Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Excelsior Hotel Gallia, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Milan, Italy [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 6, 2021, 3:27 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: dgreen12
Per post #139, email addresses for this hotel are:
Print Wikipost

Excelsior Hotel Gallia, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Milan, Italy [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 27, 2021, 5:14 pm

Originally Posted by WasKnown
Thx. Is there a spa/was it open? Was there parking nearby?

Like you booked 3 different suites for each night or they they offered it?

… Anyone know if this hotel has branded stuffed animals lol
asked to move because of maintenance issues with the rooms
WasKnown likes this.
Old Jul 27, 2021, 5:17 pm

Originally Posted by WasKnown
Thx. Is there a spa/was it open? Was there parking nearby?

Like you booked 3 different suites for each night or they they offered it?

… Anyone know if this hotel has branded stuffed animals lol

not sure about the spa or branded stuffed animals. Paid 50 euros a night for valet parking with in/out privileges. I was told there’s 25 euro parking behind the building but didnt bother or ask if they had in/out.
WasKnown likes this.
Old Jul 28, 2021, 11:43 am

Programs: AA EXP; BoNVoY Tit LTP
Originally Posted by dingo
Was there earlier this month for two nights. Good stay. Good upgrade as a titanium. I really love this hotel except for the location in relation to the city center. It’s amazing if you’re doing anything with the train. The car service was not operating. Breakfast up Upstairs and could order anything. The buffet stuff was meh especially having just left the gritti. If you’re going to go up to the terrace for drinks in the afternoon or evening make reservations. We saw them turn several guests of the hotel away and we were turned away as well. The lobby lounge and restaurant on the main level were closed. Terrace and fancy restaurant on top level were it. Amazing service at this hotel. We ended up eating room service two nights. The service was awesome and prompt and the risotto was a hit.

on prepaying for breakfast agree with lost above. That said, check the aaa rates. If you’re not a member you might be able to pay for that membership with one stay at a hotel like this and they often have breakfast included rates as well.

Thanks, heading there for a week (more or less) in late September and hoping it continues to open up.
Old Aug 1, 2021, 11:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Any recommendations on car service? Both to Como as well as to Milan from MXP...TIA.
Old Aug 1, 2021, 1:40 pm

Originally Posted by UA-NYC
Any recommendations on car service? Both to Como as well as to Milan from MXP...TIA.
best to rent a cwr
Old Aug 29, 2021, 7:49 pm

- the hotel is right next to the train station. It's a 50min ride from the airport MXP T1 (EUR13). Uber/taxi is EUR100 each way
- it's a really nice hotel, with lots of character. There's a vintage section on the right hand side, and a modern one on the left (with floor to ceiling windows)
- i unfortunately stayed in the modern section, but got a really nice upgrade
- if needed, they'll arrange a COVID test, but it's expensive. There's a few pharmacies around where you can get one for EUR40
- the breakfast/dinner area is on the rooftop, with a nice panoramic view. Breakfast is a buffet, but you can order a la carte items
Old Aug 29, 2021, 10:20 pm

Location: Bangkok, Thailand. No longer Palm Coast, FL though still exiled, again, from the Bay Area.
Programs: Only the good ones
Originally Posted by UA-NYC
The train from Milan to Como takes about 45 minutes. From there, there are ferries that stop at the various towns and villages along the lake that I've used as the drive can be expensive and long, especially all the way to Bellagio. I usually rent a car at MXP only when I'm going to stay around the lakes especially Stresa, though I have rented in Milan as there were many rental car agencies, majors and local, that are conveniently located in the cneter. Getting out of Milan can be a challenge though so hopefully Google Maps will help.

Last edited by rbAA; Aug 29, 2021 at 10:36 pm
Old Sep 4, 2021, 7:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Had a nice two day (points) stay this week - SNAs cleared(!) 5 days out(!!) to an Atelier Suite (different from poster above, think this was a higher tier than Signature, was higher priced at least). Suite also looked very different from the above photos - two full rooms connected by a hallway in essence. 1.5 bathrooms always appreciated too. A/C was nice and powerful.

Good full breakfast at the hotel restaurant, no questions asked. Hot food cooked to order + a buffet served to you by an attendant.

Gym was good - had to make a reservation, limited capacity. As diligent as Italy is w/mask-wearing indoors, none of the guests in the gym exercising wore one, which was funny.

Great to see a legacy Starwood Luxury Collection property still going strong!
Kacee and Radiation Station like this.
Old Sep 4, 2021, 8:42 am

Originally Posted by randomdude
- the hotel is right next to the train station.
- if needed, they'll arrange a COVID test, but it's expensive. There's a few pharmacies around where you can get one for EUR40

There's a free COVID testing site in front of the station, thus the line is long every morning when walking by.
Old Sep 26, 2021, 6:22 am

Got here a few days ago for the first time in 18 months (after having been a 4-5X per year visitor). A number of familiar faces are gone (many left when the hotel was largely closed last year) and breakfast is still lovely even with the covid protocol. Mask-wearing seems a bit haphazard and no one seems to take their temperature at the little kiosk in the lobby.
WasKnown likes this.
Old Oct 20, 2021, 8:20 pm

Just booked a room here for my late November/December trip and found a promo of 30% off on a stay 3 days or longer, which is really quite a deal.
Old Oct 30, 2021, 3:54 am

Programs: BA.GGL/SK.D/AFKL.Ulti
Hello everyone - some notes on my one night stay last week.

Was titanium at time of stay and used an SNA to upgrade to an Atelier Suite. Was allocated room 444, a spacious and long suite without any views, but was more than adequate for my stay.
They had a bottle of Ferrari waiting along with many bottles of water and some Italian baked goods - a nice start.
The suite felt a bit like a dentist office in that the flooring was mostly bright white tiles, but the finishes were of an exceptional quality.
Breakfast is back in their main restaurant on the lobby level - a large staffed buffet and some made to order dishes available.
Was a good stay overall - would stay again if I needed a centrally located property close to Centrale and the Milanese Metro.
Old May 8, 2022, 6:29 am

Programs: AA PLAT 2MM, MR TITANIUM 2M, HH DIA, Hyatt EXP, BW DIA, IC AMB, IHG PLAT, UA GLD
any recent updates?
Old May 9, 2022, 4:04 am

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, Qatar Privilege Club Silver
I was there for three nights at the end of April. I had booked an apartment and two rooms, all three upgraded without using the SNA (panoramic suite-signature suite). Everything in the hotel works, breakfast is buffet + hot dishes are ordered from the waiter. The rooftop restaurant and bar are also open. There were a lot of people in the hotel, as well as in Milan itself. Overall an excellent stay ...
Old May 9, 2022, 12:17 pm

Programs: AA PLAT 2MM, MR TITANIUM 2M, HH DIA, Hyatt EXP, BW DIA, IC AMB, IHG PLAT, UA GLD
Originally Posted by Kara5930
I was there for three nights at the end of April. I had booked an apartment and two rooms, all three upgraded without using the SNA (panoramic suite-signature suite). Everything in the hotel works, breakfast is buffet + hot dishes are ordered from the waiter. The rooftop restaurant and bar are also open. There were a lot of people in the hotel, as well as in Milan itself. Overall an excellent stay ...
Thanks. I have an award stay (adding 15,000 points) later this week and did use an SNA. Today they confirmed Atelier upgrade. Happy about that as that SNA is expiring 6/30 and I dont anticipate anywhere else to use.
Looking forward to a night of luxury.
Thanks for the info.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.