Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Prince De Galles, Luxury Collection, Paris, France [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 30, 2019, 10:25 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: bhrubin
Expert Review (posted to Luxury Forum) from Oct 2017:

https://www.flyertalk.com/hotel-revi...-and-stay-2199
Print Wikipost

Prince De Galles, Luxury Collection, Paris, France [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 14, 2017, 4:29 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
Very helpful. Appreciate you giving this tip. Our kid is around same age as yours so I will contact the agency

Originally Posted by SeeTheLights
We stayed at the Prince de Galles with my 8 and 10 year old. It was in a great location and wonderful hotel with kids. We had an amazing tour of the Louvre with this company https://parismuse.com/tours/paris-mu...s-louvre-tour/
They created a scavenger hunt that was both fun and educational. Our tour guide was Ollie. If you can, ask for him. Young Australian guy who was both funny and very smart. Hope this helps.
Old Mar 14, 2017, 4:40 pm
Suspended
Marriott 25+ BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by SHLTP
Any recent stays/ reviews here? Going on vacation here soon for a week w family. Any suggestions on whether to organize day trips via concierge or elsewhere, especially looking for kid friendly ones to teach my kid on Louvre etc.? Thanks in advance for any suggestions on kid friendly tour guides.
Will look forward to any TR or other review you can post after your stay. We will be there in Oct for my husband's surprise 60th birthday. The concierge team has been extremely helpful thus far.
Old Mar 14, 2017, 7:14 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXPPLT, United 1K, *wood PLT, Delta Gold, Hyatt Diamond, Southwest A-list
Very helpful. Appreciate you giving this tip. Our kid is around same age as yours so I will contact the agency
No problem. Feel free to ask any other questions. Hope you guys have a fun time.
Old Mar 17, 2017, 12:59 pm
Suspended
Aman Contributor BadgeMarriott 25+ Badge

A very nice review from a very experienced blogger who visits a lot of luxury level properties:

http://onemileatatime.boardingarea.c...omment-3632935
Old Mar 24, 2017, 11:32 pm

1) plat recognition so so. Get continental breakfast. 11 euro upgrade to full buffet. Coming from a Asia you'll be disappointed with Continental , coming from uS par for the course.

2) never told about any other plat benefits so not sure if there are any (did get upgraded to a mosaic suite which is nice if a little cramped)

3) location fabulous. Can't beat it. Easy walking to Eiffel Tower and Chanps des Lysee

4) hotel nice looking. I don't think it is special or worth the rates but is nice. N

5) have had several maintenance problems. Drains in bathroom broken as well as door between bedroom and living room. Fixed fairly fast but took severa trips which is annoying when we are jet lagged and wanting to sleep.

6) the service is subpar with some staff frankly surly and arrogant. Other staff very nice. Have had many little service failures. Nothing a big problem but at these rates shouldn't have these issues and the staff arrogance by several I have never run into at a starwood

overall nothing bad, nothing great, but disappointed feeling.
Old Mar 25, 2017, 1:26 am

I should add the concierges have all been uniformly excellent, both before arriving and after arrival. They were excellent, especially thebchief concierge. I don't think I can write names here on flyertak butbshe is excellent
Old Mar 25, 2017, 6:29 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Plat
1) plat recognition so so. Get continental breakfast. 11 euro upgrade to full buffet. Coming from a Asia you'll be disappointed with Continental , coming from uS par for the course.
Interesting. This recent review of the property implies the buffet was included for Platinums, but perhaps they knew he was reviewing the property and provided something non-standard.

http://onemileatatime.boardingarea.c...-paris-review/

Regards
Old Mar 25, 2017, 10:55 am

I had read that review too (was actually a reason booked Prince as I wanted full buffet breakfast as a plat) so was quite surprised when it was not offered. Breakfast is really subpar for the price if Paying full price. Service in breakfast excellent but choice limited. Missing Asia buffets right now. 70-80% of my stays in a asia so I've been a little spoiled by the breakfasts and overall benefits.

I checkrd and there are no other plat benefits aside from continental or local amenity or points
Old Mar 25, 2017, 6:23 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hertz Gold
Ben booked through Starwood Luxury Privileges that is why he probably got the full buffet!
Prince de Galles, a Luxury Collection Hotel

One 100 USD food and beverage credit per room, per stay
Daily buffet breakfast for two guests
Complimentary standard in-room internet access
Upgrade on arrival, early check-in and late check-out which are all subject to availability
Old Mar 25, 2017, 8:19 pm

Programs: MR-Amb, Hyatt-Globalist, AA-EXP
What in the world were you expecting as a platinum? It sounds like you received a suite upgrade and continental breakfast with an 11 EUR upcharge to the full buffet (which is 50 EUR). It looks like that suite goes for 250-300 EUR extra per night vs. the base room, so it seems odd to dismiss that benefit and focus on an 11 EUR breakfast upcharge.

That said, the maintenance issues would have annoyed me as well, but it sounds like the platinum treatment was pretty solid.

