Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Atlantis, Bahamas an Autograph Collection [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 21, 2014, 12:08 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: RedSun
Good details in this post: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/30029755-post302.html

The Atlantis is made up of 4 towers that will participate for redemption stays. They are as follows:

Atlantis, Beach Tower - Do not participate in Marriott reward booking(?) (old Category 7)
Atlantis, Coral Towers - New Category 5 (35k) (old Category 8 (from March, 2018 https://www.marriott.com/marriott-rewards/use/category-update.mi)
Atlantis, Royal Towers - New Category 6 (50k) (old Category 8)
The Cove Atlantis - New Category 7 (60k) (old Category 9)

Apparently, you cannot redeem points for a stay at The Reef Atlantis, but you can earn points on a paid stay there.

Points are earned for room rate only. No points on incidental spend. Platinum Arrival Gift (PAG) is 500pts or food/drink amenity. $20 internet fee* is NOT waived for Gold/Plats per Marriott's T&Cs. For rooms that will have more than two people aged twelve or over, there is an "additional adult charge" per person. *For Royal, Coral, Beach Towers, internet is included as part of the daily resort fee of $50.

"For clarification purposes, the daily charge is not a resort fee. The additional charges associated with the stay currently include mandatory gratuities and a utility service fee per person per day. The amount can vary by unit type by building. These additional charges have always been in place at Atlantis."

ADDITIONAL CHARGES:

Guests of Atlantis, Harborside Resort, The Cove and The Reef Atlantis are subject to an 20% charge per night that includes taxes, the Paradise Island Tourism and Development Association levy, the Nassau Paradise Island Promotion Board levy and compensation for servicing your reservation. In addition, guests will be required to pay a mandatory gratuity and utility service fee of (i) up to $25.95 per person per day depending on unit type for Atlantis guests, (ii) up to $20.70 per person per day depending on unit type for Harborside Resort guests, and (iii) up to $65.95 per person per day depending on unit type for The Cove or The Reef Atlantis guests. If you purchase a pre-paid package these charges are already included in your package price. If you do not purchase a pre-paid package, these charges will be assessed upon check out at the property. Please be advised that all mandatory gratuities, taxes, levies and service fees are subject to change.

As of 01-Jan-2015, In addition to the previous 20% tax on room rate and purchases, there is an additional VAT of 7.5%, 12%* (as of July 1, 2018), making a total tax on room rate and purchases of 37.5%. This also applies to additional adult fees (for more than two person ages 12 and older staying in the same room), but does not apply to the mandatory gratuity and utility fees. https://thenassauguardian.com/2018/05/30/vat-hike-to-12-percent/
*If you booked prior to the VAT increase, you should be able to have the original 7.5% VAT honored. https://thenassauguardian.com/2018/06/07/hotels-and-resorts-allowed-to-honor-prior-bookings-at-7-5-vat/

Atlantis, Paradise Island, Bahamas participates in Marriott Rewards as follows:
- Points or Miles may be earned for reservations booked through www.marriott.com/atlantis or by calling 1-855-696-4732.
- Points or Miles will not be earned and Points cannot be redeemed for reservations booked through Atlantis Paradise Vacations, Atlantis.com, or AtlantisBahamas.com.
- Reward booking can be done online from Marriott website. You can also book stays with points advance (borrow points). The cancellation policy is normally 14 days in advance. Points may be redeemed for stays only by calling 1-855-696-4732. At this time, redemption stays cannot be booked online.
Print Wikipost

Atlantis, Bahamas an Autograph Collection [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 16, 2014, 11:05 am
Original Poster

Programs: MVCI, MRP
Originally Posted by iztok
What Elite benefits will I receive at Atlantis?

Marriott Rewards Elite Members who book a stay will receive benefits by level when staying at Atlantis. Please note in our Elite Member Terms & Conditions: A valid member number is required at the time of reservation in order to receive Elite benefits. While we will do everything we can to deliver upon Elite Benefits at all times, certain Elite benefits may not apply.
Can we be less specific? Seriously, if P/PP books Cat7, and Cat9 is available for the duration of the stay, will they be upgraded to Cat9?
Originally Posted by hhoope01
I'm thinking that would generally be a no. This is based on each Tower being treated as a different hotel rather than it being one hotel which requires upgrade certs for the higher category Towers.
I agree about each tower being a separate hotel so upgrades will only be given within the same hotel/tower that's originally booked.

But I interpreted that quote a little bit differently, more as a reminder that certain Elite benefits won't be given unless your MR Number is attached to the reservation at booking (or maybe anytime prior to check-in?) For example, it stands to reason that if your Number hasn't been attached and you're Plat, they won't know that you should be offered an Arrival Gift and you won't be eligible to invoke the Guarantee if they don't.

It normally goes without saying, of course, but maybe they think they had to say it because there are MR Members who made reservations prior to 10/16?

Or I could just be all wrong here.
Old Oct 16, 2014, 11:27 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
The CommunityManager on Insiders is checking to see if the Atlantis properties are considered resort.

Cheers.
Old Oct 16, 2014, 11:39 am

Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
Is Atlantis a resort & is there a resort fee at the property that includes i-net? If so, that minimizes any Gold bennies.

