FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Denver, Colorado
Old Aug 7, 2008, 11:45 am
wareagle98

Programs: AA Gold, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by GregWTravels
The Renaissance hotel is really far out. Very little to do there without a car. City Center is located in the to the quieter end of downtown and you could walk down to LoDo, but frankly I think the Courtyard is the best located hotel in downtown Denver. Close to LoDo and the strip of bars and restaurants along Market.

Of course, either the Marriott or the Courtyard probably charges a fair bit for parking, so that might play into your plans.

Edited to add: Oh, and the Courtyard is a very nice hotel. No lounge, but the rooms are quite big and well appointed.
I don't usually chime in on the marriott forum but I had to one this one. the courtyard on 16th st is AWEFUL! The hotel lobby has a sewer smell which they try to cover up with a lot of deoderizers. My rooms were so old and outdated with furniture I think they stole from my dorm room in college. The only thing they had going for them was a very nice work out room.

The Marriott on california is great and well appointed. the rooms are comfortable and the Clounge has a great breakfast and small apps. People are very friendly and have great service skills. It is also a few blocks from the 16th st mall which is where everything is downtown.

I haven't stayed out at the Renaissance but I agree it is far from downtown and requires a car. I would seriously stay away from the Courtyard!