Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in or near Boston, MA

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 9, 2018, 7:28 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hhoope01
This thread refers to the various Marriott brands within a specific geographic area. Marriott Bonvoy hotels in XX usually have posts asking which property is better, etc. Trip reports are usually better suited in the property specific threads.
Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in or near Boston, MA

Search this Thread

Old Mar 13, 2024, 1:26 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Tit, Hilton Diamond, BA Gold, Carlson Gold, UA*S,
Originally Posted by Johnny Rocket
Anyone stayed at AC Boston?
Replying to my own message, I would heartily recommend the AC Boston Downtown. It is both cheap in terms of price and also points, regularly below 35K so useful for FNAs.

The hotel is also a relatively recent construction which means all of the furnishings inside are new. It makes for a modern and stylish feel when walking into the hotel.

There's plenty of places to sit, work and relax in the lounge and lobby areas of the hotel. The bar operates intermittently including Friday and Saturday night - but not Sundays. Only drinks are offered at the bar. There are NO food options.

As a Titanium guest I was offered a total of 500 points or $20 F&B credit per day which can be spent at the little sundries shop or used for breakfast.

While others have commented on other review sites how their rooms were noisy if facing the nearby interstate freeway, I was on the 16th floor and faced the Whole Foods parking lot. There was no obvious noise whatsoever apart from when a car alarm went off early one morning.

Housekeeping is done every 3rd day but you can request to have it performed each day if that is your preference.

I would recommend grabbing breakfast at Whole Foods across the parking lot where there is a superb spread laid on for breakfast each morning including a hot buffet.

Parking at the hotel is an extortionate $56 a day. I parked on the street for free overnight and paid $2/hour for the time I stayed after 8am.

The staff at the hotel were warm and welcoming - and even texted me to make sure everything was okay with my stay.

Although the hotel describes itself as being 'downtown' - if you really want to visit somewhere like Quincy Market or even reach South Street Station, you need to take an Uber which will cost about $8-10. It's not a huge deal, but it's just not quite as downtown as say, the W - although you can walk easily into the South End and I suppose Back Bay if you felt the need.

There are some good restaurants on the street next to Whole Foods and they're open late.

Again, for the price point and the modernity of the furnishings, it was an enjoyable place to stay and nice to try somewhere new in the city. It gets my seal of approval!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.