sure what happens after August 1st under the combined program Will figure that out next time I stay there..
Old Jun 27, 2018, 2:44 am

AC by Marriott is not an upscale brand, it is closer to trendy design version of a Courtyard.
Thanks for your explanations about AC by Marriott and the CPH property in particular. Interesting and informative that you compared it to a Courtyard, of which I have some familiarity, primarily in Asia (HK, Tokyo & Bangkok), which I found more than adequate and compare favorably to some "upscale" - although not premium or luxury, of course - hotels.

I do understand that Courtyard international properties are in general much nicer than their US counterparts, and now I wonder if that only applies to Courtyard properties in Asia, and not necessarily in Europe, and particularly not in Scandinavia? The reason for this conjecture is due to some comments I've read on flyertalk about the lackluster level of hospitality in Scandinavian hotels. My past experience with Scandinavian hotels (from 3 to 5 star) seems to support those assertions.

In any case, I am encouraged by your favorable impressions of the AC Bella Sky in CPH. Hopefully my stay will be fine, although I will not pay to rent their bathrobe...
Old Jun 27, 2018, 3:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thanks for your explanations about AC by Marriott and the CPH property in particular. Interesting and informative that you compared it to a Courtyard, of which I have some familiarity, primarily in Asia (HK, Tokyo & Bangkok), which I found more than adequate and compare favorably to some "upscale" - although not premium or luxury, of course - hotels.

I do understand that Courtyard international properties are in general much nicer than their US counterparts, and now I wonder if that only applies to Courtyard properties in Asia, and not necessarily in Europe, and particularly not in Scandinavia? The reason for this conjecture is due to some comments I've read on flyertalk about the lackluster level of hospitality in Scandinavian hotels. My past experience with Scandinavian hotels (from 3 to 5 star) seems to support those assertions.

In any case, I am encouraged by your favorable impressions of the AC Bella Sky in CPH. Hopefully my stay will be fine, although I will not pay to rent their bathrobe...
Scandinavian hotel service does leave something to be desired, especially if you compare to Asia. Don't think Asian Courtyard, but more think European Courtyard in my comparison. Bit also not US Courtyard.

If there are no events at the convention centre, if find it really good value for the price in Copenhagen. It is a young and fairly relaxed team working at the hotel,so you will not get very formal service, but I generally find the service fine.
Old Jul 28, 2018, 2:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Back here for two nights.

I guess in anticipation of the new benefits from the joint program, the front desk gave me breakfast vouchers for each morning It just says Marriott elite members in them, but I guess in line with the new designations, it will only be for Platinum members

Duoer crowded at the hotel, cruise passengers and cancellations of SK flights yesterday is keeping the place pretty full.
Old Jul 28, 2018, 12:23 pm

It is a young and fairly relaxed team working at the hotel,so you will not get very formal service, but I generally find the service fine.
Back here for two nights.

I guess in anticipation of the new benefits from the joint program, the front desk gave me breakfast vouchers for each morning It just says Marriott elite members in them, but I guess in line with the new designations, it will only be for Platinum members

Duoer crowded at the hotel, cruise passengers and cancellations of SK flights yesterday is keeping the place pretty full.
I just had a 3-night stay there a few days ago, and you're so right - it's a very young team. Everyone I've seen must have been in their 20's. In fact, I can't recall any other hotel I've every stayed worldwide with this staff demographics. I wonder if they don't want any adult supervision.

The service was friendly and overall satisfactory. Every day, several big tour groups from Taiwan arrived late at night, but they were well-behaved and relatively quiet and did not cause any negative impact. There were also always flight crew (Austrian, Iberia, etc.) staying there every day.

I was not offered any breakfast vouchers (and I didn't ask for them), but I'm only Gold. However, they offered elites free access to their Aqua Spa during July/August (?), which was nice.
Old Jul 29, 2018, 9:43 am

Programs: NZ*G ELT, VA-G
I was there last week and specifically asked about the free breakfast for Platinum but the answer was they were not a full service hotel like other Marriott hotels and if there were changes coming they hadn't been notified.
Old Jul 29, 2018, 10:17 am
pvn
Suspended

Programs: Starbucks Green Card
I wonder what their definition of "full service hotel" is. They have an onsite restaurant, multiple bars, conference facilities, etc. Seems pretty full service to me.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.