Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Seoul, Korea

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Seoul, Korea

Search this Thread

Old Jan 13, 2020, 6:49 am

Programs: A3(*G), Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by Jimgotkp
Where's your office? I usually stay at the CY Namdaemun (been here for two weeks in the past two months) or CY Times Square. Not a fan of the Hiltons in Seoul except for maybe the Conrad but rates there are usually 200K+ KRW/night. I think Marriott properties will be better for you in your price range.
What don't you like about the Hiltons?

I'm staying at the Millennium in March and I took it over the CY Namdaemun (which I also like) because it turned out to be a lot cheaper during the recent flash sale.
I also wanted proximity to Seoul Station as this time I'll be doing more daytrips from Seoul rather than sightseeing in the city itself.
Old Jan 13, 2020, 4:37 pm

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Bonvoy Platinum, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by yurtripper
What don't you like about the Hiltons?

I'm staying at the Millennium in March and I took it over the CY Namdaemun (which I also like) because it turned out to be a lot cheaper during the recent flash sale.
I also wanted proximity to Seoul Station as this time I'll be doing more daytrips from Seoul rather than sightseeing in the city itself.
Mainly the locations but the Milennium makes sense if you want to be near Seoul Station. Definitely a better option than the Four Points when it comes to proximity to Seoul Station.
Old Jan 14, 2020, 2:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Mainly the locations but the Milennium makes sense if you want to be near Seoul Station. Definitely a better option than the Four Points when it comes to proximity to Seoul Station.
No way. The Four Points is connected through the B2 while the Millenium Hilton is up the hill in Huam dong. You can also just use the surface route (crosswalk and sidewalk) to get to Seoul station.
Old Jan 15, 2020, 3:12 am

Originally Posted by Aventine
No way. The Four Points is connected through the B2 while the Millenium Hilton is up the hill in Huam dong. You can also just use the surface route (crosswalk and sidewalk) to get to Seoul station.
You're right about the connection, I forgot about that with the Four Points. Good call.
Old Jan 19, 2020, 9:07 am

Best hotel when bringing an infant

Hi all,

I will be visiting Seoul for 5 nights in April with my wife and then 9 month old infant. I’m trying to decide between plaza, Westin, Le meridian, and the Sheratons. I don’t have enough points for the JWs. I am titanium status. My wife and I prioritize breakfast and location for touristy things. We don’t care for evening HH since we normally venture out for dinner. Can someone confirm that all executive lounges do not allow babies? If so, which hotels allow complimentary breakfast in the restaurant?

everyone, great reviews on the hotels! Anyone have experience with Le meridian? It’ll cost me the same pts wise 35k as plaza and Westin. No much in terms of reviews for this hotel. It looks nice considering it was formerly the ritz.
Old Jan 19, 2020, 10:07 am

Programs: AA Gold, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, AS 75k
Originally Posted by Trojanman31
Hi all,

I will be visiting Seoul for 5 nights in April with my wife and then 9 month old infant. I’m trying to decide between plaza, Westin, Le meridian, and the Sheratons. I don’t have enough points for the JWs. I am titanium status. My wife and I prioritize breakfast and location for touristy things. We don’t care for evening HH since we normally venture out for dinner. Can someone confirm that all executive lounges do not allow babies? If so, which hotels allow complimentary breakfast in the restaurant?

everyone, great reviews on the hotels! Anyone have experience with Le meridian? It’ll cost me the same pts wise 35k as plaza and Westin. No much in terms of reviews for this hotel. It looks nice considering it was formerly the ritz.
I am headed to the Courtyard Namdaemun with a similar question. I did call the hotel and they said it shouldn't be a problem, but of course YMMV. I have only had this issue once in another hotel and they offered breakfast in the restaurant and some other perks.
Old Jan 30, 2020, 4:50 pm

Programs: AC SE. Hilton Diamond, Marriot TI, Avis PC. Hertz PC.
Where's your office? I usually stay at the CY Namdaemun (been here for two weeks in the past two months) or CY Times Square. Not a fan of the Hiltons in Seoul except for maybe the Conrad but rates there are usually 200K+ KRW/night. I think Marriott properties will be better for you in your price range.
I get to kind of call the places of meeting around the city, so that's why I am not too worried about the location. I guess I am looking for good breakfast.
I know that places like Westin has amazing breakfast buffet at the Aria, is it safe to assume that free breakfast via lounge access or 'welcoming gift' is NOT going to be something as glamorous? haha
I am watching CY and Ryse for good price, and I will probably book those.
Old Jan 30, 2020, 7:19 pm

