FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Denver, Colorado
Old Aug 14, 2007, 8:00 pm
GeorgeBurdell

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Delta DM & 1MM, Hertz and Avis President's Circle
DTC Marriott and Park Meadow Marriott

I've been out here in Denver for 2 months now. I've stayed at the DTC Marriott and Park Meadows.

DTC Marriott:
Negatives: They have noisy in-the-window air conditioners that have only one setting on or off. They're controlled by in-wall thermostats but they're terribly noisy. The parking is stupid. Half the time the gates don't work. They do a lot of convention business there so you get groups like girls softball teams and the 10th MTN div reunion.

Positives: Location is not bad. Refrigerators in rooms. Decent concierge lounge with excellent late night cookies. I love the automatic Starbucks coffee machine in the CL. Put a cup down, press three buttons and the coffee is ground and brewed in 45 sec. The lounge still has a reference to the old Marquis Club by the front door. Staff is friendly and service oriented. Starbucks in lobby is large and well-stocked.

Park Meadows Marriott:
Negatives: Staff is mostly Korean. This seems to translate into a very pleasant staff but somewhat ignorant of normal procedures. Especially mornings in the CL. I've had to ask for utensils, they insist on using cocktail napkins instead of cloth ones, they do things like put coffee cups in holder rightside up so everyone has to handle the rims when they get a cup (yuck). The food is not always very fresh either. Menu in restaurant and room service is very frou-frou.

Positives: Nice decor, easy access to freeway. Close to Park Meadows Mall (a "shopping resort") and restaurants, entertainment which is just down the road. Bar has pool table and big screen plus a nice little patio outside with live entertainment. It's pretty lively for a hotel bar especially on Wednesday nights. I've also seen them do complimentary wine in lobby weekdays. Good air conditioning. Fairly quiet rooms even on the freeway side of the building. Free parking. Only 15 minutes from nice outlet mall (why I told my wife this little factoid I'll never know "Can you pick me up something from the Coach store, dear").

I stay at the Park Meadows whenever I can versus the DTC.