Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Denver, Colorado

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Denver, Colorado

Search this Thread

Old Apr 20, 2007, 7:09 am

Programs: UA 1K
I'll be staying at the Residence Inn in Lakewood for business -- is there anything to do around the area? Just from looking at the map at how far away it is from downtown Denver, I'm assuming it is better to have a car for travels...

Anyone with thoughts on the property?
Old Apr 20, 2007, 11:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Sometimes known as [ARG:6 UNDEFINED]
Originally Posted by a330marcus
I'll be staying at the Residence Inn in Lakewood for business -- is there anything to do around the area? Just from looking at the map at how far away it is from downtown Denver, I'm assuming it is better to have a car for travels...

Anyone with thoughts on the property?
Congratulations! You have chosen the quintessential suburban property right off a freeway with absolutely nothing around it save perhaps for a restaurant or two. You will definitely need a car.

Any chance of simply booking downtown, like the new Residence Inn Denver City Center or even the TownePlace Suites Denver Downtown? Either would be much better for checking out the city.
Old Apr 20, 2007, 12:34 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by DenverBrian
Any chance of simply booking downtown, like the new Residence Inn Denver City Center or even the TownePlace Suites Denver Downtown? Either would be much better for checking out the city.
Well, I have meetings with clients just down the road from the hotel in Lakewood so it's more convenient for meeting them that way. I'll be sure to get out of the area with my car during my free time though!
Old Apr 21, 2007, 2:58 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, Marriott Platinum, AVIS First, National Emerald Club
Originally Posted by LAXGreg
I just wanted to second Dash's reviews. The JW in Cherry Creek and the Renaissance Flat Irons in Broomfield are both easily inthe top 10% of MR properties that I have stayed in. Both are highly recommended. Stay away from the Denver Renaissance though.
Yes to Renaissance Suites in FlatIron! Best hotel in the area and not far from downtown. Eat at Bloom in the mall across the street - half-price wine night every Tuesday (and they let you take the bottle with you!)

Downtown is 15 mins, Boulder is 5 mins.
Old Aug 14, 2007, 8:00 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Delta DM & 1MM, Hertz and Avis President's Circle
DTC Marriott and Park Meadow Marriott

I've been out here in Denver for 2 months now. I've stayed at the DTC Marriott and Park Meadows.

DTC Marriott:
Negatives: They have noisy in-the-window air conditioners that have only one setting on or off. They're controlled by in-wall thermostats but they're terribly noisy. The parking is stupid. Half the time the gates don't work. They do a lot of convention business there so you get groups like girls softball teams and the 10th MTN div reunion.

Positives: Location is not bad. Refrigerators in rooms. Decent concierge lounge with excellent late night cookies. I love the automatic Starbucks coffee machine in the CL. Put a cup down, press three buttons and the coffee is ground and brewed in 45 sec. The lounge still has a reference to the old Marquis Club by the front door. Staff is friendly and service oriented. Starbucks in lobby is large and well-stocked.

Park Meadows Marriott:
Negatives: Staff is mostly Korean. This seems to translate into a very pleasant staff but somewhat ignorant of normal procedures. Especially mornings in the CL. I've had to ask for utensils, they insist on using cocktail napkins instead of cloth ones, they do things like put coffee cups in holder rightside up so everyone has to handle the rims when they get a cup (yuck). The food is not always very fresh either. Menu in restaurant and room service is very frou-frou.

Positives: Nice decor, easy access to freeway. Close to Park Meadows Mall (a "shopping resort") and restaurants, entertainment which is just down the road. Bar has pool table and big screen plus a nice little patio outside with live entertainment. It's pretty lively for a hotel bar especially on Wednesday nights. I've also seen them do complimentary wine in lobby weekdays. Good air conditioning. Fairly quiet rooms even on the freeway side of the building. Free parking. Only 15 minutes from nice outlet mall (why I told my wife this little factoid I'll never know "Can you pick me up something from the Coach store, dear").

I stay at the Park Meadows whenever I can versus the DTC.
Old Aug 7, 2008, 10:27 am

Programs: Marriott Plat Premier/LT Plat; SPG Plat/LT Gold; Hilton Gold; Hyatt Plat
Denver Marriott City or the Renaissance Denver?

