FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Prince De Galles, Luxury Collection, Paris, France [Master Thread]
Old Mar 26, 2017, 7:25 am
canadiantransplant

Programs: Delta, Marriott, Kimpton
Smile

Originally Posted by SHLTP
Me? I expected better and friendlier service. I expected that there would be outlets in the room of an international hotel that can could accept different plugs or at least adapters that one could borrow. It took me two trips to front desk, discussion w hotel manager and one call to operator to borrow a an adapter. Several staff insisted I had to buy adapters for 45 euros. Ultimately they let me borrow w 45 euro guarantee. Whole process took much longer and was more stressful than it should be.

In general i found phone operators unfriendly and unable to execute simple requests.

Housekeeping is good.

As for plat benefits they gave the exact, to the dot that is written in plat program which is so so. If you are coming from Asia mindset/ expectations then you will be surprised at breakfast. Most places in a asia give full buffet breakfast and points and are quite nice. This one only continental breakfast. And the breakfast wasn't very good for such a nice hotel. The 11 euro bump didn't get much more of anything sonwe didn't order.

As i wrote clearly I got essentially North American plat standards which are ok. The suite is nice if small. But I have also written before that I would never be loyal to SPG of all my stays were us based. Asia benefits superior. As for Europe I don't travel here enough to know what the benefits were. I had expected full buffet as i had read that in several places.

For $25 USD you can get your own adapter which works in over 60 countries. Problem solved. Also, I was upgraded to the Makkasar suite two years ago when I stayed there and remember seeing usb plugs in the bedroom which charged most of my items without a plug. In short - it's not the hotel's job to provide you with adapters - it's nice of them to do so.

http://www.flight001.com/f1-4-in-1-adapter.html