Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Rewards and United MileagePlus "RewardsPlus" Partnership

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 15, 2013, 4:55 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SpammersAreScum
Full details and a FAQ are available at www.united.com/rewardsplus and https://fly-united.marriott.com/en_US/ https://mrrewardsplus.com/en_US/details/

From the FAQS:

If I already have Marriott Gold Elite status or higher and MileagePlus Premier Silver status or higher, do I need to register for RewardsPlus?

No. Please note that the website will accept your registration, but your status will not change. You also do not need to register for the enhanced miles and points benefits that will launch in the coming weeks.

Feb 2017 Data Point:

You can expedite a 'pending' upgrade to Silver before March 1st if you need it:

i also lost my UA status Feb 1 and was also pending UA Silver for after 2.28 once my eligibility was confirmed. i called MAR Plat CS and asked about expediting because of an upcoming flight. i called MR Platinum at 11PM. The rep said she couldn't do it, the dept that does it was closed, but that she send a message to them. she didn't know how long it would take them, but thought it would be done within 2 days. 11 hours later, at 10am the next morning, UA Silver status was showing when i logged into my UA acct online.
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Mar 7, 2019, 5:38 pm

Programs: AC 25K, AS MVP Gold, BA Bronze, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by mixmastermark
Just seeing if any other Platinum Elites lost their United Premier Silver status?

I've been checking my United account regularly since learning about the Bonvoy devaluation, and saw today that it changed from United Premier Silver to 'nobody' status. While not incredibly impressive, United Silver still provided quite a bit of value to me from SFO as a secondary airline with the free checked bag (up to 70lbs), E+ seat selection, Premier checkin areas, etc.

Now my beef with Bonfire:
I understand programs change, but by the time Marriott shared that Bonvoy Platinum status was losing the United benefit it was too late to do anything about it.

Had I known about the change (even as late as Dec. 2018), I could have shifted a couple flights from Alaska and earned United Silver normally through flying, which is quite easy as I'm always just a couple segments/EQMs short (hit Silver in 2017), but didn't feel the need to in 2018 since United Silver came with Marriott Platinum status. Or could've easily spared a few nights from Hyatt (since already hit Globalist in June last year) to reach Bonvoy Titanium.

Killin me, Bonvoy
It was known before August, so those bolded parts are a contradiction. Anyone who had Marriott/Ritz Platinum status and maintained that same number of nights (75) is now a Titanium member and still has United Silver; the actual qualification requirements have not changed even if Marriott changed the names of the status levels. If you were an SPG Plat with 50 nights who got matched to Marriott's 75 night status, you were just the recipient of a generous status match.
bosman and myperks like this.
Old Mar 7, 2019, 5:39 pm

Originally Posted by mixmastermark
Just seeing if any other Platinum Elites lost their United Premier Silver status?

I've been checking my United account regularly since learning about the Bonvoy devaluation, and saw today that it changed from United Premier Silver to 'nobody' status. While not incredibly impressive, United Silver still provided quite a bit of value to me from SFO as a secondary airline with the free checked bag (up to 70lbs), E+ seat selection, Premier checkin areas, etc.

Now my beef with Bonfire:
I understand programs change, but by the time Marriott shared that Bonvoy Platinum status was losing the United benefit it was too late to do anything about it.

Had I known about the change (even as late as Dec. 2018), I could have shifted a couple flights from Alaska and earned United Silver normally through flying, which is quite easy as I'm always just a couple segments/EQMs short (hit Silver in 2017), but didn't feel the need to in 2018 since United Silver came with Marriott Platinum status. Or could've easily spared a few nights from Hyatt (since already hit Globalist in June last year) to reach Bonvoy Titanium.

