Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Costa Rica

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 5, 2018, 3:55 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hhoope01
This thread refers to the various Marriott brands within a specific geographic area. Marriott Bonvoy hotels in XX usually have posts asking which property is better, etc. Trip reports are usually better suited in the property specific threads.

Links below are for specific properties:

El Mangroove, Autograph Collection
JW Marriott Guanacaste
Los Suenos Marriott
Hotel Punta Islita Autograph Collection
Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Costa Rica

Search this Thread

Old Mar 7, 2006, 6:05 pm

Programs: Marriott (Lifetime Titantium), whatever other programs as benefits make sense.
I used the shuttle service without problem. It is outside, just wander around until you see the Marriott shuttle van. There are a LOT of people out there, so it can be a bit un-nerving, but be brave and you should be able to push through the crowd and find it.

Greg
Old Mar 7, 2006, 6:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Some place in this wonderful world (usually at 39,000 ft in seat 1C)
Programs: CO Gold Elite / NW Gold Elite
Originally Posted by sjk616
From my recollection of my trip to Costa Rica 2 years ago,the Marriott shuttle was just outside Arrivals area ...no calls were needed on my part...
Was still this way last August....if you have any questions just ask in baggage claim and they'll be glad to direct you
Old Mar 7, 2006, 6:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by GregWTravels
I used the shuttle service without problem. It is outside, just wander around until you see the Marriott shuttle van. There are a LOT of people out there, so it can be a bit un-nerving, but be brave and you should be able to push through the crowd and find it.

Greg
I completely agree...great advice!
Old Mar 7, 2006, 6:12 pm

Programs: QF Silver
Very easy to find the shuttle...think they have someone hawking the baggage claim areas at least for each AA arrival. We just went up to the guy holding the big red Marriott sign & he took us to the place to catch the shuttle.
Old Mar 14, 2006, 1:57 pm

Programs: AA Plt 3MM; UA 1K 2 MM; MR Lifetime Plat; HH Lifetime Diamond; HH Diamond; IGH Spire Ambas; SPG Gold
I hera from a tour guide in CR that the beaches are gorgeous up north. Can't wait! http://www.billbeardcostarica.com/ph...ber/News03.php
Old Sep 22, 2006, 4:10 pm
Suspended

Programs: HH Diamond, SPG Gold, PC Platinum Ambassador, Marriott Silver
Cross-reference for housekeeping purposes and future reference ;)

Originally Posted by tasnam
I posted my Costa Rica trip info in the trip reports section for all to see.
Here's that trip report link:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=381810
Old Sep 26, 2006, 2:29 pm

Programs: AA Plt 3MM; UA 1K 2 MM; MR Lifetime Plat; HH Lifetime Diamond; HH Diamond; IGH Spire Ambas; SPG Gold
Originally Posted by tasnam
Zarcero,

I will be at the Marriott Los Suenos in three days (Dec 7th).

What activites would you recommend (or avoid) that would be within...say 1-1/2 hours? (Meaning day drive activities only)

Tasnam
Spent this past Presidents Day long weekend at Marriott Los Suenos this year. The MUST DO is Manuel Antonio National Park. It's about 90 minutes drive from the hotel.

We had the hotel rent a driver for us for the day--I believe it was $250, but nothing is cheap in Costa Rica. When we got to the park, a guide offered his services--$50 for about 4 hours. Truly spectacular.

The guide was very knowledgeable, and had a telescope for focusing on wildlife close up. He spotted creatures we would never have noticed in a milion years. And the beaches in the park are gorgeous.

The LS hotel itself is about average or maybe slightly above for a Marriott (but its accessibility to the Manueal Antonio National Park a huge plus). Ditto for the Marriott San Jose where we stayed about three years ago in terms of hotel quality and overall experience. If I were only going to go to Costa Rica once in the next decade, and had Marriott points to burn, I might wait two or so years for construction of the new JW Marriott in Guanacaste to be completed. It's well north--but apparently in a gorgeous setting where a Four Seasons hotel is already getting raves, and Hyatt too is building.

