Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

The Glasshouse, Autograph Collection, Edinburgh, Scotland, UK [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Glasshouse, Autograph Collection, Edinburgh, Scotland, UK [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 15, 2019, 1:49 pm
Suspended
Marriott 25+ BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by damon88
we are planning a stay either late september or early october 2020. Really looking forward to hearing your report.
Stalker!
Old Jun 15, 2019, 1:56 pm
SPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, Lifetime Titanium, Delta Plat, Hilton Diamond , Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by bhrubin
Stalker!

Wait! I think you followed us to Mystique!
bhrubin likes this.
Old Jul 4, 2019, 10:53 am
Suspended
Aman Contributor BadgeMarriott 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by richarddd
Does someone have a working email address for this hotel? About a week ago I emailed [email protected] and haven't received a reply.
Did you ever get a reply?
Old Jul 4, 2019, 11:41 am

Did you ever get a reply?
No. I plan to try again closer to our scheduled stay in September.
Old Jul 4, 2019, 11:48 am
Suspended

No. I plan to try again closer to our scheduled stay in September.
No, no, no! I definitely encourage you to email them again and don't wait until the 11th hour. That will give you the chance to express your concern about the lack of responsiveness in the first place--which very well may improve your experience.

What were you trying to contact them about?
Old Jul 4, 2019, 12:20 pm

No, no, no! I definitely encourage you to email them again and don't wait until the 11th hour. That will give you the chance to express your concern about the lack of responsiveness in the first place--which very well may improve your experience.

What were you trying to contact them about?
I was trying to decide between the terrace and non-terrace version of the rooms. Given that we almost never use terraces and prefer more interior space, we decided to just express a preference for the non-terrace version on the Choose Room Features page. I certainly hope there's no meaningful difference in views.

I'll try again well before the 11th hour.
bhrubin likes this.
Old Jul 4, 2019, 12:24 pm
Suspended

I was trying to decide between the terrace and non-terrace version of the rooms. Given that we almost never use terraces and prefer more interior space, we decided to just express a preference for the non-terrace version on the Choose Room Features page. I certainly hope there's no meaningful difference in views.

I'll try again well before the 11th hour.
OK. If a hotel doesn't respond to emails in a timely fashion, I like to remind them that it reflects very poorly on their service--and that I hope there won't be such a lack of responsiveness when we're on property.

Via my Ambassador, I asked for and was confirmed for the terrace version above the non-terrace version. I don't want someone above me and the terrace could be lovely.
Old Aug 23, 2019, 10:15 am

We just returned for a two night stay at this hotel and thought I would chime in with our thoughts.

We had two rooms that opened onto the garden/terrace. The weather was very nice during our stay and we spent time outside. I was glad I upgraded to those rooms. Both rooms were perfectly clean and nicely furnished. The king beds were in the center of the room, facing the wall so when you laid in bed, you could see the wall mounted tv. It looked odd when we first walked in but it did make for a clever use of space in the room. The bathrooms were updated recently and had an interesting glass treatment on the walls.

Reception is at street level with the rooms and restaurant on upper floors. Breakfast options were typical buffet fare and a la carte options. My husband enjoyed his Scottish breakfast option from the menu.

Service was excellent across the board. We had a minor maintenance issue in the room as well as needing a replacement adapter for the new apple charging cable. Both times, management went above and beyond to solve it asap.

I liked the hotel and would recommend it if you want to stay downtown.
Old Aug 23, 2019, 10:17 am
Suspended

Thanks @Lovethecabin for the recent stay review. Glad you had such a nice stay!

How did you find your room air con if I can ask?
Old Aug 24, 2019, 7:05 am

Good question. Room 1, our son’s room, was icy cold. The AC in our room didn’t work the first night and was repaired the next day. Once repaired, it worked fine.
bhrubin likes this.
Old Aug 24, 2019, 10:31 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Lovethecabin
Good question. Room 1, our son’s room, was icy cold. The AC in our room didn’t work the first night and was repaired the next day. Once repaired, it worked fine.
Thanks. Glad it got sorted. I'd confirmed in writing my crazy req't for excellent air con well before booking and again thereafter.
Old Aug 24, 2019, 12:52 pm

Originally Posted by Lovethecabin
We just returned for a two night stay at this hotel and thought I would chime in with our thoughts.

We had two rooms that opened onto the garden/terrace. The weather was very nice during our stay and we spent time outside. I was glad I upgraded to those rooms. Both rooms were perfectly clean and nicely furnished. The king beds were in the center of the room, facing the wall so when you laid in bed, you could see the wall mounted tv. It looked odd when we first walked in but it did make for a clever use of space in the room. The bathrooms were updated recently and had an interesting glass treatment on the walls.

Reception is at street level with the rooms and restaurant on upper floors. Breakfast options were typical buffet fare and a la carte options. My husband enjoyed his Scottish breakfast option from the menu.

Service was excellent across the board. We had a minor maintenance issue in the room as well as needing a replacement adapter for the new apple charging cable. Both times, management went above and beyond to solve it asap.

I liked the hotel and would recommend it if you want to stay downtown.
It is so nice to hear that they are as excellent as they were two years ago.
bhrubin likes this.
Old Sep 4, 2019, 12:56 pm

Just stayed here and thought it was great overall. SNAs were accepted and upgraded to a New Town Terrace Suite. This is essentially 1 large room so not really a suite in the true sense, but was great for my needs. The terrace is large with it's own seating and low walls dividing between rooms. Breakfast was good, continental included for Platinums and you paid the difference (10 EUR) for adding a menu item as well, all of which were also good. Staff were all helpful and accommodating. Location is also great with the tram to the airport stopping a 2 minute walk away.

One thing to be aware of, the city is doing major construction on the road in front of the hotel (I believe they're extending the tram line so that it will pass the hotel and continue on). Did not notice any significant noise from a room overlooking the street, but the balcony views were obviously less appealing than usual so if you're torn I might go for a garden room instead.
richarddd and bhrubin like this.
Old Sep 4, 2019, 3:33 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by PrancingPonyGoldMember
One thing to be aware of, the city is doing major construction on the road in front of the hotel (I believe they're extending the tram line so that it will pass the hotel and continue on). Did not notice any significant noise from a room overlooking the street, but the balcony views were obviously less appealing than usual so if you're torn I might go for a garden room instead.
Thanks for that heads up! Any idea on how long that roadworks construction will continue?

I've also asked my Ambassador to get an idea of how long that is expected to continue--since we're booked for April 2020--and whether our suite is glass paned appropriately to prevent noise issues.
richarddd likes this.
Old Sep 4, 2019, 5:43 pm

Thanks for that heads up! Any idea on how long that roadworks construction will continue?

I've also asked my Ambassador to get an idea of how long that is expected to continue--since we're booked for April 2020--and whether our suite is glass paned appropriately to prevent noise issues.
We're scheduled to stay there in about two weeks. Please let us know what your Ambassador has to say about noise in that suite. Meanwhile I'll be writing to the hotel and will ask whether it will be quiet despite the construction and will post any response.
bhrubin likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.