Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Excelsior Hotel Gallia, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Milan, Italy [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 6, 2021, 3:27 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: dgreen12
Per post #139, email addresses for this hotel are:
Print Wikipost

Excelsior Hotel Gallia, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Milan, Italy [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 22, 2023, 9:22 am

We stayed here recently and I concur with Elevator's review above. The hotel itself is a really cool building, the breakfast is fantastic, and the staff / check-in were wonderful. The rooms are full of fun bells and whistles but some could use some serious maintenance. Among other things, we had a giant orange stain in the middle of our carpet which I thought was odd. Upon mentioning it we were offered 5000 points... Normally I would have requested to change rooms at check-in but we were just crashing for one night. Otherwise I would expect better for $550/nt.

The view from our "upgraded" plaza-facing room on the top floor was almost non-existent. There was one tiny window that you couldn't see out from the bed. The room felt windowless. This seems to be a product of the age of the building itself though, which is, again, super neat and centrally located.
Old Jul 14, 2023, 11:35 am

Programs: AA ExPlat, Marriott Titanium, HH Diamond
Forgive me if this was answered upthread, but does the hotel still offer the free Maserati transport around the city?
Old Oct 4, 2023, 11:24 am

Programs: Hilton Honors, Marriott Bonvoy, Accor, Hyatt, (Former IHG Ambassador)
Does this hotel have an executive club lounge ?
Old Oct 4, 2023, 12:06 pm

Programs: MB Ambassador, WOH Globalist, HH Diamond (Aspire), AA Gold, UA (*G) Gold
Originally Posted by est-gratuite
Not that I was made known of.
Old Oct 8, 2023, 2:02 pm

Programs: AA EXP; BoNVoY Tit LTP
Originally Posted by est-gratuite
No.
Old Dec 8, 2023, 4:53 pm

Stayed here one night this week after 2 nights at the Centric.

this hotel looked grand from the outside but the interior is a mix of old school and reno of the marble and mirrors and dark tones in the hallway. Not sure how to explain it. The grand staircase is very nice.

upgraded to a renovated excelsior king room but asked if I can have a suite and was put into a king suite on the 3rd floor but was told it is not AS renovated. For only one night, shouldn’t be too bad. The hotel appeared to be split because the historic building and the contemporary building next door and all connected inside. The hallway seems to enjoy a dark theme and doors have metal plates against it, kinda like a hospital door and metal kick plates to prevent dents.

the suite was relatively large (compared to my suite at the centric). Large separate sitting area with sofa and work desk. Bed area has a gigantic king size bed (must be larger than king). The bathroom had a soaking tub and walk in shower with a steam machine. Room has seen better days. Headboards are peeling but not very noticeable unless you really look at it. Carpets have some stains. The bed, pillows, and comforters appeared to be fresh and new and was extremely comfortable.

breakfast was served in the ground floor restaurant. This was an elite welcome amenity. A decent selection of buffet stuff and a la carte dishes. Service was great.

the best part of the hotel is the fitness and wellness center on the top floor. Large fitness center, indoor heated pool and spa, sauna, steam room, relaxation room, and snack area was awesome for the outside temperature was freezing.

Overall a good stay. Feels a little expensive for the room they were offering. 50k points or $450 euros.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.