Killin me, Bonvoy
Didn’t Marriott/united announce this back in August 2018?
Old Mar 7, 2019, 5:58 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, Marriott LTP, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz PC
Besides, what’s the value of OP to UA that the OP flew AS instead of UA?
Old Mar 7, 2019, 6:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by naumank
The same as those that flew the coop once they qualified with Marriott... What I call the Brass Ring Seekers, what's next?
kennycrudup likes this.
Old Mar 7, 2019, 6:13 pm

Programs: Alaska 75K (RIP VX), Hyatt Globalist, BonVoy Plat, National Exec
Thanks for the info on the announcement.

Wow, looks like I missed that email in August somehow, damn. Found an email from Aug 27th titled, "NOW LIVE: New Benefits, One Combined Program." Must be it? (nothing in there now since links to new Bonvoy sites)
Guess my work's going to be paying a lot more money to United this year
Old Mar 7, 2019, 6:27 pm

Programs: Alaska 75K (RIP VX), Hyatt Globalist, BonVoy Plat, National Exec
Originally Posted by naumank
I'm 75K with AS and fly them primarily from SFO. When AS didn't serve the occasional market I was visiting, I enjoyed the modest amount of perks UA Premier Silver provided.
Old Mar 7, 2019, 7:33 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
So basically the OP missed the announcement way back when (not MAR fault) & didn't adjust his travel patterns, so he missed out on some stuff & is now complaining. Does that basically cover it? If he primarily flies a dif airline & only 'occasionally' UA, then he or his company can suck up the fee. If it's occasional, then his company isn't going to be paying much more. Actually, what are they paying? Economy plus, luggage?

Cheers.
Old Mar 7, 2019, 7:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
So basically the OP missed the announcement way back when (not MAR fault) & didn't adjust his travel patterns, so he missed out on some stuff & is now complaining. Does that basically cover it? If he primarily flies a dif airline & only 'occasionally' UA, then he or his company can suck up the fee. If it's occasional, then his company isn't going to be paying much more. Actually, what are they paying? Economy plus, luggage?

Cheers.
There is a perfectly good thread discussing all of this.

Old Mar 7, 2019, 7:42 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by margarita girl

There is a perfectly good thread discussing all of this.

Thanks. The mods will probably move this thread to that one.

Cheers.
Old Mar 8, 2019, 12:20 am

Originally Posted by sabre31_98
Lifetime Titanium, plus qualified for annual Titanium last year through nights. Linked account last month, received Silver quickly, and was since downgraded to member as of yesterday. Re-linked and got message that I was already linked and should take 7-10 days. This mess that is Bonvoy is now getting really old.
Exactly the same for me...
Old Mar 8, 2019, 1:02 am

Just to update.
Resubmitted yesterday, within 24 hours upgraded to United silver now. This time it shows expire Jan 2010.
Old Mar 8, 2019, 1:17 am

Programs: UA 1K; *G, AA Plat
Originally Posted by DonnyJohn
Just to update.
Resubmitted yesterday, within 24 hours upgraded to United silver now. This time it shows expire Jan 2010.
LOL. Jan 2010? Nice! Now we all knew Bonvoy's IT was all funky, looks like it's spreading to UA!
EuropeanPete likes this.
Old Mar 8, 2019, 1:24 am

Originally Posted by laxmillenial
LOL. Jan 2010? Nice! Now we all knew Bonvoy's IT was all funky, looks like it's spreading to UA!
LOL. My bad, it's surely 2020.
Old Mar 8, 2019, 5:01 pm

Programs: UA 1K and PP, AA PPro (3MM, former CK), Marriott Ambassador and LTT, Uber One
I'm LTT. I didn't see an interruption in my UA silver status but today I got an email welcoming me to silver as a result of my Bonvoy status. Seems a bit odd.
Old Mar 8, 2019, 6:37 pm

Originally Posted by ikwia
I'm LTT. I didn't see an interruption in my UA silver status but today I got an email welcoming me to silver as a result of my Bonvoy status. Seems a bit odd.
I got the welcome email as well, without an interruption in my silver status.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.