Last edited by travelexpert; Sep 26, 2006 at 2:35 pm
Old Mar 24, 2007, 4:10 pm

Programs: UA P, BA S, A3 *G, IHG Plat, Marriott Lt P, Hilton Gld, etc.
for these who are considering to stay at the property, please be advised that there is a construction going on currently - hotel is adding another wing (that will be right wing if you're looking at the main entrance). it is not very well visible from outside, so if you are checking in, ask for a room in left wing. construction noise is quite audible in right wing and near the pool area (they don't work after 6pm and on Sunday). Otherwise it is still great hotel as it always have been.
AX
Old Mar 24, 2007, 4:19 pm

Programs: UA P, BA S, A3 *G, IHG Plat, Marriott Lt P, Hilton Gld, etc.
can not agree more with the previous post. beach conditions on playa herradura are pathetic with muddy water, LOTS and LOTS of people and cars parked everywhere. 15 miles of drive south (past Jaco) yields much better beaches (alas with higher waves) but almost no people. so if anyone is willing to stay at Los Suenos because of access to the ocean, rent a car. If ocean is not needed, then Marriott San Jose is much better situated to see other areas of the country and less expensive.
AX
Old Mar 25, 2007, 8:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: MR/SPG LT Titanium, AA LT PLT, UA SLV, Avis PreferredPlus
Originally Posted by GregWTravels
I wouldn't bother spending more than 1 night in San Jose.
My thoughts exactly

Originally Posted by kersie
after a 5 hour flight, we're just not ready to move onto our first destination.
If it's in the right direction (Arenal, Monteverde), consider making the 1 hour drive to the Peace Lodge at La Paz Waterfall Gardens.
Old Apr 18, 2007, 10:51 pm

Just returned from a stay there. Very nice large hotel, but quite Americanized. I also found the service "too much", very intrusive. I wouldn't stay there again, since we prefer more local flavor.
Old May 17, 2007, 2:58 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium (former PP), Hilton Silver, UA Silver, AS Member, Hertz 5*
Sweepstakes for a Trip to Costa Rica

Marriott is running a sweepstakes for a six-day, five-night “eco-cation” at the Los Sueños Marriott Ocean & Golf Resort in Costa Rica. The online video contest is in conjunction with their promotion of Marriott's environmental efforts. You can find out more about the contest and enter here.
Old Jul 15, 2007, 9:06 pm

Programs: CX-Silver, HH-Diamond, SPG-Gold
Mariott San Jose, Costa Rica

Haven't seen an updated post regarding this property, so figured I'd contribute a little.

Duration of stay: July 4th - 9th.
Booked: Corporate rate

I was assigned a room in the (west?) wing overlooking the driving range. Not too noisy as the construction is on the other side of the hallway (does that make sense?).

Room was nice.. decor was better than I expected.

Food choices: 2 resturants, 1 coffee bar. Prices are more expensive on all accounts than the IC Real. One resturant has a buffet every few days with different themes.. nice touch.

Turndown service was nice and prompt somewhere around 7-8pm. (unlike the IC Real where it's like 5pm).

It's built on (around?) a plantation. There's no where to wander off the property. Free aiport shuttle both ways. All taxis "from" the hotel are flat rate. E.g. USD$12 from Mariott to Forum (major business centre).

Hot tub/jacuzzi is nice, but a bit of a trek from the west wing. If you frequent it, then you want a room in the east wing (assuming the one i was in was the west).

They only change USD100/day/room to Colones. Good to keep in mind just in case.

Overall a pretty good experience, mind you, I'd rather be more centralized so I probably wouldn't stay here again unless it was only for a couple R&R days where I wouldn't plan on leaving the hotel.

Any other questions.. just ask while it's fresh in my mind.
Old Jul 16, 2007, 10:47 am

Programs: Marriott LT Titanium; IHG Diamond Ambassador
How was the Blue Marlin Bar
Old Jul 16, 2007, 4:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Just to avoid any confusion...this thread is about the Marriott San Jose CR (there are other MI branded hotels in CR)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.