Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Seoul, Korea

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Seoul, Korea

Search this Thread

Old Sep 21, 2019, 10:57 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hh Gold, NH*G, SPGP, SQ-CC
Any updates on the Moxy?
Old Sep 21, 2019, 11:35 am

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Bonvoy Platinum, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by geilux
Hi all, We plan a short 3N visit to SEL as first Timers. Visit will be mid December for both my birthday and Christmas Festival.
I am Gold at Marriott and wonder which property would be the best one for both location and Gold recognition.
Thanks
Can't expect much for Gold recognition as North Asian properties tend to very "by the book" but location-wise I would probably go with the Namdaemun/Myeongdong area for first time visitors. Personally, I'm a fan of the CY Namdaemun even though their two bed rooms are quite small and have no real office desk.
Old Sep 24, 2019, 3:16 pm

Anyone know if it's possible to book a room for a parent at any of the Marriott properties in Seoul under my account? Wanted to book a 3 night stay for mother-in-law. She has no status, while I am Titanium.
Old Sep 24, 2019, 4:30 pm

Originally Posted by husky96821
Anyone know if it's possible to book a room for a parent at any of the Marriott properties in Seoul under my account? Wanted to book a 3 night stay for mother-in-law. She has no status, while I am Titanium.
You can book her a room as a primary guest on points but your Titanium status won't carryover. Going the addt'l guest route is not recommended outside the US.
Old Sep 24, 2019, 5:52 pm

Originally Posted by Jimgotkp
You can book her a room as a primary guest on points but your Titanium status won't carryover. Going the addt'l guest route is not recommended outside the US.
Got it. Thanks.
Old Oct 21, 2019, 5:41 am

Programs: Hyatt, Delta, Bonvoy, Hilton, BA, United
Question for those that have visited hotels in the eastern Asian area and are familiar with the Marriott scene in Seoul.

I'm US-based, and have stayed at a number of Korean Marriott family brands for the past couple of years as a Titanium (or equivalent before the merger). Every full-service hotel I've been to in Korea has given me access to the sauna on top of the fitness center and lounge. This includes:
  • Sheraton Seoul Palace Gangnam
  • JW Marriott Seoul
  • Sheraton Seoul D Cube
  • Sheraton Grand Incheon
  • The Plaza
  • Westin Chosun Busan
I've also stayed at the JW Marriott Dongdaemun, which has a sauna, but did not include access (they charged 40,000KRW per-visit iirc).

The sauna has (in addition to the sauna) at least three baths, a hot bath, a really hot bath, and a cold bath. They usually also offer a body scrub (for an additional fee) and have grooming stations (where you can blow-dry your hair, lotion up, etc) and other small amenities.

My wife and I were considering visiting other East Asian countries, and weren't sure if this sort of offering was a uniquely Korean thing, an East Asian thing, or a non-USA thing. I've never seen this sort of thing offered at any of my American stays. I rather enjoy this particular perk, and would like to know if any of the other more traveled FTers can offer insight into whether properties in other countries also include this for members with status.

Also would be curious to know if any of the Courtyards (or any other in the Marriott family) in Seoul have this amenity. It's very hard to discern whether a property offers this from their websites, and short of having a stay there (or asking people who have utilized it), I don't know how I could find out if a particular property offers this or not.

Appreciate the help!

Oh also,
Originally Posted by husky96821
My apologies if this is a day late and a dollar short, but just to add a data point, and YMMV, my wife stayed at the Sheraton Grand Incheon under my name and received full status benefits. I called the US Marriott line prior to the stay and added her name to the reservation. Just FYI.
Old Oct 28, 2019, 10:28 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum & 2MM, Marriott Lifetime TIT, Hertz Pres Club, IHG Gold, *A Gold
Have one night in Seoul and one 40,000 point certificate we need to burn. This will be a Sunday night in early December.

I'd like to get the most value of the cert, which means the JW Dongdaemun or JW Seoul. We will be staying 5 nights at the Westin earlier in the month. My wife is Korean so lounge is important. It would be nice to have convenient transport from Busan (by train) and then to ICN airport the following morning for a 10 AM flight to Bangkok.

Would one of the JW's fit the bill or should I just go back to the Westin for the final night in Korea?
Old Oct 29, 2019, 9:15 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
I don't know about the JW Seoul, but I checked for the JW Dongdaemun (Design Square along the creek) and it has frequent bus service to/from ICN, although one would need to leave early for a 10 am flight, depending on the terminal.

IIRC there's supposedly also a second public bus route that stops very close to this hotel.

Check the specific thread for the JW Dongaemun for some details.
CO-PLAT likes this.
Old Nov 27, 2019, 1:11 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, AA Plat, KE elite, United Gold
Originally Posted by CO-PLAT
Have one night in Seoul and one 40,000 point certificate we need to burn. This will be a Sunday night in early December.

I'd like to get the most value of the cert, which means the JW Dongdaemun or JW Seoul. We will be staying 5 nights at the Westin earlier in the month. My wife is Korean so lounge is important. It would be nice to have convenient transport from Busan (by train) and then to ICN airport the following morning for a 10 AM flight to Bangkok.