Originally Posted by handuk
I get to kind of call the places of meeting around the city, so that's why I am not too worried about the location. I guess I am looking for good breakfast.
I know that places like Westin has amazing breakfast buffet at the Aria, is it safe to assume that free breakfast via lounge access or 'welcoming gift' is NOT going to be something as glamorous? haha
I am watching CY and Ryse for good price, and I will probably book those.
I'm not sure if the Westin offers the breakfast buffet even as a welcome amenity, so best to look at past reports of that property or give the hotel a call. I believe the Plaza only offers breakfast at the lounge. Courtyard Namdaemun only offers breakfast at the lounge but I believe the RYSE lets you eat at their restaurant since they don't have a lounge.

Take a look at the Conrad via FHR as well since they sometimes do 4th/5th night free and booking via FHR gets the hotel restaurant.
Old Feb 1, 2020, 7:56 am

I'm exploring my Marriott options in Seoul, and this time I'd like to stay at a JW Marriott property for a few nights.
It looks like Seoul has two JW Marriotts with similar price ranges and the same Bonvoy Category (6).
Is one of the two better than the other in terms of elite treatment (I am Titanium elite) and food quality in the executive lounge during happy hour?
The locations of the properties don't matter much to me this time so location won't be a factor in determining where to stay.
Thank you-
Old Feb 1, 2020, 11:13 am

Originally Posted by agjil
I'm exploring my Marriott options in Seoul, and this time I'd like to stay at a JW Marriott property for a few nights.
It looks like Seoul has two JW Marriotts with similar price ranges and the same Bonvoy Category (6).
Is one of the two better than the other in terms of elite treatment (I am Titanium elite) and food quality in the executive lounge during happy hour?
The locations of the properties don't matter much to me this time so location won't be a factor in determining where to stay.
Thank you-
The Marriott in Gangnam is far superior than the one in Dongdaemun. Read my post in the property thread and shoot me a PM if you need any specific information
JW Gangnam's lounge quality is one of the best I've seen anywhere in the world (shoulder to shoulder with Grosvenor House Dubai, Plaza Athenee Bangkok)
falcon9xr likes this.
Old Feb 1, 2020, 4:17 pm

Originally Posted by jaejaez
The Marriott in Gangnam is far superior than the one in Dongdaemun. Read my post in the property thread and shoot me a PM if you need any specific information
JW Gangnam's lounge quality is one of the best I've seen anywhere in the world (shoulder to shoulder with Grosvenor House Dubai, Plaza Athenee Bangkok)
Thanks for the input, I read your post in the property thread and it was very helpful.
On pictures, the JW Dongdaemun's rooms look nicer, but it sounds like service and food are better at the other JW.
I will book the JW Marriott Seoul Gangnam per your advice.
falcon9xr likes this.
Old Feb 1, 2020, 5:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by agjil
Thanks for the input, I read your post in the property thread and it was very helpful.
On pictures, the JW Dongdaemun's rooms look nicer, but it sounds like service and food are better at the other JW.
I will book the JW Marriott Seoul Gangnam per your advice.
In real life, JW Seoul's rooms are probably nicer since they were recently redone. Dongdaemun's are 6 years old now.
jaejaez likes this.
Old Feb 1, 2020, 7:34 pm
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: SkyTeam Elite, HH Gold, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by samosa
I am headed to the Courtyard Namdaemun with a similar question. I did call the hotel and they said it shouldn't be a problem, but of course YMMV. I have only had this issue once in another hotel and they offered breakfast in the restaurant and some other perks.
CY Namdaemun is my go to. People bring kids in at breakfast all the time. You can't bring in the little ones for evening drinks though. I think under 12 isn't allowed.
samosa likes this.
Old Feb 1, 2020, 7:57 pm

Originally Posted by Aventine
In real life, JW Seoul's rooms are probably nicer since they were recently redone. Dongdaemun's are 6 years old now.
Interesting...your statement confirms I made the right decision to book the JW Seoul over the JW Dongdaemun.
Thanks.
falcon9xr likes this.
Old Feb 1, 2020, 11:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Handcake
CY Namdaemun is my go to. People bring kids in at breakfast all the time. You can't bring in the little ones for evening drinks though. I think under 12 isn't allowed.
Some Seoul Marriott lounges will allow kids for the evening sessions.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.