Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Seoul, Korea

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Seoul, Korea

Search this Thread

Old Mar 4, 2020, 2:54 pm

Programs: AA Gold, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, AS 75k
Originally Posted by Jimgotkp
No suite upgrades as a Plat? Breakfast isn't a benefit either, right? I remember the rates there were really cheap. Upside of that location is being near a lot of restaurants.
I understand that moxy hotels have few, if any, suites. As for breakfast, plats get similar to courtyard, 10/day.
Old Mar 4, 2020, 7:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, A3 Gold, FB Gold, Bonvoy Titanium / LTP, Accor Plat
Yes, USD10/day which means paying another ~10/day for breakfast here.

This hotel does apparently have suites (50sqm) but none was available for booking for my dates.

It's a good location. Subway is moments away.
Old Mar 29, 2020, 2:15 pm

Originally Posted by Aventine
Kids under a certain age eat for free in Korea.
If you are platinum or higher, kids (up to 2) eat free if they are 12 and under.
This is the case for East Asia and Southeast Asian countries.
Old Mar 29, 2020, 9:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
Originally Posted by handuk
I've narrowed down my priorities to the most important one haha: For Platinum Elite, who offers best breakfast?

Ryse
Any Fourpoints
Any Courtyards
Any Sheratons

Also, best way to email hotel directly? where do i find email addresses? Ive been messaging on facebook and no replies.

Thanks in advance <3
The Four Points Gangnam breakfast is pretty decent. Can't complain at all. I also like the aloft properties in both Gangnam and especially Myeongdong.
Old Mar 29, 2020, 9:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
Originally Posted by typical
Just booked into the Moxy Insadong for four nights. So far pretty decent - room is a decent size (even a tiny desk) and the bathroom is definitely larger than Moxys I'm used to. Reception on the top floor is a bit odd. Breakfast for 22k wasn't made to sound at all appetising.

Here while I look for something longer term so just wanted cheap. So far so good.
Moxy doesn't give breakfast for Platinum/Titanium??
Old Mar 30, 2020, 1:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by skywalkerLAX
Moxy doesn't give breakfast for Platinum/Titanium??
Nope. Brand standard is $10 daily credit.
Old Mar 31, 2020, 12:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Nope. Brand standard is $10 daily credit.
I almost considered staying here for 2-3 weeks but I guess taking everything into account I'm just going to the aloft or one of the other brands.
Old Mar 31, 2020, 6:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I almost considered staying here for 2-3 weeks but I guess taking everything into account I'm just going to the aloft or one of the other brands.
If that's what was putting you off, you might want to check if the hotels are still serving a full breakfast. I got the impression a few of them have effectively closed their restaurants. Certainly the gyms have been closed.
Old Jan 17, 2021, 6:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

One night stay at the Four Points in Guro.

Typical Asian 4P. Gym is closed and buffet breakfast replaced with a box. Upgraded to a top floor Premium room from a Superior (their 3 suites weren't available, and they didn't offer the room with a kitchenette).

It's quiet, a five minute walk from the station.
Old Jan 19, 2021, 1:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

If that's what was putting you off, you might want to check if the hotels are still serving a full breakfast. I got the impression a few of them have effectively closed their restaurants. Certainly the gyms have been closed.
4P Namsan is one of them without restaurant or room service available.
Old Jan 19, 2021, 3:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It's one thing to close down facilities due to the pandemic, another to just offer a small allowance that's good for a coffee and a danish.
Old Jan 19, 2021, 5:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It's one thing to close down facilities due to the pandemic, another to just offer a small allowance that's good for a coffee and a danish.
That's fair enough, especially as Moxy rates aren't now so far below others in the city (the 4Ps in particular - the Fairfield is often the cheapest Marriott in Seoul). For what it's worth my stay at 4P Guro had a breakfast rate that was KRW1,500 above base rate (about US$1.35). Worth it to take the points for a night.
skywalkerLAX likes this.
Old Jan 20, 2021, 3:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

That's fair enough, especially as Moxy rates aren't now so far below others in the city (the 4Ps in particular - the Fairfield is often the cheapest Marriott in Seoul). For what it's worth my stay at 4P Guro had a breakfast rate that was KRW1,500 above base rate (about US$1.35). Worth it to take the points for a night.
As far as select service hotels are concerned I can only speak of the Aloft Myeongdong and the Four Points Gangnam. Both are pretty acceptable for a short stay. Not so much for multiple weeks however, I don't think I'd want to eat down at the aloft basement for a month.
Old Jan 20, 2021, 10:31 am

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Bonvoy Platinum, Hyatt Globalist
Looks like the Chosun Palace is going to open in April as a Luxury Collection property where the former Renaissance used to be located. Will open as a Cat 6.
skywalkerLAX and falcon9xr like this.
Old Mar 10, 2021, 2:09 pm

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Bonvoy Platinum, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Jimgotkp
Looks like the Chosun Palace is going to open in April as a Luxury Collection property where the former Renaissance used to be located. Will open as a Cat 6.
Opening pushed to May, not taking any reservations yet either.

Thought it was interesting when I clicked the picture of their reception and this came up: "The Grand Reception is located on the 25th floor, where the guest can have the best check-in experience. More over, all guests have access to complimentary light foods and drinks service in the morning and evening at the grand reception area." I guess it's their own version of a mini lounge?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.