Cheers.
Yes, Atlantis is a resort, so I would assume things normally excluded from and charged for at Marriott resorts will be deleted/added here too.
Old Oct 16, 2014, 12:04 pm
Original Poster

Programs: MVCI, MRP
Originally Posted by CPRich
... They have such a wide range of rooms, I wonder if they'll offer different buildings at different award levels.
Now we know who to blame.
Old Oct 16, 2014, 1:01 pm

Atlantis is 100% a resort. Terrible you don't get points for spend on property. Everything at Atlantis costs 2x as much as you can expect in most other places.

Staying at the COVE on a high dollar weekend (thanksgiving was 750 last time I looked) is a good use of points. If not using points here doesn't make a lot of sense.

The most important question is what is their resort fee, what does it include and can platinums opt out?

Reason I say this is SJU properties now charge a 20% resort fee. Yes 20% of your total nightly stay. So using a reward cert IN sju makes a lot of sense as it save the room rate PLUS 20%.

Last edited by jr1202sr; Oct 16, 2014 at 1:11 pm
Old Oct 16, 2014, 3:39 pm

Programs: LTP, PP
Correct me if I am wrong but wasn't there speculation they joined MR because of new competition and possible financial hardship? If continuing on with the same ownership, can one be reasonably assured that they will welcome the new hordes of point stayers with the bare minimum required?
Old Oct 16, 2014, 7:33 pm

Programs: MR PP, DL PM
I just booked a five night award stay at the Cove during spring break. I calculated my costs if I had paid $$ and it comes out to $797.48 per night including taxes. IMHO 180k points and $335.40 in taxes is a great price!
Old Oct 16, 2014, 7:55 pm

Originally Posted by coreygaby1
I just booked a five night award stay at the Cove during spring break. I calculated my costs if I had paid $$ and it comes out to $797.48 per night including taxes. IMHO 180k points and $335.40 in taxes is a great price!
That is a great use of points. Would you have paid $800 per night in cash otherwise? I've never been, is it really worth that much? Might be tempting...
Old Oct 16, 2014, 9:04 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite, Delta Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by coreygaby1
Thx for the note. I'll have to look into this hotel as it looks incredible.
Old Oct 19, 2014, 1:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
wife is at the hotel right now. No upgrade, no brekkie, just free internet. Well, better than nothing .,.. we'll see how the point business works out ... stay is 10/18 through 10/25.
They actually have NO TRAINING about MR at all, they had to call Marriott several times when she asked about benis. Hope this will change soon.
Old Oct 19, 2014, 3:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM-3MM United Gold-MM Marriott Lifetime Titanium Hertz President's Circle
Apparently, you cannot redeem points for a stay at the Reef, but you can earn points on a paid stay there.

Good grief, they could not have made this more complicated. And the place really isn't worth all the trouble, in my opinion.

Bruce
Old Oct 20, 2014, 12:18 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by bdschobel
Apparently, you cannot redeem points for a stay at the Reef, but you can earn points on a paid stay there.

Good grief, they could not have made this more complicated. And the place really isn't worth all the trouble, in my opinion.

Bruce
Yeah, I just heard that & was going to post. You beat me to it.

Cheers.
Old Oct 20, 2014, 1:33 pm

Originally Posted by cfischer
wife is at the hotel right now. No upgrade, no brekkie, just free internet. Well, better than nothing .,.. we'll see how the point business works out ... stay is 10/18 through 10/25.
They actually have NO TRAINING about MR at all, they had to call Marriott several times when she asked about benis. Hope this will change soon.
Have her please ask if she can get the resort charges removed for being elite? Prob won't work, but someone was eventually going to ask in this thread (this has been asked a bazillion times for the HI props).
Old Oct 20, 2014, 4:28 pm

Programs: UA Aluminum 0.6MM, Bonvoy Life Sentence, Hyatt Eliteist, AA Super Plutonium
Originally Posted by jr1202sr
The most important question is what is their resort fee, what does it include and can platinums opt out?

Reason I say this is SJU properties now charge a 20% resort fee. Yes 20% of your total nightly stay. So using a reward cert IN sju makes a lot of sense as it save the room rate PLUS 20%.
Yeah,except that they are starting to catch on to that. For example, The RC San Juan now charges a flat $45 a night resort fee on point stays.
Old Oct 20, 2014, 6:51 pm

I'm sure these are "off peak" and come-on rates but it would silly to blow these category of points if even remotely available:

http://www.familyvacationcritic.com/...8&hotelID=1907
From $99/Nt. & More at Atlantis
Provided by: Beach Tower at Atlantis

Head to the Bahamas and stay at the luxurious Atlantis Resort -- rates start from just $99 per night at the Beach Tower at Atlantis!

Book the Fall Into Savings promotion or the December to Remember promotion and enjoy rates from just $99 per night. Plus, kids under 12 will eat for free from the kids' menu for both breakfast and dinner when with a paying adult. And you'll also enjoy free water park access.

Rates start from $99 per night. Book by Oct. 28, for stays now through Dec. 19, 2014.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.