Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Dubai, UAE

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 5, 2018, 7:53 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hhoope01
This thread refers to the various Marriott brands within a specific geographic area. Marriott Bonvoy hotels in XX usually have posts asking which property is better, etc. Trip reports are usually better suited in the property specific threads.
Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Dubai, UAE

Search this Thread

Old Jul 7, 2022, 11:30 am

Any recent reviews of the LM Mina Seyahi? Is the Lounge operating as normal, and is there works taking place yet to bring that Barasti area into the fold of the new W Mina Seyahi?
Old Aug 1, 2022, 9:08 am

Programs: FB Platinum, Marriott Platinum Elite
Hello

I do have a two night stay in Sheraton Jumeirah Beach Resort. We do have a late flight departure so I was counting on late check out before realizing that resort properties are a bit different. So we may just book a cheap Courtyard after check out to store bags and take a shower before our flight if we are kicked off. Does anybody know if I earn nights towards keeping the status in resort properties? I'd be pretty close to 50 nights so might even switch hotels eventually in Dubai. Thank you
Old Aug 1, 2022, 10:42 am

Programs: TK *G, all statuses that come with Ritz, Amex Plat, Citi Prestige cards
Originally Posted by pazza2000
Any recent reviews of the LM Mina Seyahi? Is the Lounge operating as normal, and is there works taking place yet to bring that Barasti area into the fold of the new W Mina Seyahi?
I stayed there in March. The lounge was operating at full capacity with decent drinks (even if it was kind of irritating that they basically begged for tips at the end of each happy hour) and the breakfast spread was quite good. Much of what was said on other reviews (here and Tripadvisor) is still true - good beach facilities on the Westin side of the property, but rooms are dated and loud music from the Barasti outdoor nightclub (which I won't say much about here other than to suggest searching Reddit Dubai to get a feel for the sort of crowd it attracts) is a *major* issue if sleep matters to you at all. I guess the decision of whether to stay there should be driven by what you're looking to get out of Dubai... it's totally fine if you're not a light sleeper, have a few free night certificates to burn, want easy beach access and don't mind that it's a self-contained and slightly pretentious resort. I certainly would get tired of it if I stayed more than 3 or 4 nights...
pazza2000 likes this.
Old Aug 1, 2022, 11:38 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by 747jetter
Hello

I do have a two night stay in Sheraton Jumeirah Beach Resort. We do have a late flight departure so I was counting on late check out before realizing that resort properties are a bit different. So we may just book a cheap Courtyard after check out to store bags and take a shower before our flight if we are kicked off. Does anybody know if I earn nights towards keeping the status in resort properties? I'd be pretty close to 50 nights so might even switch hotels eventually in Dubai. Thank you
Yes - you'll get your night and point credits for a stay at a resort.
747jetter likes this.
Old Aug 5, 2022, 2:16 am

Originally Posted by lonelycrowd
I stayed there in March. The lounge was operating at full capacity with decent drinks (even if it was kind of irritating that they basically begged for tips at the end of each happy hour) and the breakfast spread was quite good. Much of what was said on other reviews (here and Tripadvisor) is still true - good beach facilities on the Westin side of the property, but rooms are dated and loud music from the Barasti outdoor nightclub (which I won't say much about here other than to suggest searching Reddit Dubai to get a feel for the sort of crowd it attracts) is a *major* issue if sleep matters to you at all. I guess the decision of whether to stay there should be driven by what you're looking to get out of Dubai... it's totally fine if you're not a light sleeper, have a few free night certificates to burn, want easy beach access and don't mind that it's a self-contained and slightly pretentious resort. I certainly would get tired of it if I stayed more than 3 or 4 nights...
Has the refurb of Barasti to align it with the new W not started yet? If not, it sounds like it’s days are numbered either way, I agree in recent years it’s gone a bit down market for want of a better description. Glad to hear the lounge is still decent, tip begging aside.
Old Aug 7, 2022, 12:54 pm

Programs: BA Bronze, Emirates Silver, Virgin Silver, Marriott Titanium
Dubai Marriott Harbour Hotel & Suites - breakfast

Myself and the mates are booked into the Dubai Marriott Harbour Hotel & Suites later on in the year. We have a 3 bed suite booked and wondering if anyone has any experience of getting the free breakfast for more than 2 folk in lieu of there not being a lounge in the hotel to get breakfast in?
Old Aug 7, 2022, 1:56 pm

Programs: Marriott AMB, Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by nequine
Myself and the mates are booked into the Dubai Marriott Harbour Hotel & Suites later on in the year. We have a 3 bed suite booked and wondering if anyone has any experience of getting the free breakfast for more than 2 folk in lieu of there not being a lounge in the hotel to get breakfast in?
Stayed there in the past and staying here in a couple of days. I believe they are strict with the 2 persons rule except if they are with kids.

I believe that goes for all Marriott properties. Even if the lounge is available, it's still +1.
nequine likes this.
Old Aug 8, 2022, 12:38 am

Programs: BA Bronze, Emirates Silver, Virgin Silver, Marriott Titanium
I don't think big kids counts!

But thanks for confirming what I thought might be the case.
Old Aug 8, 2022, 12:36 pm

Programs: DL Ham Samich
Given that nearly all international departures headed west are around 12-2AM, does anyone have any recommendations for hotels that are extra lenient on late checkouts?