2) never told about any other plat benefits so not sure if there are any (did get upgraded to a mosaic suite which is nice if a little cramped)

3) location fabulous. Can't beat it. Easy walking to Eiffel Tower and Chanps des Lysee

4) hotel nice looking. I don't think it is special or worth the rates but is nice. N

5) have had several maintenance problems. Drains in bathroom broken as well as door between bedroom and living room. Fixed fairly fast but took severa trips which is annoying when we are jet lagged and wanting to sleep.

6) the service is subpar with some staff frankly surly and arrogant. Other staff very nice. Have had many little service failures. Nothing a big problem but at these rates shouldn't have these issues and the staff arrogance by several I have never run into at a starwood

overall nothing bad, nothing great, but disappointed feeling.
Old Mar 25, 2017, 9:24 pm

Me? I expected better and friendlier service. I expected that there would be outlets in the room of an international hotel that can could accept different plugs or at least adapters that one could borrow. It took me two trips to front desk, discussion w hotel manager and one call to operator to borrow a an adapter. Several staff insisted I had to buy adapters for 45 euros. Ultimately they let me borrow w 45 euro guarantee. Whole process took much longer and was more stressful than it should be.

In general i found phone operators unfriendly and unable to execute simple requests.

Housekeeping is good.

As for plat benefits they gave the exact, to the dot that is written in plat program which is so so. If you are coming from Asia mindset/ expectations then you will be surprised at breakfast. Most places in a asia give full buffet breakfast and points and are quite nice. This one only continental breakfast. And the breakfast wasn't very good for such a nice hotel. The 11 euro bump didn't get much more of anything sonwe didn't order.

As i wrote clearly I got essentially North American plat standards which are ok. The suite is nice if small. But I have also written before that I would never be loyal to SPG of all my stays were us based. Asia benefits superior. As for Europe I don't travel here enough to know what the benefits were. I had expected full buffet as i had read that in several places.
Old Mar 26, 2017, 7:25 am

Programs: Delta, Marriott, Kimpton
Smile

Me? I expected better and friendlier service. I expected that there would be outlets in the room of an international hotel that can could accept different plugs or at least adapters that one could borrow. It took me two trips to front desk, discussion w hotel manager and one call to operator to borrow a an adapter. Several staff insisted I had to buy adapters for 45 euros. Ultimately they let me borrow w 45 euro guarantee. Whole process took much longer and was more stressful than it should be.

In general i found phone operators unfriendly and unable to execute simple requests.

Housekeeping is good.

As for plat benefits they gave the exact, to the dot that is written in plat program which is so so. If you are coming from Asia mindset/ expectations then you will be surprised at breakfast. Most places in a asia give full buffet breakfast and points and are quite nice. This one only continental breakfast. And the breakfast wasn't very good for such a nice hotel. The 11 euro bump didn't get much more of anything sonwe didn't order.

As i wrote clearly I got essentially North American plat standards which are ok. The suite is nice if small. But I have also written before that I would never be loyal to SPG of all my stays were us based. Asia benefits superior. As for Europe I don't travel here enough to know what the benefits were. I had expected full buffet as i had read that in several places.

For $25 USD you can get your own adapter which works in over 60 countries. Problem solved. Also, I was upgraded to the Makkasar suite two years ago when I stayed there and remember seeing usb plugs in the bedroom which charged most of my items without a plug. In short - it's not the hotel's job to provide you with adapters - it's nice of them to do so.

http://www.flight001.com/f1-4-in-1-adapter.html
Old Mar 26, 2017, 10:20 am
Suspended
Aman Contributor BadgeMarriott 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by canadiantransplant
For $25 USD you can get your own adapter which works in over 60 countries. Problem solved. Also, I was upgraded to the Makkasar suite two years ago when I stayed there and remember seeing usb plugs in the bedroom which charged most of my items without a plug. In short - it's not the hotel's job to provide you with adapters - it's nice of them to do so.

http://www.flight001.com/f1-4-in-1-adapter.html
^^^

It isn't worth it. I'm with you, but I'd let it go.
Old Mar 26, 2017, 7:13 pm

Programs: Delta, Marriott, Kimpton
Originally Posted by bhrubin
^^^

It isn't worth it. I'm with you, but I'd let it go.
Sometimes my fingers get the best of me.
Old Mar 28, 2017, 11:39 pm

FYI after the start above, the remaining week was wonderful w staff service all around excellent. Clearly they went out of their way to excel in service towards my family w a ridiculous number of staff who I never spoke to saying hello by name to my son. That shows good training.

PDG now joins Shangri-La as my favorite hotels in Paris though I still prefer Shangri-La rooms/ design. My only wish still would be better breakfast amenity. Thus, I'll stay at Whichever gives the better rate when coming here next w breakfast since I no longer need nights etc. and don't like paying an extra 11 euro for a breakfast when the rates are as high as they are.

But i would highly recommend this property.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.