Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Rewards and United MileagePlus "RewardsPlus" Partnership

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 15, 2013, 4:55 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SpammersAreScum
Full details and a FAQ are available at www.united.com/rewardsplus and https://fly-united.marriott.com/en_US/ https://mrrewardsplus.com/en_US/details/

From the FAQS:

If I already have Marriott Gold Elite status or higher and MileagePlus Premier Silver status or higher, do I need to register for RewardsPlus?

No. Please note that the website will accept your registration, but your status will not change. You also do not need to register for the enhanced miles and points benefits that will launch in the coming weeks.

Feb 2017 Data Point:

You can expedite a 'pending' upgrade to Silver before March 1st if you need it:

i also lost my UA status Feb 1 and was also pending UA Silver for after 2.28 once my eligibility was confirmed. i called MAR Plat CS and asked about expediting because of an upcoming flight. i called MR Platinum at 11PM. The rep said she couldn't do it, the dept that does it was closed, but that she send a message to them. she didn't know how long it would take them, but thought it would be done within 2 days. 11 hours later, at 10am the next morning, UA Silver status was showing when i logged into my UA acct online.
Print Wikipost

Marriott Rewards and United MileagePlus "RewardsPlus" Partnership

Search this Thread

Old Aug 5, 2019, 11:35 pm

Just wanted to be sure as this tricked me the first time - you are clicking the Join RewardsPlus button to join (just below the fold on the web page) , and not the join now shortcut, right? I figure yes, but might as well call out the obvious just in case...
Old Aug 6, 2019, 6:07 am

Originally Posted by joeags
Just wanted to be sure as this tricked me the first time - you are clicking the Join RewardsPlus button to join (just below the fold on the web page) , and not the join now shortcut, right? I figure yes, but might as well call out the obvious just in case...
I'm not sure. It was a few months ago. I think I clicked on the first place where it says "join now", not on the banner. Does that matter?

I also tried clicking on the link below, just to see if I was linked but didn't know it. No dice. I am listed as a "general member" who is not eligible for the promotion.
Old Aug 6, 2019, 8:51 pm

Originally Posted by wanderlust99
I'm not sure. It was a few months ago. I think I clicked on the first place where it says "join now", not on the banner. Does that matter?

I also tried clicking on the link below, just to see if I was linked but didn't know it. No dice. I am listed as a "general member" who is not eligible for the promotion.
They changed the page a bit, but try clicking on the Join Rewardsplus button at the top of the page. The reason I brought this up was because you mentioned earlier that you had signed up for a new account, which would tell me you tried the "Join Now" button. Months ago they didn't have the button at the top of the page, which made it very confusing. Not that this will work, but it's worth a try!
Old Aug 7, 2019, 1:22 am

Originally Posted by wanderlust99
Off topic, but: Why on earth would anyone want to convert United miles to Bonvoy points 1:1? Sure, United's going to "variable miles" for award flights instead of a chart has the potential to further devalue Mileage Plus miles, but Bonvoy points are (from a practical viewpoint) worth less than a penny apiece, and if you have the credit card you can get points much easier and cheaper than you can get miles.

Has anyone actually done this?
Jiatong likes this.
Old Aug 7, 2019, 6:28 pm

Programs: BA Silver; Hilton Gold; IHG Diamond Ambassador; Marriott Gold
The Marriott link in the wiki did not work; I found a new one. Note that it says
Titanium and Ambassador Elite members can enroll to enjoy complimentary United MileagePlus Premier® Silver status.
Didn't it use to comp Marriott Platinum as well?
Old Aug 7, 2019, 10:53 pm

Originally Posted by SpammersAreScum
Didn't it use to comp Marriott Platinum as well?
When gold was 50 nights and Platinum was 75 nights, yes. But it has always been at the 75 night mark.
SpammersAreScum likes this.
Old Aug 8, 2019, 12:07 pm

