Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in or near Boston, MA

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 9, 2018, 7:28 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hhoope01
This thread refers to the various Marriott brands within a specific geographic area. Marriott Bonvoy hotels in XX usually have posts asking which property is better, etc. Trip reports are usually better suited in the property specific threads.
Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in or near Boston, MA

Search this Thread

Old Feb 22, 2004, 8:23 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, Starwood Gold, US Silver
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by boltor:
Are either of these near a T?</font>
Depends what you mean by "near" and "T". According to mbta.com, both are a half mile from T bus stops. Knowing the area, it may not be a pleasant walk, either. The Cambridge Marriott is an excellent suggestion.
Old Feb 22, 2004, 9:14 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, United Silver
I'm looking for a decent hotel with easy train access to downtown Boston without having to pay the downtown prices.

Any ideas? The direction from downtown really doesn't matter.

Thanks in advance.
Old Feb 22, 2004, 10:13 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, Starwood Gold, US Silver
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by boltor:
I'm looking for a decent hotel with easy train access to downtown Boston without having to pay the downtown prices.</font>
The cheapest Marriott with subway access is the new Courtyard Brookline, which has gotten solid reviews here. The next cheapest option is the Marriott Quincy, which is a bit of a hike from the T. Beyond that...there's a Fairfield in Woburn that I recall is near a commuter-rail stop, but I'd check with the hotel.
Old Feb 23, 2004, 7:57 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by jclip:
The cheapest Marriott with subway access is the new Courtyard Brookline, which has gotten solid reviews here. The next cheapest option is the Marriott Quincy, which is a bit of a hike from the T. Beyond that...there's a Fairfield in Woburn that I recall is near a commuter-rail stop, but I'd check with the hotel.</font>
I have reviewed the CY Brookline quite favorably on this board in the past, so if you can find a good rate there, I highly recommend it. Awesome location in Coolidge Corner, and very easy access to the T and downtown. Marriott Cambridge is also a winner (check out recent thread).

None of the suburban Marriotts are particularly close to the T (I wouldn't recommend even considering the bus). If you want to take the train downtown, you can drive from the Route 128 area down Route 2, park at the Alewife garage, and take the Red line downtown. Parking is $4.50/day, which is a heck of a lot cheaper than driving downtown.

Enjoy your time in Boston!
Old Mar 15, 2004, 7:26 pm
nlp

Residence Inn Cambridge Boston

Is this hotel far from a subway station? I will have a conference at Hynes Convention Center and most hotels around it are fully booked.

Thanks.
Old Mar 15, 2004, 8:07 pm

Programs: Delta - PM; Marriott - Gold; Hilton - Silver
No. Exit the hotel from the lobby and hang a right. Take your next right at the light and proceed until you come to another intersection (main street I believe). Take a left, you will pass Legal Seafoods and the MIT COOP (on your left). Just after the COOP is the subway station. An entrance is on each side of main street (I can't remember which side is Inbound and which is Outbound - it will be clearly marked however). Total walking time from the Residence Inn is less than 5 minutes.
Old Mar 15, 2004, 8:43 pm
nlp

Thanks a lot.
Old Mar 16, 2004, 4:47 am

Programs: Starriot Platinum, DL PM, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Explorist
You can also exit the hotel, turn right and walk straight down to the Marriott. Then walk all the way through the Marriott lobby and when you emerge on the other side you will be at the same subway entrance (outbound). Cross the street for the inbound subway entrance. I've done this in January and even with the wind chill (minus something or other) the short walk wasn't too bad.

[This message has been edited by rtpflyer (edited Mar 16, 2004).]
Old Mar 16, 2004, 5:49 am

If the weather is nice and you have some extra time, it's an absolutely beautiful walk, probably 1 or 2 miles, from Kendall Sq. to the Hynes, most of it along the riverbank.

Cross the Salt & Pepper Bridge at Kendall Sq, then walk along the river promenade to the first pedestrian bridge after you pass the music shell (Hatch Shell). Then walk about 4 or 5 short blocks (keeping the river at your back) to the Hynes.

Old Mar 16, 2004, 8:53 am

This hotel has a nice spread for breakfast. However, the happy hour snacks are not quite as good. Also, the Commonwealth of Mass. does not allow them to serve free wine/beer at happyhour. You can buy it instead.
Old Mar 16, 2004, 10:27 am

You can also check out the following thread about the Cambridge Marriott, which is very close to the RI. There's some good information on what's available to you in Kendall Square (not much) and what's nearby (boatloads).

Enjoy your stay in Boston!

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/forum63/HTML/003702.html

[This message has been edited by sonofapilot (edited Mar 16, 2004).]
Old Apr 25, 2004, 5:03 pm

small and basic

been there, small and very basic

Last edited by hoppingoodtimes; Apr 25, 2004 at 5:06 pm
Old Apr 25, 2004, 10:39 pm

Programs: US 1 Mar Plt Hertz PC
I recommend you stay at the CY in Raynham--it is right across the street from one of my favorite I-Dine restaurants, The Stoneforge Inn. The FS Quincy Marriott is also pretty close. The disparity in pricing between the Quincy property any "lesser" Boston area properties is not that much.
Old May 4, 2004, 9:38 am
Suspended

Historic Courtyard by Marriott Opens in Boston Copley Square

Historic Courtyard by Marriott Opens in Boston Copley Square

DANBURY, Conn., May 3 /PRNewswire/ -- Center City Boston's first Courtyard by Marriott has opened in the heart of the renowned Copley Square. The 113-year-old landmark building has undergone substantial renovation and is under the management of Meyer Jabara Hotels. Jeffrey Pitt, a Marriott veteran hotelier, is the property's general manager. Reservations can be made by calling 1-800-321-2211.

Located at Eighty-Eight Exeter Street, the historic structure has been transformed over a two-year period from a vacant apartment building to an
81-room, full-service business hotel offering upscale accommodations at moderate rates. Throughout the renovation process, Meyer Jabara has worked closely with city officials and hired its own archivist to ensure that the hotel's gothic revival style exterior of multi-colored brick, ironwork and
terracotta accents was maintained to preserve the structure's historic charm.

Three new floors were added to the building bringing it to a total of 10 stories. Due to the unique floor plan, there are 17 guest room configurations, many with bay windows that offer sweeping views of Boston. The Courtyard by Marriott -- Boston Copley Square offers a full buffet breakfast with a staffed display cooking station. In addition, the hotel will feature The Market, open 24 hours offering fresh sandwiches, salads and snacks....

http://www.prnewswire.com/cgi-bin/st...2164899&EDATE=
Old May 4, 2004, 3:18 pm

Programs: UA 3.6 MM, Marriott Lifetime Plat
Isn't there already at least one marriott in Boston Copley Square?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.