Which hotel is better?

Heard the Marriott one is closer to things to do

JW Marriott is not an option
Old Aug 7, 2008, 10:53 am

Programs: Marriott (Lifetime Titantium), whatever other programs as benefits make sense.
The Renaissance hotel is really far out. Very little to do there without a car. City Center is located in the to the quieter end of downtown and you could walk down to LoDo, but frankly I think the Courtyard is the best located hotel in downtown Denver. Close to LoDo and the strip of bars and restaurants along Market.

Of course, either the Marriott or the Courtyard probably charges a fair bit for parking, so that might play into your plans.

Edited to add: Oh, and the Courtyard is a very nice hotel. No lounge, but the rooms are quite big and well appointed.

Last edited by GregWTravels; Aug 7, 2008 at 10:55 am Reason: Clarification on which hotels charge for parking and adding nice words about Courtyard
Old Aug 7, 2008, 11:45 am

Programs: AA Gold, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by GregWTravels
The Renaissance hotel is really far out. Very little to do there without a car. City Center is located in the to the quieter end of downtown and you could walk down to LoDo, but frankly I think the Courtyard is the best located hotel in downtown Denver. Close to LoDo and the strip of bars and restaurants along Market.

Of course, either the Marriott or the Courtyard probably charges a fair bit for parking, so that might play into your plans.

Edited to add: Oh, and the Courtyard is a very nice hotel. No lounge, but the rooms are quite big and well appointed.
I don't usually chime in on the marriott forum but I had to one this one. the courtyard on 16th st is AWEFUL! The hotel lobby has a sewer smell which they try to cover up with a lot of deoderizers. My rooms were so old and outdated with furniture I think they stole from my dorm room in college. The only thing they had going for them was a very nice work out room.

The Marriott on california is great and well appointed. the rooms are comfortable and the Clounge has a great breakfast and small apps. People are very friendly and have great service skills. It is also a few blocks from the 16th st mall which is where everything is downtown.

I haven't stayed out at the Renaissance but I agree it is far from downtown and requires a car. I would seriously stay away from the Courtyard!
Old Aug 8, 2008, 10:29 am

Programs: MR LT Titanium, IHG Plat.,UA Premier Silver, & PA/OH Turnpike Million Miler
Originally Posted by wareagle98
I don't usually chime in on the marriott forum but I had to one this one. the courtyard on 16th st is AWEFUL! The hotel lobby has a sewer smell which they try to cover up with a lot of deoderizers. My rooms were so old and outdated with furniture I think they stole from my dorm room in college. The only thing they had going for them was a very nice work out room.
!
Are you sure you mean the CY Downtown? If so, I disagree with your assessment. I stayed at the CY Denver Downtown (934 16th Street) earlier this year. The rooms are nice with new furniture. The fitness center is very nice and better equipped than a typical CY. Unfortunately, this CY doesnt have neither a pool nor a whirlpool. The hotel has Starbucks and Rialto's restaurant on the lobby level. Breakfast was better than the normal CY but also a bit pricier. Location was great with easy access to the pedestrian mall and LoDo. I highly recommend this hotel. Since I haven't stayed at them, I can't comment on the other properties

--Jon
Old Aug 8, 2008, 9:16 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador; AA EXP 3MM; AS MVP, Hilton Gold, CH-47/UH-60/C-23/C-130 VET
I've stayed in both regularly. The Renn is an airport hotel near the old Denver airport which is now closed. Its had a very nice renovation and I think the rooms are now nicer at the Renn than at the Marriott City Center. It also often has better deals since its fairly big. On the other hand, the Marriott City Center is in a great location near the 16th Street Mall which has restaurants and a free shuttle. Its typically a little pricier and has a convention crowd.

