FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Atlantis, Bahamas an Autograph Collection [Master Thread]
Old Oct 16, 2014, 11:05 am
SueDonJ

Programs: MVCI, MRP
Originally Posted by iztok
What Elite benefits will I receive at Atlantis?

Marriott Rewards Elite Members who book a stay will receive benefits by level when staying at Atlantis. Please note in our Elite Member Terms & Conditions: A valid member number is required at the time of reservation in order to receive Elite benefits. While we will do everything we can to deliver upon Elite Benefits at all times, certain Elite benefits may not apply.
Can we be less specific? Seriously, if P/PP books Cat7, and Cat9 is available for the duration of the stay, will they be upgraded to Cat9?
Originally Posted by hhoope01
I'm thinking that would generally be a no. This is based on each Tower being treated as a different hotel rather than it being one hotel which requires upgrade certs for the higher category Towers.
I agree about each tower being a separate hotel so upgrades will only be given within the same hotel/tower that's originally booked.

But I interpreted that quote a little bit differently, more as a reminder that certain Elite benefits won't be given unless your MR Number is attached to the reservation at booking (or maybe anytime prior to check-in?) For example, it stands to reason that if your Number hasn't been attached and you're Plat, they won't know that you should be offered an Arrival Gift and you won't be eligible to invoke the Guarantee if they don't.

It normally goes without saying, of course, but maybe they think they had to say it because there are MR Members who made reservations prior to 10/16?

Or I could just be all wrong here.