Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

St. Ermin's Hotel, Autograph Collection - London, UK [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

St. Ermin's Hotel, Autograph Collection - London, UK [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 8, 2023, 3:37 am

Programs: AA platinum, Air France Platinum,, Bonvoy titanium, AC 50k
If you want to “experience historic luxury” I would go somewhere else. I have stayed here twice this year. The location is good but the experience was very different across the two stays. The first time the hotel was not too busy and I was upgraded to a larger room; still not massive, but certainly comfortable, particularly since I was on my own. The second time, with my wife, the hotel was packed and we stayed in what I would consider a small single room. It was very uncomfortable, with very little room to move, no place for our luggage and poorly laid out to use what little space there was efficiently. It was also very noisy, with loud music until late at night and service vehicles and clattering early in the morning, plus some of the noisiest plumbing I have ever had to endure. The experience was not enhanced by a long wait to get a table for breakfast. The atmosphere there was frenetic, and more like a crowded 3* family oriented property than a boutique hotel.
EuropeanPete likes this.
Old Dec 8, 2023, 8:30 am

Programs: BAEC - back to lowly blue. Marriott - Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by lsquare
Has anyone stayed here lately? What's the breakfast and elite recognition like?

What do you guys think of 70,000 points/£399 per night?
We've stayed here several times over the years. As others have stated, the location is great and we have been fine with the room size -- maybe because we always book a king room? Recognition? Not important to me although we have occasionally been upgraded to a jr. suite, and there's no lounge afaik but the breakfast is good -- various items on the buffet and they will bring oatmeal if you wish. (I've never asked for an omelette.)

My issue is with the 70,000 points which seems to be much higher than in years past which is why we booked the Sheraton Park Lane for our visit next spring.
lsquare likes this.
Old Jan 6, 2024, 7:35 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, UA Mileage Plus 1K, AA Executive Plat, Marriott Ambassador Elite
Got a good rate for one night between Xmas and New Years. Had to stay as I continue my goal of staying at every Autograph! What a great hotel. Absolutely loved it. Being Xmas, it was like we were in a Hallmark movie.

Love this entrance

For about 4 days, there was a free small bites and red/white wine. Cozy feel and much appreciated!
Vaclav, lamphs and JayeJ like this.
Old Jan 14, 2024, 11:30 am

Programs: MB Ambassador, WOH Globalist, HH Diamond (Aspire), AA Gold, UA (*G) Gold
I really liked St. Ermin’s Hotel - nothing really to complain about, and it felt pretty British!

Pros:
  • Upgraded to a Junior Suite (more like a full suite with full separation), which was nice and spacious
  • Very British view of the Conrad and Underground station
  • Generally comfortable couch
  • Bed was quite comfortable - plush mattress, plush pillows, decently plush covers (could be a tad thicker)
  • Shower pressure was great with no issues with temperature
  • Delivered some chocolate truffles as a welcome gift
  • Found an available upgrade at 11:30 AM
  • Had to ask, but no issue with 3 PM late checkout
  • Elite breakfast is quite good with tasty eggs, bacon, hashbrowns and lots of good pastries - including egg tarts, Oreo cake, chocolate muffins, ham and cheese puffs, etc.

Neutral:
  • Pipes had a shake when water was on - noise didn’t bother me, but I was staying solo
  • Electrical outlets were a bit hard to reach

Cons:
  • No Internet TV options

I would return.

Photos:

sent, lamphs and JayeJ like this.
Old Feb 27, 2024, 6:44 am

How much is the daily breakfast? Considering a stay here as a Titanium, I know we don't get free breakfast as an option for welcome gift.
Old Feb 27, 2024, 8:34 am

Programs: BAEC - back to lowly blue. Marriott - Lifetime Platinum
When I've stayed there (had plat or titanium status) the breakfast was included.

Or you might just want to walk across the park to The Wolseley...
Old Feb 27, 2024, 8:53 am

Programs: MB Ambassador, WOH Globalist, HH Diamond (Aspire), AA Gold, UA (*G) Gold
Originally Posted by DutchessPDX
How much is the daily breakfast? Considering a stay here as a Titanium, I know we don't get free breakfast as an option for welcome gift.
Breakfast is included as part of your Elite benefits (no club lounge - so either breakfast in restaurant or 750 points per night) - what makes you think otherwise?
Old Feb 27, 2024, 9:36 am

Originally Posted by ElevatorEnthusiast
Breakfast is included as part of your Elite benefits (no club lounge - so either breakfast in restaurant or 750 points per night) - what makes you think otherwise?
Thank you!! I wasn't sure if there was a club lounge and on marriott's website Autograph Collections don't include breakfast as part of the welcome gift automatically.

I am trying to decide between St Ermin's and The Westin London City. St Ermin's is better location but Westin has a W Lounge which is really nice to have, overall better reviews and the rooms seem nicer and bigger. Any input?
Old Feb 27, 2024, 10:42 am

Originally Posted by DutchessPDX
Thank you!! I wasn't sure if there was a club lounge and on marriott's website Autograph Collections don't include breakfast as part of the welcome gift automatically.

I am trying to decide between St Ermin's and The Westin London City. St Ermin's is better location but Westin has a W Lounge which is really nice to have, overall better reviews and the rooms seem nicer and bigger. Any input?
I love Westins, but the Westin London City was rather poor. Dark rooms, poor shower pressure, questionable cleanliness, window sheers that can't be opened "for privacy", poor breakfast quality, the club isn't worth anything, and they tried to charge me $100 for a bottle of wine that I never ordered from room service.
dgreen12, dayone, lsquare and 1 others like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.