Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Cancun [Merged threads]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 9, 2018, 7:19 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hhoope01
This thread refers to the various Marriott brands within a specific geographic area. Marriott Bonvoy hotels in XX usually have posts asking which property is better, etc. Trip reports are usually better suited in the property specific threads.
Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Cancun [Merged threads]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 12, 2006, 5:28 am

Thanks for the info. Sounds as if Club 91 will meet our breakfast lunch and snack needs. I am looking forward to our stay.
Old Aug 12, 2006, 8:26 am

Programs: UA-1K(BIS), Marriott-Platinum Premier, Hertz-PC, Fairmont-PC
Did you get bottled water to take to the pool?

Dennis
Old Aug 14, 2006, 3:07 pm

Programs: Bonvoy TE(LT), DL DM(Retired) 1MM, AA EXP
My wife and I had no problems taking a couple of bottles of water out of Club 91. We probably did this everytime we went in - during our trip in July 2005.
Old Sep 9, 2006, 11:30 pm

Programs: US CP, MR Plat
thanks for all the info.
Old Oct 9, 2006, 2:29 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum Hyatt Diamond Hilton Gold SPG Gold National Executive Avis Preferred Hertz Gold
Dinner for 2 certificates in Cancun

Will be staying at the Casa Magna Cancun and would like feedback about purchasing/using these certificates at the Casa Magna as well as the JW Marriott. Each person gets appetizer/salad/entree/dessert/unlimited non-alcoholic drinks. If you've eaten at the restaurants at these properties would we save money by buying these certs for $99? Or would it be less expensive without? Thanks to all for your feedback.
Old Oct 10, 2006, 7:11 am

Programs: Marriott Rwards, Delta Skymiles
if you wanted it all, you could save some money, but you can have a full meal in any of their restuarants for less. I wouldn't get more than one certificate.
Old Oct 10, 2006, 4:10 pm

Programs: DL DM, 1MM AA PLT 2MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, and...Smiles Diamante
I would agree -- you'd really have to stuff your face to get the value out of the certificates, and even then, I think you might only come out 10-15 USD ahead.

I can't speak for other restaurants, but La Capilla at the CM has a very nice salad bar for 9 USD on top of your meal...and I can't see how one would need an appetizer as well.

You'd probably get more mileage at Gustino, but, from my perspective, the food there wasn't that hot...the service was memorable, but the actual meal was not.

(Just my thoughts from a turbo trip we took this weekend...)

Last edited by snorkmaster; Oct 11, 2006 at 11:03 pm
Old Oct 11, 2006, 12:31 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum Hyatt Diamond Hilton Gold SPG Gold National Executive Avis Preferred Hertz Gold
I should add that all taxes and gratuaties are included with these certificates. Thanks.
Old Dec 12, 2006, 7:22 am

Programs: UA Lifetime 1K, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, HH Diamond, Delta Base, AA Base
Recent stay at CasaMagna Cancun

Long-time member, but 1st new thread. I stayed at the CM Cancun for a week recently, the Fri. after Thanksgiving. While I was very pleased with the service, I wanted to share my experiences with the physical building (ie. post-hurricane construction).
1st room I checked into (no upgrade offered) was #5048 ocean view looking directly out to pool. After 5 minutes, banging from room next door started and continued for a long time (about 4PM).
I walked down to the Concierge and asked for the "construction hours" and he said he would research, gave me a discount coupon for Champions and said he would come get me with an answer. After about 1 hr., he comes over and says they will move and upgrade me to #5080 - an exec. suite (separate BR) located kitty corner from elevator door. We move.....
But, still, construction crews begin about 8AM each day as they work to get several damaged rooms in shape. Also, the north elevator is not running (customers use service elevator). Noise (banging) continues until about 5PM each day.
So, if you're on the beach, doing excursions, or somewhere NOT in the room - no problems. FYI. Again, other than that - the staff was great, service was great, the beach is probably better than before Wilma, and the beach vendors are back.
Old Dec 12, 2006, 7:51 am
Moderator, Marriott Bonvoy & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United Silver; AA Plat/2MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Hilton Gold
Thanks for the update. It sounds like overall they are trying to be courteous to their guests in reguards to the construction, especially if it ends at 5:00pm every day.
Old Dec 13, 2006, 8:12 am

Thanks for the update. My family and I are going in Mid January. Are you able to ask for a noncontruction area when you check in? Did you happen to use bonus bucks at this property? How were the restaurants and finally, were you able to use the pool/spa at the JW without incident?

Thank you very much. Further comments appreciated.
Old Dec 13, 2006, 9:11 am

Programs: UA Lifetime 1K, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, HH Diamond, Delta Base, AA Base
Regarding the last poster's questions, I didn't have knowledge of on-going construction, so I didn't request that upon check-in. As a Plat Premier this year (one of the lucky ones), I've gotten used to auto suite upgrades, but I was pre-checked into room #1 by the Concierge, with no upgrade at first.
Q1: My guess is that the rooms on the end of each bank (the hotel is U-shaped) are better than the middle areas. So, I'd ask.
Q2: I used BonusBucks and they were credited w/no issues upon checkout.
Q3: I had eaten at both Champions and Mikado at CM before and went to both this time; they're the both good, not great. The breakfast at LaCapilla's is good, but expensive on its own ($20), so try to find a 2-for-breakfast rate if you plan to eat there each day.
Other restaurants have popped up in the area. Across the street is Lorito Joe's (very good seafood) and a couple other places nearby. Do a search in the Cancun (Mexico) forum; recent thread on restaurant reco's.
Q4: You're able to use the facilities and beach at the JW next door. But, do a search on tripadvisor, because I think one of the JW pools was undergoing construction.
Old Dec 13, 2006, 9:43 am

Originally Posted by bkramt1
Q4: You're able to use the facilities and beach at the JW next door. But, do a search on tripadvisor, because I think one of the JW pools was undergoing construction.
Actually, unless something changed with the hurricane, you are NOT allowed to use the JW's pools--although there really isn't anyone watching out for this. The beaches there are just one long stretch of beach for miles and so you can use any part of the beach you want. And, of course, you are able to spend any money you want at the JW's restaurants, spa, etc. and even have it charged to your room at the CasaMagna.
Old Dec 13, 2006, 2:54 pm

Thank you for the helpful information!
Old Dec 24, 2006, 8:42 am

Programs: UA-1K(BIS), Marriott-Platinum Premier, Hertz-PC, Fairmont-PC
JW Marriott Cancun ??

Has anyone been to this hotel in the last month or so? Going for a family vacation end of January.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.