The last time I visited Dubai (~8 years ago), I remember the Doubletree Jumeirah Beach gladly allowed me to checkout at 9 or 10PM on a single night stay... I would love to find this kind of flexibility at a Marriott property as a Titanium.

And somewhat related, does anyone have a recommendation for a single night stay close to the airport for the 1st night? Given how inexpensive hotels are in August, I feel a little remorse about staying at one of the more expensive hotels near the Marina/Palm since I probably won't clear customs until midnight or so...

Thanks in advance!
Old Aug 8, 2022, 12:41 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, UA Gold
Close to the airport and super cheap and therefore an option for arrival and also just to store your luggage prior to a 12-2am departure: Courtyard Culture Village or Aloft Dubai Airport. I used them a few times already for this purpose.
Not as cheap but equally close and also a good deal for the first night: Le Meridien Dubai Hotel & Conference Center
Old Aug 9, 2022, 1:10 am

Programs: Marriott AMB, Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by RFDMinnesota
Given that nearly all international departures headed west are around 12-2AM, does anyone have any recommendations for hotels that are extra lenient on late checkouts?

The last time I visited Dubai (~8 years ago), I remember the Doubletree Jumeirah Beach gladly allowed me to checkout at 9 or 10PM on a single night stay... I would love to find this kind of flexibility at a Marriott property as a Titanium.

And somewhat related, does anyone have a recommendation for a single night stay close to the airport for the 1st night? Given how inexpensive hotels are in August, I feel a little remorse about staying at one of the more expensive hotels near the Marina/Palm since I probably won't clear customs until midnight or so...

Thanks in advance!
I know that the Marina is out of the question, but I once stayed at the GH and arrived around 3 am and they ok'd a very very late checkout. Maybe reach out before moving to the hotels nearby.
Old Aug 9, 2022, 2:04 am

Programs: Avis - PP, Bonvoy - Plat, BA - Bro, Hilton - Dia, Miles&More - FTL, Skywards - Sil, Sixt - Plat
Given that Marriott have built the W alongside the existing LM and Westin shared resort at Mina Seyahi, and there is the new Marriott on Palm West Beach, have they got any plans for something closer to La Mer beach? That area is always nice to go to, but pretty much the Rove, The Hyatt Place and possibly the Mandarin Oriental are pretty much the only places that are either on or walking distance to it, whereas places like the Aloft Al Mina, Grand Sheraton, Le Meridien Fairway send a little bus there once or twice a day which is a lot less flexible.
EHAM1 and Dav77 like this.
Old Aug 9, 2022, 2:06 am

Programs: Avis - PP, Bonvoy - Plat, BA - Bro, Hilton - Dia, Miles&More - FTL, Skywards - Sil, Sixt - Plat
Originally Posted by pazza2000
Has the refurb of Barasti to align it with the new W not started yet? If not, it sounds like it’s days are numbered either way, I agree in recent years it’s gone a bit down market for want of a better description. Glad to hear the lounge is still decent, tip begging aside.
Is that the plan then? Make Baristi part of the W since it's right in front of it?
Old Aug 9, 2022, 9:30 am

Habtoor Grand

This property doesnt seem to get much coverage and I typically stay at GH but wanted a change on a recent stay

SNAs upgraded to a Family Suite which was pleasantly decorated and roomy for 2 adults + 1 kid
Club lounge offered breakfast, afternoon tea (with nice finger sandwiches) and light appetizers in the evening. Alcoholic drinks were waiter served but with no limit that I could hit. The lounge is rather smaller than the GH and offerings less lavish, but I have to say I preferred it simply because of the view. It is at the top of one of the towers, with an open air (but shaded) patio overlooking the Palm in one direction and Bluewaters in the other. It was never overcrowded (which I have experienced at GH). It was great place to relax. Staff were uniformly wonderful

Pool was very overcrowded and could not really support the size of hotel. My kid enjoyed the pool slide, but I didnt find it an appealing place to be. What makes it worse are the Garden Resort buildings which adjoin the pool on two sides. They are a dump and should be pulled down. They seriously detract from the overall tone of the property since the towers are quite nice.

The property is pretty large, with a longish walk to the beach (same as the Meridien next door). In contrast to the Meridien the grounds seemed poorly set out and utilized. Just before reaching the beach there is a pool club, which we considered not the scene for children, so did not use. It is in competition with the nearby (on the beach and not hotel affiliated) beach club which is much more fun. The hotel pool club is therefore empty, even though the regular hotel pool is jammed. There is another - adults only - pool in the main building, but since most guests appear to be travelling with family this also does not help with the congestion at the main pool.

We ate at the Italian - OK. And the English pub, which has long been a favorite hang out of mine for watching sports.

I am torn on whether to recommend this given that there are so many great choices in Dubai. If the price was right I would return, but would look for alternatives first

Side note - the hotel pushes the Pearl show on property and on its website. At first glance it might appear that the show is close by. It isnt. It's in Habtoor City about 30 mins Uber away. However...it is excellent and worth seeing
jaejaez and EHAM1 like this.
Old Aug 9, 2022, 1:49 pm

A question please... We will be staying at Grosvenor House over the New Years period on an award stay. I seem to recall when booking that a mandatory NYE banquet would be charged per person. However, when I look at my reservation I do not see any mention of it. As I have never been during NYE, can anyone explain how this works? Will I be charged and if so is there a specific restaurant?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.