Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

The Bacara Ritz-Carlton, Santa Barbara, CA [Master Thread]

The Bacara Ritz-Carlton, Santa Barbara, CA [Master Thread]

Old Jun 23, 2017, 7:56 pm
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Santa Barbara, CA, Park City, UT
Programs: AA EXP, Delta Plat, Marriott Plat,Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat
Posts: 886
The Bacara Ritz-Carlton, Santa Barbara, CA [Master Thread]

Anyone have any info on this? I've heard from an employee this is in "escrow". I'd heard it was on the block awhile ago but first I've heard this. I belong to their club, like a health club membership, which is fantastic. I also have many patients from the business, for many years. They've been bought and sold so many times but yet employees have remained pretty constant. I'd like to keep the pts I have and even better yet get some of the ones opting for a crummy HMO.

At least if it happens and turns out a positive it will probably mean it stays in ownership longer. Maybe. I'm not sure with Marriott, do they typical own hotels or just manage like many other hotels
Jonesdds is offline  
Old Jun 24, 2017, 8:58 am
  #2  
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: AGS, CAE, ATL
Programs: Delta PM 2MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Posts: 511
Originally Posted by Jonesdds
Anyone have any info on this? I've heard from an employee this is in "escrow". I'd heard it was on the block awhile ago but first I've heard this. I belong to their club, like a health club membership, which is fantastic. I also have many patients from the business, for many years. They've been bought and sold so many times but yet employees have remained pretty constant. I'd like to keep the pts I have and even better yet get some of the ones opting for a crummy HMO.

At least if it happens and turns out a positive it will probably mean it stays in ownership longer. Maybe. I'm not sure with Marriott, do they typical own hotels or just manage like many other hotels
It would be great to finally have a Marriott to go to in SB.
Intl359Widget likes this.
danola is offline  
Old Jun 24, 2017, 9:20 am
  #3  
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Posts: 70,858
If it's true, sounds like it will be an Autograph Collection.

Cheers.
SkiAdcock is offline  
Old Jun 24, 2017, 3:02 pm
  #4  
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: SLC/HEL/Anywhere with a Beach
Programs: Marriott Ambassador; AA EXP 3MM; AS MVP, Hilton Gold, CH-47/UH-60/C-23/C-130 VET
Posts: 5,234
Originally Posted by Jonesdds

At least if it happens and turns out a positive it will probably mean it stays in ownership longer. Maybe. I'm not sure with Marriott, do they typical own hotels or just manage like many other hotels
Marriott very rarely owns hotels.

I see things in the news that the current owner of the property is seeking to sell it. Seems to me that it almost certainly won't be Marriott buying it.

However, whoever buys the property might decide that they want to sign a management or franchise contract with Marriott rather than run as an independent.
C17PSGR is offline  
Old Jun 24, 2017, 7:29 pm
  #5  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Santa Barbara, CA, Park City, UT
Programs: AA EXP, Delta Plat, Marriott Plat,Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat
Posts: 886
Originally Posted by C17PSGR
Marriott very rarely owns hotels.

I see things in the news that the current owner of the property is seeking to sell it. Seems to me that it almost certainly won't be Marriott buying it.

However, whoever buys the property might decide that they want to sign a management or franchise contract with Marriott rather than run as an independent.
Yes, that's what I thought. Marriotts the name that came up and the employee is pretty high up the Bacara food chain. Would a buyer typical contract before purchase with Marriott to manage and keep a low profile?

I was thinking Luxury Collection from Starwood but Autograph collection makes sense...
Jonesdds is offline  
Old Jun 25, 2017, 4:23 pm
  #6  
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: SLC/HEL/Anywhere with a Beach
Programs: Marriott Ambassador; AA EXP 3MM; AS MVP, Hilton Gold, CH-47/UH-60/C-23/C-130 VET
Posts: 5,234
Originally Posted by Jonesdds
Yes, that's what I thought. Marriotts the name that came up and the employee is pretty high up the Bacara food chain. Would a buyer typical contract before purchase with Marriott to manage and keep a low profile?

I was thinking Luxury Collection from Starwood but Autograph collection makes sense...

I presume a buyer would be financing and have to provide a viable business plan. I can certainly see a plan that includes an agreement with Marriott or another hotel company contingent on the deal closiing.
C17PSGR is offline  
Old Sep 13, 2017, 5:08 pm
  #7  
formerly htang333
Four Seasons Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Wi-Fi
Programs: Virtuoso, Top Ranked: Four Seasons (Top 25 Advisor), AMAN (Top 25), Rosewood, Hyatt Prive, etc.
Posts: 1,434
Sorry just to bump this quickly...

I just booked a corporate client of mine there for an event and Bacara will become a Ritz Carlton this fall.

