Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

St. Ermin's Hotel, Autograph Collection - London, UK [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

St. Ermin's Hotel, Autograph Collection - London, UK [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 31, 2019, 10:47 am

Location: usually somewhere between 30000 and 40000 feet...but actually the English countryside
Programs: BA GGL/Lifetime Gold, EK Gold, Lowly M&M, Marriott tit, Hhonors Diamond, numerous others
Had a 1 night stay here this week, was u/g to an Executive room from a base room. Ive had bigger rooms, Ive had smaller rooms (not by much though) and it would be a bit pokey for 2 but more than adequate for me for 1 night. Is in a great location for Westminster Abbey etc.
Breakfast is in the Caxton Grill and mine was included as Plat. As Plat I could choose from 4 cooked items that were laid out buffet style. Other things like fried eggs, baked beans etc could only be ordered from the menu. It was more than adequate for my needs. Up thread someone mentioned about the cost if you were paying so Ive included the menu below. If you dont want to spring for a full breakfast, there is a "Snax" around the corner where you can get a bacon roll and a coffee for GBP2.50 - quite the bargain for central London!
Would I stay here again - yes. But I would make sure I got a bigger room.

St Ermins menu

Last edited by Beano HK; Jan 31, 2019 at 10:51 am Reason: attach menu!
Old May 24, 2019, 12:06 am

Programs: Oman Air Gold, Qatar Airways Platinum, Marriott Ambassador, HH Diamond, GHA Black, Hyatt Globalist
Im planning to stay here next week with my wife and 2 year old, concerned with the room size I applied SNAs but not sure they will be cleared. What is the minimum size I should be aiming for to be comfortable?

Also is there any access to swimming pools or partnerships the hotel has in the area?

Is there only one restaurant in the property?

Any other recommendations or tips for the hotel?
Old May 24, 2019, 4:33 am

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Bonvoy titanium
1 restaurant onsite, breakfast buffet is great

rooms are super tiny. My recommendation is to find another hotel if you can. I’m not a fan of ermins and their base rooms for one person let alone 3
EuropeanPete likes this.
Old May 25, 2019, 4:44 am

Programs: Oman Air Gold, Qatar Airways Platinum, Marriott Ambassador, HH Diamond, GHA Black, Hyatt Globalist
Hmmm thanks for the recommendation! I fear I am stuck with this property now as I missed the cancellation window! Somehow I need to make the most of bad property then it seems! Any tips welcome!
Old May 25, 2019, 6:29 am

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Bonvoy titanium
The hotel grounds are lovely imo and I do think the courtyard is cute. You are also in a fantastic area and a mere five min walk to st James park, so simply put don’t spend time in the room other than to sleep
Old May 25, 2019, 8:45 am

Programs: BAEC - back to lowly blue. Marriott - Lifetime Platinum
I wouldn't think of it as a "bad property." We have chosen to stay there on most of our visits to London. Some rooms are smaller than typical American hotel rooms but I've stayed in smaller. It's a lovely property... historic, even. Maybe you can have tea on the mezzanine or if you want to branch out for breakfast, walk through the park and go to the Wolseley on Piccadilly. It's a 30 second walk to the underground.
Old Jan 24, 2020, 8:36 am

Programs: AS; Aeroplan; Hilton (Diamond); Marriott (Platinum);
Hi there. We're thinking of staying here as 2 adults and 2 teenagers (13 and 15). Anyone have any experience with the Deluxe Guest Room 2 Double (Our alternative was booking two rooms over at the Conrad)? We're hoping to get bumped up to a family room, although not planning on spending a lot of time in the hotel. Both adults are Golds if that matters.
Old Sep 9, 2020, 3:51 pm

Are the rooms here much smaller than other Bonvoy hotels in London? Looking to book for the Euros/Wimbledon next summer and most Bonvoy hotels don't have any availability and I ended up coming across this property. Looks nice and a good location, but from pictures the rooms look pretty tiny, even by London/NYC standards.
Old Sep 9, 2020, 5:55 pm

Programs: BAEC - back to lowly blue. Marriott - Lifetime Platinum
We always reserve a king bed and some rooms are small but the two of us were not uncomfortable. I don't stay in other Marriotts there other than the one at Heathrow and generally, yes the rooms are smaller than that. Sometimes they offer an upgrade for a uptick in cost if you want to take advantage. It's historic, a charming hotel as opposed to the cookie cutter Marriotts, and I love the location.

I'll be interested to see the responses you receive.
Old Feb 11, 2022, 1:03 pm

Programs: AA-LTP, HH-DIA, Marriott-LT+AMB, Hyatt-Globalist, Hertz-PC, UA-GS
Bump, any recent stays, been a while since an update.
Old Apr 28, 2022, 7:10 am

Programs: Delta PM 2MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Any recent visits to St Ermins, I need post covid input. I will be there in 10 days and don’t know what to expect as a Lifetime Titanium .
Old Jun 25, 2022, 11:58 am

Programs: UA MM, MB LifeTit
I had a four-night stay there last week. It was on points and I applied SNAs, but they did not come through. I did, however, get a pretty nice room, larger-than-average for the property and quite comfortable. The staff were great and the Caxton Grill breakfast buffet was very good. This is a very good hotel and I will return on future visits.
JayeJ and Drwaz99 like this.
Old Aug 18, 2022, 2:59 pm

Programs: HertzPresCircle, Virgin Atlantic Gold,Hil-Diam, Europcar Elite Vip, Emirates Gold, MarriottTitanium.
Staying here now. What i think Americans will like: there is a really good (COLD) A/c in the room. However as others noted the rooms are quite small indeed. In the bathroom there is hardly any space to put anything. For a single person the most basic rooms are perfectly fine tho. For a easy going couple too. Just dont expect too much (the rooms at Bankside autograph for example feel MUCH MUCH more 'nicer'/5star). Just trying out this hotel cause a friend works for Marriott so got the room for 100/night so just going around trying all the marriott hotels available around town.
Lobby is very nice and the beehives is cool to see for kids. Loads of them flying around. Location good and as said by others i think great for first time visitors yet very very quiet.
ryno and ElevatorEnthusiast like this.
Old Jul 19, 2023, 2:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Has anyone stayed here lately? What's the breakfast and elite recognition like?

What do you guys think of 70,000 points/Ł399 per night?
Old Jul 21, 2023, 3:27 pm

Stayed here in May over coronation weekend so very busy. It was fine but I didn't love it. We had a room on first floor with no view and also quite small. I think we got a small upgrade to a larger twin bed room. Breakfast was decent as I remember, standard buffet, nice staff. I think the area is oddly a bit quiet and you are only on one tube line. We had a great dinner at Lorne restaurant near to Victoria. I would take the Sheraton Grand or the W (depending on taste) over this. Nothing bad, just not a hotel i would return to. Note, I am English by birth so some of the quaintness may have been a little wasted on me.
lsquare likes this.

Last edited by MaxFlying; Jul 21, 2023 at 3:57 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.