Would one of the JW's fit the bill or should I just go back to the Westin for the final night in Korea?
Hello, I'm Korean and I've stayed in both of them numerous times.

Since JW Marriott Seoul is closely located to the 88 highway, it would be more than 30 min faster to get to the airport.
JW dongdaemun is located father northeast into the city, (dongdaemun means the east gate)
JW seoul is newer and has nice squash/basketball/gym area underground with nice sauna.
I personnaly enjoy the view of dongdaemun very much but I would choose Seoul if it were the same price.
Service and F&B is also better at JW seoul and surrounding is much better than dongdaemun also.

hope it helps
CO-PLAT likes this.
Old Nov 27, 2019, 11:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

I would go for the JW Seoul if you want a change from the Westin. Lounge is newer and better than Dongdaemun (they definitely reduced the quality over the years). Not a bad taxi ride from Seoul station and has airport limousine access. You could also take a taxi and do the CAT (no baggage and go directly to Gate) if you're willing to get there 3 hours before.

Westin is the closest to Seoul station and traffic isn't so bad in Seoul early Sunday morning.
CO-PLAT likes this.
Old Nov 28, 2019, 12:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by falcon9xr
Question for those that have visited hotels in the eastern Asian area and are familiar with the Marriott scene in Seoul.

I'm US-based, and have stayed at a number of Korean Marriott family brands for the past couple of years as a Titanium (or equivalent before the merger). Every full-service hotel I've been to in Korea has given me access to the sauna on top of the fitness center and lounge. This includes:
  • Sheraton Seoul Palace Gangnam
  • JW Marriott Seoul
  • Sheraton Seoul D Cube
  • Sheraton Grand Incheon
  • The Plaza
  • Westin Chosun Busan
I've also stayed at the JW Marriott Dongdaemun, which has a sauna, but did not include access (they charged 40,000KRW per-visit iirc).

The sauna has (in addition to the sauna) at least three baths, a hot bath, a really hot bath, and a cold bath. They usually also offer a body scrub (for an additional fee) and have grooming stations (where you can blow-dry your hair, lotion up, etc) and other small amenities.

My wife and I were considering visiting other East Asian countries, and weren't sure if this sort of offering was a uniquely Korean thing, an East Asian thing, or a non-USA thing. I've never seen this sort of thing offered at any of my American stays. I rather enjoy this particular perk, and would like to know if any of the other more traveled FTers can offer insight into whether properties in other countries also include this for members with status.

Also would be curious to know if any of the Courtyards (or any other in the Marriott family) in Seoul have this amenity. It's very hard to discern whether a property offers this from their websites, and short of having a stay there (or asking people who have utilized it), I don't know how I could find out if a particular property offers this or not.

Appreciate the help!

Oh also,

My apologies if this is a day late and a dollar short, but just to add a data point, and YMMV, my wife stayed at the Sheraton Grand Incheon under my name and received full status benefits. I called the US Marriott line prior to the stay and added her name to the reservation. Just FYI.
Japan would be the closest bath culture because they invented it and Koreans adopted it. The CYs in Seoul might have one or two tubs but nothing like JW DDM or Seoul. They're much smaller properties.

Any of the higher end Marriotts (Westin, Prince Galleries, Ritz Carlton) in Tokyo will have the saunas and soaking tubs that you like. The body scrubbing is uniquely Korean.
falcon9xr likes this.
Old Jan 10, 2020, 11:39 pm

Programs: AA Gold, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, AS 75k
I noted in the lounge thread that many high end hotels in Korea don’t allow children in the lounge, just curious if there is a law or just custom. In any event, does anyone have insight into Seoul hotels that don’t restrict children? Thx
Old Jan 12, 2020, 5:19 pm

Programs: AC SE. Hilton Diamond, Marriot TI, Avis PC. Hertz PC.
I'm going to Korea (I'm Korean born Canadian citizen) for work in March. I'm looking to staying about a week.
I was wondering for the 7 days+ stay, if you guys had any recommendations? My budget would be under 200,000 / night. Preferably hanging around 150,000 ish. So I guess Category 5 at a good price is what I am looking for.

I am Marriott Platinum, and HIlton Gold. I know this is not Hilton thread, but if you guys have a combined recommendation, that will be super appreciated! Location doesn't really matter to me, and I will not be driving/parking.

Thanks in advance guys
Old Jan 13, 2020, 5:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by handuk
I'm going to Korea (I'm Korean born Canadian citizen) for work in March. I'm looking to staying about a week.
I was wondering for the 7 days+ stay, if you guys had any recommendations? My budget would be under 200,000 / night. Preferably hanging around 150,000 ish. So I guess Category 5 at a good price is what I am looking for.

I am Marriott Platinum, and HIlton Gold. I know this is not Hilton thread, but if you guys have a combined recommendation, that will be super appreciated! Location doesn't really matter to me, and I will not be driving/parking.

Thanks in advance guys
You could try the RYSE or Courtyard Namdaemun.
Old Jan 13, 2020, 6:04 am

Where's your office? I usually stay at the CY Namdaemun (been here for two weeks in the past two months) or CY Times Square. Not a fan of the Hiltons in Seoul except for maybe the Conrad but rates there are usually 200K+ KRW/night. I think Marriott properties will be better for you in your price range.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.