FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Costa Rica
View Single Post
Old Jul 15, 2007, 9:06 pm
infy9001

Programs: CX-Silver, HH-Diamond, SPG-Gold
Mariott San Jose, Costa Rica

Haven't seen an updated post regarding this property, so figured I'd contribute a little.

Duration of stay: July 4th - 9th.
Booked: Corporate rate

I was assigned a room in the (west?) wing overlooking the driving range. Not too noisy as the construction is on the other side of the hallway (does that make sense?).

Room was nice.. decor was better than I expected.

Food choices: 2 resturants, 1 coffee bar. Prices are more expensive on all accounts than the IC Real. One resturant has a buffet every few days with different themes.. nice touch.

Turndown service was nice and prompt somewhere around 7-8pm. (unlike the IC Real where it's like 5pm).

It's built on (around?) a plantation. There's no where to wander off the property. Free aiport shuttle both ways. All taxis "from" the hotel are flat rate. E.g. USD$12 from Mariott to Forum (major business centre).

Hot tub/jacuzzi is nice, but a bit of a trek from the west wing. If you frequent it, then you want a room in the east wing (assuming the one i was in was the west).

They only change USD100/day/room to Colones. Good to keep in mind just in case.

Overall a pretty good experience, mind you, I'd rather be more centralized so I probably wouldn't stay here again unless it was only for a couple R&R days where I wouldn't plan on leaving the hotel.

Any other questions.. just ask while it's fresh in my mind.