If you're looking to be downtown, go with the City Center. If you're looking to drive around, go with the Renn.
Old Aug 10, 2008, 10:45 am

Programs: AA Gold, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Jon Maiman
Are you sure you mean the CY Downtown? If so, I disagree with your assessment. I stayed at the CY Denver Downtown (934 16th Street) earlier this year. The rooms are nice with new furniture. The fitness center is very nice and better equipped than a typical CY. Unfortunately, this CY doesnt have neither a pool nor a whirlpool. The hotel has Starbucks and Rialto's restaurant on the lobby level. Breakfast was better than the normal CY but also a bit pricier. Location was great with easy access to the pedestrian mall and LoDo. I highly recommend this hotel. Since I haven't stayed at them, I can't comment on the other properties

--Jon
Yes we are talking about the same CY. Maybe you have had different CY experiences. I guess I tend to stay in new CYs, but if you think the furniture is new then we should take a tour of other CYs :-) Actually after complaining to the manager I was told that yes the furniture is old and at the moment they are undergoing renovation to replace all the furniture - so again I can't understand where the 'new furniture' comment come from. In addition the drapes in the room didn't even cover the entire window so lights from 16th st were blaring in all night. Needless to say its the only hotel I actually cut short on nights and moved to another hotel. Maybe after their renovation it will be better.
Old Aug 10, 2008, 12:14 pm

Programs: LTP, PP
I've got an upcoming convention in Broomfield, CO next month at an OMNI resort. Since the convention itself is lame and there is little to do outside the classes during the day (8-4), I wouldn't mind staying at a FS Marriott offsite and commuting in (will have a car).

Any suggestions? I don't know the area at all. I saw a REN Suites real close but its real pricey even with my corporate rate ($250+) and has no CL. Saw some TPS, SHS and RI nearby but no point staying there with PLT status IMO.

Are any of these FS or REN's being discussed remotely close to this area from a pratical standpoint, say 15 min drive? I know I can plug addresses into my GPS but thats only 1/2 of the story in any major city. Thanks

Last edited by joshua362; Aug 10, 2008 at 12:31 pm
Old Aug 10, 2008, 8:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by joshua362
I've got an upcoming convention in Broomfield, CO next month at an OMNI resort. Since the convention itself is lame and there is little to do outside the classes during the day (8-4), I wouldn't mind staying at a FS Marriott offsite and commuting in (will have a car).

Any suggestions? I don't know the area at all. I saw a REN Suites real close but its real pricey even with my corporate rate ($250+) and has no CL. Saw some TPS, SHS and RI nearby but no point staying there with PLT status IMO.

Are any of these FS or REN's being discussed remotely close to this area from a pratical standpoint, say 15 min drive? I know I can plug addresses into my GPS but thats only 1/2 of the story in any major city. Thanks

There's a FS Marriott in Boulder, about a 15 minute drive further on the Boulder Turnpike.
Old Aug 10, 2008, 8:39 pm

Programs: MR PP, UA Silver, SW A-List, HH Diamond
The Boulder Marriott is ~ 15 minutes from the Omni and there is a lot more to do or see in Boulder than Broomfield. The Omni and the Renaissance Suites are basically located in a gigantic office/shopping complex with an indoor mall, all the big box stores known to man and acres of parking lots. The Downtown Denver Marriott might only be ~20 min drive since it is a reverse commute to Broomfield from downtown. Downtown Denver is all walkable from the Marriott, including all three sports venues. It's a little slow getting to downtown Denver around 5pm, but is still quick if you get out of the conference by 4pm.

As for the original question about the Denver Renaissance - the Downtown Marriott location is so much better for things to do without driving, but it's no doubt pricier.
Old Aug 10, 2008, 9:01 pm
Used to be bulldoggolfer05

Programs: HGP DMD, HHonors DMD, SPG PLT, MR PLT
I've stayed at the TPS Broomfield and it's nice and clean but nothing beyond that. They don't even offer any type of limited breakfast in the morning, but they do give you a "coupon" for the Renaissance across the street that will offer you 500 bonus points when you pay full price for the buffet.

The Boulder Marriott is better situated to all of the action of Boulder but keep in mind Boulder is a drunken college town (suits me just fine as I'm a college student myself) so if this is not your forte I would probably avoid it. Also, having stayed there, the rooms are spacious but overall not impressed.

As a side note, if you occasion a liquor store in Boulder County, be sure you request a brown bag and the standard behavior is just to hand you the bottle :-P

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.