Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

St. Ermin's Hotel, Autograph Collection - London, UK [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

St. Ermin's Hotel, Autograph Collection - London, UK [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 14, 2014, 1:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Resorts are typically the only ones that put points upgrades online
Old Jun 16, 2014, 3:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
What about booking 2 rooms and then let the hotel knows that you d like a family room/connecting rooms. Also try calling the hitel directly or let Marriott contact themon behalf of you to see how much it will cost to upgrade. If you have status with Marriott, mention it and see if they can upgrade you to a family room (extremely unlikely IMO but no harm in asking).
Old Jun 17, 2014, 12:39 pm

To close the loop on this thread - and much thanks to all the helpful suggestions - I ended up emailing both the Grovesnor and speaking with St. Ermin and both told me best approach is to book a regular room and upgrade for a cost - in most cases 60 quid - and I can get either a double double at the Grovesnor with a cot (albeit a bit tight) or a family room at the St. Ermin

Thanks again
Old Jun 17, 2014, 2:24 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Especially overseas, hotels typically will not guarantee connecting rooms unless you're doing something like booking a two bedroom suite where the second bedroom is really a connecting room. This won't work for many families. In fact, there's a risk that the rooms could be on separate floors, etc.
Old Jun 17, 2014, 4:15 pm

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Not sure the OP is interested, but IIRC Marble Arch offers family rooms. Not sure if it would be booked automatically, but they might be willing to do the upgrade w/o charge or the charge might be less than 60 quid.

Cheers.
Old Jun 23, 2014, 6:21 am

Programs: MR LTT, BA Gold, AA LTP, UA Silver
Originally Posted by boss315
1) Fosters--definitely a neighborhood pub--alwasy busy with locals(even on a Sunday night when I was there.
Are you sure it's Fosters? The reason I ask is neither google maps or the concierge knew of Fosters. They did however know of Fullers where I'm having lunch right now and it's quite nice and just around the corner.

Last edited by aaupgrade; Jun 24, 2014 at 7:15 am
Old Jun 25, 2014, 7:28 am

Much thanks - I will look into that!!
Old Oct 11, 2015, 6:34 pm

Programs: DL DM / 2MM - Marriott Ambassador
Staying here with my spouse 11/29 for 5 nights. I sent an email to the front desk in hopes of securing an upgrade before arrival. Hopefully I hear back.
Old Oct 12, 2015, 1:05 am

Programs: BA Blue, Marriott Plat Life, UA Silver (thx Marriott), IHG Gold, Accor Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by aaupgrade
Are you sure it's Fosters? The reason I ask is neither google maps or the concierge knew of Fosters. They did however know of Fullers where I'm having lunch right now and it's quite nice and just around the corner.
It will be Fullers, which is one of the main breweries in London. Fosters is a yellow fizzy beer with no taste

T
Old Oct 12, 2015, 2:31 pm

Programs: MR LTT, BA Gold, AA LTP, UA Silver
Originally Posted by toothy
It will be Fullers, which is one of the main breweries in London.
You're right my bad. Foster's isn't even from the same continent. BTW, I like the Fuller's near this hotel, but don't care for the one near St. Pancras Ren which is more like an American sports bar and the food isn't nearly as good IMO.
Old Oct 13, 2015, 7:02 am

Programs: DL DM / 2MM - Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by lucycan
Staying here with my spouse 11/29 for 5 nights. I sent an email to the front desk in hopes of securing an upgrade before arrival. Hopefully I hear back.
So a few days later I heard back from the front office and they upgraded me to a Jr Suite on the 6th floor. So far I like this hotel!
Old Oct 14, 2015, 3:40 pm

I'm in the process of planning my honeymoon for London in Oct 2016 and looking at this property. I have enough Marriott points to make a 5 night stay, but was wondering if there were other properties that might be more deserving. I'm a Plat if that helps, and any recommendations are appreciated.
Old Oct 14, 2015, 3:52 pm

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by sig05
I'm in the process of planning my honeymoon for London in Oct 2016 and looking at this property. I have enough Marriott points to make a 5 night stay, but was wondering if there were other properties that might be more deserving. I'm a Plat if that helps, and any recommendations are appreciated.
You asked this question in the London family thread. That's probably the place to follow the discussion, especially since there are a lot of property comparisons in it. This thread is specific to St. Ermin's. My recommendation would be to read through the London family thread - lot of good information there. Congrats on the upcoming honeymoon.

Cheers.
Old Oct 14, 2015, 3:53 pm

Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
You asked this question in the London family thread. That's probably the place to follow the discussion, especially since there are a lot of property comparisons in it. This thread is specific to St. Ermin's. My recommendation would be to read through the London family thread - lot of good information there. Congrats on the upcoming honeymoon.

Cheers.
I did, you're right. I was really interested in this hotel and thought I might get some more specific feedback in this particular thread as opposed to just the general London thread.

And thanks, we're very excited.
Old Feb 6, 2016, 2:28 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, VS Red, HH Gold, IHG Gold, Marriott Gold, SPG Basic, Alitalia Status Match
I have a one night stay in a family room on a Saturday in June for a theatre trip and dinner at Handling@Caxton for 10th wedding anniversary (with kids in tow). Very much looking forward to it!

I recently became gold (booked as silver) and would love to get an upgrade. Would people advise mailing ahead to inform of my new status and try my luck with an upgrade or just wait and see if it happens at check-in? I could obviously mention the anniversary but don't always feel comfortable adding things that could so easily be made up and may seem like an attempt to snag something for free (although the anniversary is genuine and I am, ultimately, trying to snag an upgrade for free )...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.