Cheers!
SanDiego1K and bhrubin like this.
BESVISOR is offline  
Old Sep 13, 2017, 5:14 pm
  #8  
Community Director Emerita
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Anywhere warm
Posts: 33,611
Originally Posted by BESVISOR
I just booked a corporate client of mine there for an event and Bacara will become a Ritz Carlton this fall.
Here's an article about the move to Ritz Carlton.

Marriott, the owner of the Ritz-Carlton brand, has advertised job openings for several new positions on its website for the Bacara Ritz-Carlton, which the website said is being converted in September of 2017.

The 78-acre property features 360 rooms and suites, a 42,000-square-foot spa and wellness center and around 70,000 square feet of meeting space.
SanDiego1K is offline  
Old Sep 13, 2017, 8:20 pm
  #9  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Santa Barbara, CA, Park City, UT
Programs: AA EXP, Delta Plat, Marriott Plat,Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat
Posts: 886
I'm a club member at Bacara, it's set up like a gym membership with perks like discounts, parties and events, and free nights, dinners and cabana rentals annually. We've had two sales while a member with little change in staff and the membership.

As. A local dentist that sees a number of employees hopefully their benefit change brings in even more patients. I fear a lot of employee changes, though, meaning loss of some of my better pts.

So, hopefully not too much change, I'll be optimistic about this. Ritz Carlton is a weird choice I think, I'm anticipating major renovation yet again to bring it up to their standards....
Jonesdds is offline  
Old Sep 28, 2017, 8:07 am
  #10  
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Austin, TX
Programs: Delta DM, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Rewards Platinum Elite, Hyatt Globalist
Posts: 1,034
The Bacara Santa Barbara has officially transitioned to a Ritz Carlton.

'The Ritz-Carlton Bacara, Santa Barbara is a Tier 4 property in The Ritz-Carlton Rewards."

http://www.ritzcarlton.com/en/hotels.../santa-barbara
bcosinteno is offline  
Old Sep 28, 2017, 10:05 am
  #11  
Community Director Emerita
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Anywhere warm
Posts: 33,611
Originally Posted by bcosinteno
The Bacara Santa Barbara has officially transitioned to a Ritz Carlton.

'The Ritz-Carlton Bacara, Santa Barbara is a Tier 4 property in The Ritz-Carlton Rewards."

http://www.ritzcarlton.com/en/hotels.../santa-barbara
Thanks for the heads up. Rooms are available Christmas week.

Has anyone stayed here in its pre Ritz days? Any reports on rooms or public spaces?
SanDiego1K is offline  
Old Sep 28, 2017, 11:12 am
  #12  
formerly htang333
Four Seasons Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Wi-Fi
Programs: Virtuoso, Top Ranked: Four Seasons (Top 25 Advisor), AMAN (Top 25), Rosewood, Hyatt Prive, etc.
Posts: 1,434
Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
Thanks for the heads up. Rooms are available Christmas week.

Has anyone stayed here in its pre Ritz days? Any reports on rooms or public spaces?
I've not visited here but I did book a corporate group event for a client here last week and my clients visited prior to signing contract.

They really liked the resort overall. They liked the public and event spacing in addition to the rooms. Sorry, I know you're looking for more details but my clients just told me they loved it and felt it was a large resort that still felt cozy and intimate. I'm not sure if/when a refurbish would take place now that RC is official.

cheers,
SanDiego1K likes this.
BESVISOR is offline  
Old Oct 1, 2017, 4:47 pm
  #13  
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 23
Club Level???

Anyone know status of having club level rooms along with a club of course???
paulgcohen is offline  
Old Oct 1, 2017, 5:08 pm
  #14  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Santa Barbara, CA, Park City, UT
Programs: AA EXP, Delta Plat, Marriott Plat,Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat
Posts: 886
Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
Thanks for the heads up. Rooms are available Christmas week.

Has anyone stayed here in its pre Ritz days? Any reports on rooms or public spaces?
I've stayed there many times and as a member of their club use all the facilities on a regular basis. Gym is huge with good equipment/weight options. Three pools, very nice, beach is also a very short walk. Grounds are beautiful and there are hiking opportunities as well as it's pretty rural in the surrounding areas.

Rooms are pretty large, nice some have fireplaces. It's getting to the point of needing a refresh, they've done refreshes over the years but nothing too major. Restaurants are both good with great views from both, one is a steak house, the other a Bistro and also a pool shack that you can eat.
SanDiego1K likes this.
Jonesdds is offline  
Old Oct 1, 2017, 5:10 pm
  #15  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Santa Barbara, CA, Park City, UT
Programs: AA EXP, Delta Plat, Marriott Plat,Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat
Posts: 886
Originally Posted by paulgcohen
Anyone know status of having club level rooms along with a club of course???
No idea on this but I can't see them having one. Only 2-3 levels per building with a number of buildings that are not connected. I guess there could be a central location where they could have a club but can't see club level rooms given all the differences in the rooms and buildings.
Jonesdds is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.