Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Singapore Marriott Tang Plaza Hotel (Orchard Road) [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 28, 2020, 1:52 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: margarita girl
Hotel email: [email protected]
Print Wikipost

Singapore Marriott Tang Plaza Hotel (Orchard Road) [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 11, 2010, 11:07 am

Programs: UA 1K, HH LTD
The Crowne Plaza @ Changi is convenient for a quick stop-over and available for that night.
Old Jun 12, 2010, 7:57 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K MM; BA Silver; Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by mapu
The Crowne Plaza @ Changi is convenient for a quick stop-over and available for that night.
+1 on this hotel - it's brand new and very pleasant. Stayed there for a similar short stopover recently.

Alternatively, there is a transit hotel airside in SIN: http://www.athmg.com/
Old Jun 29, 2010, 3:29 pm

bump, any recent comments on this property heading there next week
Old Jun 29, 2010, 7:22 pm

Programs: BA Gold/Marriott Titanium Lifetime/UA/JetBlue
Originally Posted by sparkzone
I am a regular at the SIN Marriott and find the location great. The rooms are quite nice and as mentioned the lounge is consistently good.

The buffet in the Marriott Cafe is great value too.

I have to say though that despite my Platinum status I have never got a room upgrade, or a room on the Exec Floor... but to be honest it is the lounge that is the most important thing for me.

Great pool area.
Old Jun 29, 2010, 8:35 pm

Originally Posted by sparkzone
Stayed there this weekend and the previous weekend. Excellent hotel, but not necessarily unique in the cultural or architectural sense. I was upgraded to room on 29th floor (for some reason the 29th is better than the 30th floor--the top floor). Very nice decor, interesting shape room, just slightly larger than normal. Seperate shower and jet tub were both large and very nice. Bulgari amenities provided.

The CL food service was excellent, great spread for breakfast/dinner and 4-6 people providing table service (taking drink orders and special requests for food/assistance). Drinks are free in the evening. Buffet downstairs is large, but didn't knock my socks off.

The gym is newly upgraded and very nice, although a little small. Has 6+ ellipticals and numerous weight machines/free weights. Has a small outdoor bball court on 4th floor (part of the gym/spa). The spa/pool is very nice. They have a weekly special for massages at S$99 (about $75 US) for scheduled 60 minutes that was actually more like 80.

The club downstairs (basement under the lobby) is hopping, at least on Friday nights (early Sat AM 0300-0500). Watching the crowd leave during early breakfast time was very entertaining.

Orchard street is great for shopping; everything from junk merchants to the Gucci-class stores (Mont Blanc, Tiffanie's, etc.). It's a good walk (~4 miles?) down to the waterfront.

Although not related to the Marriott, suggest you check out the Marina Bay Sands (http://www.marinabaysands.com). It is freaky cool. The "boat" crossing the three hotel towers is amazing.
Old Jun 30, 2010, 5:08 am

thanks for the response.

probably not a good comparison, but looks like we will enjoy st.regis more but have to walk
Old Sep 18, 2010, 12:40 am

Programs: DL DM/2 MM, AA, AS, UA, Marriott Plat, Priority Club Gold, SPG Gold, Avis First, Hilton Silver
I stayed at Crowne Plaza @ Changi this week. Nice room and very quite.
Old Sep 18, 2010, 11:58 pm

In Singapore, I will only stay at Pan Pacific Singapore (Marina Square). They treat me (and probably other guests) like King!
Old Sep 19, 2010, 6:10 am

Programs: AC*SE, CX DM, HH DM, Marriott PLT, SPG PLT, PC PL
Other than the location and the gym, this hotel is [don't know what words are allowed that mean garbage]

The Hilton is fantastic, Sheraton is great if you don't mind taking a taxi. PPOrchard is to be avoided and just stay away from Orchard Hotel

If you're looking for budget, then Hotel 81 or a Fragrance isn't so bad if you don't mind banging on your walls (to be fair it's not that often)

Changi CP is great. But on that day, you may be better off rerouting your flight to be somewhere more cheap and interesting. Bet you can find something in:

KUL
BKK
SGN
CGK
Even ICN/GMP/HKG/KIX

anything else in the world on that weekend may be cheaper maybe even counting the rerouting/flight costs
Old Sep 19, 2010, 6:35 am

Programs: UA 1K, HH LTD
Originally Posted by Flyer888
In Singapore, I will only stay at Pan Pacific Singapore (Marina Square). They treat me (and probably other guests) like King!

IMHO this is one of the worst hotels in SIN
Old Sep 19, 2010, 7:46 am

Originally Posted by mapu

IMHO this is one of the worst hotels in SIN
What were the others? I might like them.
Old Dec 1, 2010, 7:45 pm

[ask]Marriott Singapore

Hi,

I just purchased 3 night new year long weekend from priceline for Marriot Singapore. Being a gold rewards status via HSBC premiere offer from this forum, I am willing to know what to expect in this property. I have done some research in this forum, but I am still confused with some different answers that gold status DO works with priceline reservation. To make it easy, these are my questions:

1. Am I eligible for room upgrade, lounge access, late check-out, free internet, MR points?
2. How do they treat a gold level member? Do we have to mention it or they understand and the upgrade done automatically?
3. What else to expect as a gold member?
4. Anyone has stayed in this property? And what are the HAVE-TO-DO things here? I know shopping is a must since the great location of this hotel
Old Dec 1, 2010, 7:55 pm

I believe you will not be eligible to earn any points for your stay. You should be able to get Gold Level benefits by either calling the hotel directly and adding your MR # or calling the gold desk and have them add it for you.
Old Dec 2, 2010, 1:35 am

Programs: UA 1K; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Diamond; CCarlson Elite
Singapore Marriott on Orchard Road is a fantastic property. You'll get treated really well, the loungee is great and the food they have on offer there is fabulous. Definitely do some shopping, but also go see Chinatown and the Marina Barrage
Old Dec 2, 2010, 6:31 am
Moderator, Marriott Bonvoy & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United Silver; AA Plat/2MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Hilton Gold
1. As mentioned, you are eligible to receive your Gold elite benefits, but not points on the rate. You can still get points on incidentals charged to the room though. Also as mentioned, you will need to get your MR# into the reservation.

2. Don't expect a suite room or anything. You should still get CL access and possibly a room on the CL floor. It probably wouldn't hurt to ask about upgrades when you check-in. I don't remember ever having to ask them to give me CL access, but I've also never done a PL reservation for that hotel either.

3. I do believe I was a Gold a couple of years ago when I stayed there over my birthday. The check-in person asked me what my favorite dessert was. And later that day, I was given a whole cheesecake as a present. (Of course I was traveling alone for that trip, so no sharing. ) Overall, they have treated me very well both as a Plat and a Gold.

4. Singapore has a lot there. As for what there is to do, I'd spend some time in the Singapore Forum forum. There are a lot of good threads there about a number of things to do.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.