Originally Posted by joeags
They changed the page a bit, but try clicking on the Join Rewardsplus button at the top of the page. The reason I brought this up was because you mentioned earlier that you had signed up for a new account, which would tell me you tried the "Join Now" button. Months ago they didn't have the button at the top of the page, which made it very confusing. Not that this will work, but it's worth a try!
Ok, I tried this and will now wait 7-10 days to see if it worked. But it did recognize that I already had a United number, which it didn't before, so maybe this will work. Thanks for the tip.
Old Aug 20, 2019, 10:07 am

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, Marriott Platinum Elite, Hilton Gold Elite, IHG Platinum Elite
Marriott United RewardsPlus

I've recently received Titanium Status, and upon attempting to set up my Rewards Plus account with United, I keep receiving the following error message on the website:

"Due to an API issue we were unable to check your MileagePlus status."

Any other similar issues for anyone? Upon calling Marriott and being transferred four times, nobody at customer support seems to have any idea what is wrong. There also seems to be a large lack of understanding about the Rewards Plus program among Marriott customer support agents.

Any other success or error stories out there?
Old Aug 21, 2019, 10:49 am

Programs: M/R AMBASSADOR/LT/TIT/UASILVER/AAGOLD
Have you tried registering through the MARRIOTT site? If not, go to Titanium benefits, rewards plus, and there is a register now link.
Old Aug 21, 2019, 11:17 am

Programs: MR/SPG Plat, HH Gold, DL PM
Originally Posted by Counsellor
Off topic, but: Why on earth would anyone want to convert United miles to Bonvoy points 1:1? Sure, United's going to "variable miles" for award flights instead of a chart has the potential to further devalue Mileage Plus miles, but Bonvoy points are (from a practical viewpoint) worth less than a penny apiece, and if you have the credit card you can get points much easier and cheaper than you can get miles.

Has anyone actually done this?
If you never fly United, then their miles are worthless.
Old Sep 13, 2019, 2:11 am

Programs: SQ*PPS, QF-WP1 & LTG, VA-Gold, Marriott*LTT, Hilton*Gold, Accor*Platinum
Friendly reminder for my lifetime Titanium friends -- need to register every year! (I registered in 2018 when the programmes merged ... tried to get a free E+ seat on check-in this week, and my status didn't carry over to the new membership year on UA).

QUESTION: how long does it take Marriott / UA to process through RewardsPlus. Know it says 7-10 days... I'm hoping for 16 hours

Last edited by shuuy; Sep 13, 2019 at 2:28 am
Old Sep 13, 2019, 7:51 am

Programs: AA EXP/2MM/AC; UA Silver; AS; DL; Marriott LTT; National Car Elite
Originally Posted by jtp1947

Have you tried registering through the MARRIOTT site? If not, go to Titanium benefits, rewards plus, and there is a register now link.
I tried that Register Here link and got error: "Disallowed Key Characters in "mt_i-lbx"
Old Sep 13, 2019, 8:16 am

Programs: AA EXP/2MM/AC; UA Silver; AS; DL; Marriott LTT; National Car Elite
Originally Posted by MsEverywhere
I tried that Register Here link and got error: "Disallowed Key Characters in "mt_i-lbx"
OK, the link failed in IE but it worked in Chrome. When in doubt, try another browser.
Old Sep 13, 2019, 9:56 pm

Programs: SQ*PPS, QF-WP1 & LTG, VA-Gold, Marriott*LTT, Hilton*Gold, Accor*Platinum
UPDATE: I'm now a United Silver 16h later
dgreen12 and ryw like this.
Old Sep 13, 2019, 10:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: MR/SPG LT Titanium, AA LT PLT, UA SLV, Avis PreferredPlus
Originally Posted by shuuy
Friendly reminder for my lifetime Titanium friends -- need to register every year!
I've only registered once, fly UA maybe twice a year, and just confirmed I still have my status, as I have for what seems to be at least 10 years.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.